No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Awful news. I hope all injuries quickly heal.
    This is the problem with filming in pinewood
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Compared to the car crash that severely injured several crew members on SP, this doesn't seem to be as serious. Hopefully they got the take.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I like how quickly the official twitter dispelled The Sun’s hyperbole.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    It wasn't filming. It was testing by stunt guys of scene with fireball.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    talos7 wrote: »
    But did they get the take?

But was it bigger than the one in SP?

In all seriousness, I hope everyone is okay.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    But did they get the take?

But was it bigger than the one in SP?

In all seriousness, I hope everyone is okay.

There doesn't seem to be any serious injuries, otherwise I wouldn't have made the snarky comment . ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,009
    This film is getting pushed back from April 2020 inevitably.

I suspect something late September/early October 2020. Mark my words.

We're over ten months away from the release date with a month of filming already in the can. Craig injured an ankle, he didn't lose a leg.

If it is pushed back, I'll eat my words of course - but I don't think the release date is under threat at all yet. It would be extremely surprising if it was, even after taking the negative press into account.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Interesting - it was first or second unit?
    Knowing that there must be filming in Norway tomorrow, I believe that it was Alexander Witt's unit that had this problems (especially knowing that second unit is traditionally responsible for such stunts).

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Is that just a hunch?

We're over ten months away from the release date with a month of filming already in the can. Craig injured an ankle, he didn't lose a leg.

If it is pushed back, I'll eat my words of course - but I don't think the release date is under threat at all yet. It would be extremely surprising if it was, even after taking the negative press into account.

I think the release date is locked in. Universal has planned there subsequent releases around this and their spending for each quarter.

hmm I disagree
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    P2D is a bit of a doomsayer. Not a comment on the actual quality of his posts.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,619
    ggl007 wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Giugiaro wrote: »
    Even the SUV DBX would be more interesting than a Rapide! If Aston have any sense from a marketing standpoint, it should be the DBX.
    That’ll upset a few purists.

I know I would be upset. A four door saloon or an SUV don't suit Bond as his personal vehicle, unless it serves a narrative purpose.
    Daniel Craig will NOT be in Norway, because THIS LAST WEEK HE HAS BEEN TRAINING IN PINEWOOD AND, ALTHOUGH HE WAS WALKING WITH CRUTCHES, HE IS GOING TO FILM A CHASE THIS VERY WEEK.

In Pinewood?

Yes.

What's your source on this?

Sorry, can't tell. Very reliable.
    Hahaha! Funniest comment of the month! Well done, mate! :)) Seriously though, your sources have been consistently wrong. In fact, I don’t think they have been correct a single time!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Minion wrote: »

Not at all, of course.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    From NRK: From 6 a.m Wednesday, the Atlantic Road will be closed for longer periods. But already on Tuesday evening preparations began facilitating the film shoot that will take place on the road the next three days. Security crew are already at work, checking that people don't stay overnight or for other reasons are staying on the Atlantic Road tonight. From around 8. p.m tonight, camping drivers will be told to leave the popular road, according to security guards NRK have talked to. During the convoy driving the next days, there will also be strict conditions. Security will check that cars don't stop for people to step out and take photos. It's also not allowed to stay on the picnic areas or road pockets on the Atlantic Road.

OrTKAzs7uH9XgpfRjZGnUg6piLH4IsvQ_iWOX53s7w6A.jpg

https://www.nrk.no/mr/strengt-vakthald-1.14576481

• Crazy! Just seems bad luck is following this production. Glad no one was seriously hurt, and hope the damage isn't too bad! This is the fastest Eon has put out a press release regarding B25, at least to get ahead of the tabloids.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    From NRK: From 6 a.m Wednesday, the Atlantic Road will be closed for longer periods. But already on Tuesday evening preparations began facilitating the film shoot that will take place on the road the next three days. Security crew are already at work, checking that people don't stay overnight or for other reasons are staying on the Atlantic Road tonight. From around 8. p.m tonight, camping drivers will be told to leave the popular road, according to security guards NRK have talked to. During the convoy driving the next days, there will also be strict conditions. Security will check that cars don't stop for people to step out and take photos. It's also not allowed to stay on the picnic areas or road pockets on the Atlantic Road.

WHAT MOVIE IS FILMING ON THE ATLANTIC ROAD??!!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Only coverage I've seen so far today other than this from NRK, is all behind a paywall. Headlines suggests it's Bond.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Is it possible that there’s second unit filming of a car chase in Norway, while Craig is at Pinewood? As others have said, he doesn’t actually need to be in the car during the chase. They could film interior shots of the car with Craig and splice it together. And this would explain why there isn’t much fanfare around this Atlantic Road filming as it’s only second unit.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Only coverage I've seen so far today other than this from NRK, is all behind a paywall. Headlines suggests it's Bond.

I do hope so, I’m just waiting for official confirmation.
    Is it possible that there’s second unit filming of a car chase in Norway, while Craig is at Pinewood? As others have said, he doesn’t actually need to be in the car during the chase. They could film interior shots of the car with Craig and splice it together. And this would explain why there isn’t much fanfare around this Atlantic Road filming as it’s only second unit.

My guess this is the case. There's been no mention about actors as far as I can see, and it's not that many reports on the shoot at all yet.

I do hope so, I’m just waiting for official confirmation.

I think (or hope rather) we'll learn more tomorrow when they actually start shooting.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Today news about problems in Pinewood with stunts, I think, are indicating that second unit is working in Pinewood after first unit (it will be logical as A. Witt will have material to work with and fill the gaps). That's why I think that first unit will do its work in Norway.

We will know. I'm sure some photos with actors, Cary Fukunaga, Linus Sandgren (first unit members) from Norway will leak (if it is first unit in Norway, of course).
    Least interesting photo of the day: Roadblocks are being placed in front of road pockets and turnarounds on the Atlantic Road (from NRK.no).

_RAa9wDlnL2Ps46wfB6BogQn9Knj6h6IZzuDfzsZJtUg.jpg
    https://www.nrk.no/mr/grundig-sperringsjobb-1.14576488
  • At least the sign didn't fall off :))
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 5,767

Ah, so it happened today, and not yesterday. Hope the unfortunate individual isn't too badly injured. I wish them a speedy recovery.
    Or Maybe yesterday and today ;-).

Now we´re getting somewhere near the Entertainment Zone! Blowing s**t up! Cursed Bond film! Yes, that´s how you create legend :-)! I already hear Patrick McNee narrating away.

Red_Snow wrote: »
    Good Lord! Who would have thought 007 stage would have such bunker walls! It must have been colossal mayhem that nearly tore down this Epitome of rockness.

I´m pleased. It reminds me of TB, when they allegedly put too much explosives on Largo´s boat and, instead of blowing it into several parts, vaporized it :-).

Or, someone just needed a breath of Fresh air and opened the Overheads.

All of them. Bond 25, Black Widow, and a Norwegian tv production.
  • tqbtqb
    Refresh my memory, when did the stage burn down? I know it has a history of accidents
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Didn t it burn down twice? This is nothing.

Unless the tabloids are to be trusted in which case everyone is dead.
    Minion wrote: »
    No, you can´t say that. @P2B had been a Defender of optimism regarding the production. Unlike me.