Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited February 2017 Posts: 16,330
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    He's playing Little John.

Really ? Bloody hell...the story of Robin Hood gets its arse kicked every time..Jamie Foxx as Little John ?!

Here's a behind the scenes still from the film. It honestly looks like a school play. :))
    Robin-Hood_Origins_foto-1.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Little John Foxx

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,131
    Blackwashing a supposedly medieval England era character. Pointless and inaccurate. Who's playing the Sherriff of Nottingham? Jackie Chan?
    why do these things get the green light...Robin Hood is an English folklore (or not ? most things are always based on some kind of fact) and gets treated like muck....since 1991 we've had an American who couldnt even be arsed to change his accent ,an Australian ,and now this shambles...do Robin Hood a favour and leave him alone.

You might make money but you are taking this piss out of an English folklore.
    why do these things get the green light...Robin Hood is an English folklore (or not ? most things are always based on some kind of fact) and gets treated like muck....since 1991 we've had an American who couldnt even be arsed to change his accent ,an Australian ,and now this shambles...do Robin Hood a favour and leave him alone.

+1. Its a legend/ folklore. But I can guarantee Little John would not have been black. There were no blacks in England!
    Everyone knows Little John was a bear. And not a black bear, either.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Blackwashing a supposedly medieval England era character. Pointless and inaccurate. Who's playing the Sherriff of Nottingham? Jackie Chan?
    Haha. Good one. PC gone wild. Maybe that's why he was abused actually.
    Murdock wrote: »
    He's playing Little John.

Really ? Bloody hell...the story of Robin Hood gets its arse kicked every time..Jamie Foxx as Little John ?!

In the BBC they had a fit Black actor playing Friar Tuck. Because they wouldn't want to offend fat people.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

+1. Its a legend/ folklore. But I can guarantee Little John would not have been black. There were no blacks in England!

Um, actually there were black people in places like Suffolk that date back to the 1100s.

When was the last time a decent Robin Hood film was made? I suppose it's all opinion, For me maybe Robin and Marion with Sean.
    Robin Hood is such an iconic character I was baffled when the Russel Crowe version came out as I had to actually explain to someone who Robin Hood was. I sarcastically asked them if they never heard of James Bond or Sherlock Holmes either. It's so trendy to update iconic characters to the point they're unrecognizable in fear the classic representations won't appeal to current audiences. I hope this doesn't one day happen to Bond.
    Exactly what i was thinking,it has to be Robin and Marion,and even that was an aged Robin Hood...
    Exactly what i was thinking,it has to be Robin and Marion,and even that was an aged Robin Hood...
    In a way, I'd almost rather see an aged Robin Hood than another hip trendy origin story.

ToTheRight wrote: »
    In a way, I'd almost rather see an aged Robin Hood than another hip trendy origin story.

I think he needs a break overall....

Yeah. Maybe at least long enough until characters like Robin Hood start to be appreciated and represented in their original forms as opposed to updated.

Yeah. Maybe at least long enough until characters like Robin Hood start to be appreciated and represented in their original forms as opposed to updated.

Exactly...after this weird looking film,i think Robin Hood would have no interest to the viewing public...getting like Simon Templar on the big screen...wasted.

doubleoego wrote: »

Um, actually there were black people in places like Suffolk that date back to the 1100s.

History is vague on this. Yes as far back as the Romans and Vikings they had black slaves. But first official records are way beyond medieval times. I'm not convinced the population in the midlands was very high, especially free men.

It needs to be well done. Robin Hood should have his own thread here.
    Ludovico wrote: »

It needs to be well done. Robin Hood should have his own thread here.

I've just made one....all Robin Hood chat has a new thread peeps.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »

History is vague on this. Yes as far back as the Romans and Vikings they had black slaves. But first official records are way beyond medieval times. I'm not convinced the population in the midlands was very high, especially free men.

Oh, the population most certainly wasn't high but there were still blacks around. There were definitely slaves as well as merchents/travellers but a lot more blacks were mostly running around other parts of Europe during medieval times than they were in England.
    I was a big fan of the Sky/Cinemax series Strike Back and at no point did i realise that star Phillip Weatherley was not English until i checked him out on IMDB. A flawless English accent one of the best i've heard. Also had no idea co-star Sullivan Stapleton was an Aussie
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Henry Cavill would be the obvious choice. He has had a few mixed performances, but he has the right look and style down to a tee, and is about the right age.

Unfortunately, his recent portrayals of other franchise characters, such as Superman and particularly Napoleon Solo will probably preclude him from the role.
    Having seen A Cure For Wellness, I was again reminded of what a great James Bond Jason Isaacs would have been.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Having seen A Cure For Wellness, I was again reminded of what a great James Bond Jason Isaacs would have been.
    He should have been Bond during the 2000s.
    I'm just watching the beginning of 'Dr Strange' and Benedict Cumberbatch looks very Bond-like behind the wheel of a speeding car wearing a suit and bow tie...wow.
    I'm just watching the beginning of 'Dr Strange' and Benedict Cumberbatch looks very Bond-like behind the wheel of a speeding car wearing a suit and bow tie...wow.

Please, no. He s a great Dr Strange. Let him stick to that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If they ever made a biopic about Roger Moore, I think Cumberbatch would be good for that.
    You lost me there.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,131
    Me too. Moore has more charm in his little finger than Cumberbatch has in his entirety.
    Exactly. Hail Roger!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I am now convinced more than ever that Hugh Jackman would have been a great Bond. He would have had the ability to pull off the lightness of Moore and equal, or perhaps surpass, the brutality of Craig. That is a rare combination.

If indeed the story is true that Babs thought Hugh was too "Fey" for the role, I feel it was a significant lapse in judgement.