Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Ludovico wrote: »
    How about seeing him in acting?

Maybe we'll get that too. ;)
    It looks like all the Bond actors go a bit mad when they no longer portray 007..Pierce,Sean and also Roger :

12296-4228.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, Roger portrayed Clouseau during his tenure as Bond. ;)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,661
    New claim - Hiddleston is out of the running. Take with the proverbial pinch of salt:
    If a new report is to be believed, apparently Barbara Broccoli, who produces the James Bond movies decided against Marvel's Loki to play the new James Bond because she found him too smug and not tough enough.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1643759/why-tom-hiddleston-was-allegedly-ruled-out-as-james-bond

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    It would be a shame if Hiddle has blown his chances with his rambling self congratulatory speech at the Golden Globes and the infamous "I 'heart' T.S." tattoo.

I can appreciate however that Babs prefers the quiet silent types with large muscles who are known to swear, as evidenced by her previous choices.

Still, Bond is smug imho.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,631
    Ludovico wrote: »
    How about seeing him in acting?

I have a feeling we'll be waiting a while on that. ;)

And, not that any of this can be taken seriously, great news if in fact Hiddleston is out of the running. Looks like the media has gotten tired of their anointed choice and are now going to have to search for another one to sell copies and get people to click on their links for the next year or so before we know something about the next film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes, @bondjames, Bond is smug, but he's a likeable smug.

Hiddles, especially after his rambling, self-congratulatory speech, is quite unlovable to the point that he's the kinda guy you really want to drop knuckles onto his face, IMHO.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I find him likeable on screen.....ala The Night Manager and High-Rise. Off camera I don't care.
    High-Rise is one weird film.
    Off-camera, Hiddles is said to be a very nice guy.
    I don't see any problem with Hidds.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    barryt007 wrote: »

Agreed. I wasn't blown way. But Hiddleston was good in it. Charming leading gent.
    suavejmf wrote: »

Agreed. I wasn't blown way. But Hiddleston was good in it. Charming leading gent.
    Yes ,he played the slowly unravelling Doctor very well.

He also has a great singing voice,which he shows in 'I've seen the Light' as Hank Williams.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Indeed it is. I didn't enjoy it much at all, but Hiddleston was mesmerizing. He owned every minute on screen, which is why if he's lost out on Bond, I hope he gets a decent franchise of his own, like The Saint or even a remake of the The Avengers (ironic that, given that he stars in the Marvel version) as Steed.

Despite his off screen antics, he has the 'it' factor in spades on screen imho.
    I don't think Hiddles has the character to be fit enough for an intellectual uncle-figure-like Etonian that is Steed. But, he'd be a good Simon Templar.
    I think he can do anything he wants. At present, he's easily the English actor of his generation with the most potential for breakout imho. The Bale of his time. I hope he chooses his next roles wisely.
    I agree, Hiddle has great "leading man" potential, perhaps in some sappy rom coms - but Aidan Turner is far better suited for Bond. I think a Bond actor should hold some level of mystery with the audience, just as the character should. Dating Taylor Swift definitely wasn't a good move.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

He also has a great singing voice,which he shows in 'I've seen the Light' as Hank Williams.
    James Bond, the musical?

James Bond, the musical?

Hahaha if they did that he would be perfect.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree, Hiddle has great "leading man" potential, perhaps in some sappy rom coms - but Aidan Turner is far better suited for Bond. I think a Bond actor should hold some level of mystery with the audience, just as the character should. Dating Taylor Swift definitely wasn't a good move.

If Turner dates Swift next, this post will come back to haunt you.
    He isn't giving up ever, is he? Quite a stamina for sure. I am a bland fangirl compared to him.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    He IS determined @Germanlady i must admit....let it go @Mendes4Lyfe old son !! ~X(
    Is Turner even in the running any more? I thought he was out a while back on account of Poldark.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    And off that, who was ever "officially" in the running? Ever since SP's release, I really haven't been sure what was official and what was a bad rumor.
    That's a good point. Really there hasn't been anyone official except Craig.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,117
    bondjames wrote: »
    Is Turner even in the running any more? I thought he was out a while back on account of Poldark.

I'd say he is the only one in the running. He's the only one who hasn't eliminated himself from the running. When asked about playing Bond, his usual response is "no comment" or "I can't talk about it". Plus, it was confirmed through a producer of Poldark that he was flown to LA last year to meet with Barbara. Yes, I'd say he was in the running. Poldark series 3 airs in June in the UK, and in September in the States. Beyond that, the future of the show is uncertain.

I'd say he was the only one in the running. He's the only one who hasn't eliminated himself from the running. When asked about playing Bond, his usual response is "no comment" or "I can't talk about it". Plus, it was confirmed through a producer of Poldark that he was flown to LA last year to meet with Barbara. Yes, I'd say he was in the running. Poldark series 3 airs in June in the UK, and in September in the States. Beyond that, the future of the show is currently uncertain.
    Thanks. I presume that if the 3rd season is a success and the show is therefore renewed for a 4th, then he will be bound to it though. Is that a correct assumption? Like how Brozza was tied to Remington Steele?

I'd say he was the only one in the running. He's the only one who hasn't eliminated himself from the running. When asked about playing Bond, his usual response is "no comment" or "I can't talk about it". Plus, it was confirmed through a producer of Poldark that he was flown to LA last year to meet with Barbara. Yes, I'd say he was in the running. Poldark series 3 airs in June in the UK, and in September in the States. Beyond that, the future of the show is currently uncertain.
    Thanks. I presume that if the 3rd season is a success and the show is therefore renewed for a 4th, then he will be bound to it though. Is that a correct assumption? Like how Brozza was tied to Remington Steele?

I assume so. Poldark series 2 was a huge step back in terms of viewing figures here in the UK. This is partly thought to be because it went up against "Victoria" on ITV, which was also hugely popular last year. To try and avoid clashing this time, BBC moved series 3 forward to the summer.

My guess is, if it returns to the barnstorming success of series 1, it'll get renewed again. If it continues on the current trajectory, chances are they will cut their losses after 3 series - which is a respectable run for this kind of show. The original version of Poldark from the mid 70's was massively popular also, and only ran for 2 series in the end.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    And off that, who was ever "officially" in the running? Ever since SP's release, I really haven't been sure what was official and what was a bad rumor.

Just about all of it has been "bad rumor".
    dalton wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Just about all of it has been "bad rumor".

Don't worry, everyone hated Craig to begin with as well. Warming to a new Bond is a process, I've learned.