No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Pavlo wrote: »
    More trouble:
    (Here the) BMW get-together botches for Bond

71151400.jpg?imageId=71151400&width=1024&height=615

On Saturday, a number of cars from Norway’s largest BMW get-together – arranged annually in Møre & Romsdal, ravaged back and forth on the Atlantic Road. The result of the column driving by the car enthusiasts resulted in long stretches of black marks after scorched car tires.

Dagbladet was in the area in that period, and witnessed cruising and heard screeches from car tires along the famous stretch of road which lies between Molde and Kristiansand. Afterward, clips from the get-together were published on Youtube. Documentation published on Instagram has been deleted while Dagbladet worked on this article.

The tires are a huge draw in the bill (expression; similar to contretemps) for the international Hollywood production in the area. The Atlantic Road will be closed for longer periods of the day this week, in order to shoot important car scenes for the next «James Bond» film by helicopter. The marks stretches over several kilometres and are still visible when Dabladet drives the stretch of road at crack of dawn Wednesday morning.

– We have no choice but to film, says line producer Per Henry Borch from the production company Truenorth, who facilitates the film shooting in Norway.

The burnt rubber from the BMW get-together has become a headache for the British production. Borch says they’ve have had crew to try and remove the marks, with no luck.

The rubber can thus end up interfering the visual expression in the planned film sequence, with clean, empty and bare road. According to the application sent from the company Nord Helikopter to the Civil aviation Authority, the film helicopter will fly low over the Bond cars that will be used the coming days.

– We have tried road sweeping cars and flushing, but it sits too hard. The Norwegian Public Roads Administration have been informed. It’s difficult to tell if we’ll have to avoid filming in those places (of the road) and what can be done afterwards. The burning (expression) is even been done in the tenderloin (another expression) of the road we want to use in the film, says a dejected Borch to Dagbladet.

He refers to the car tire marks that now marks the well-known Storseisund bridge.

– I would have liked to see that we had an as untouched location as possible when we came here to film a national tourist road and spectacular bridge formation. It’s been put a lot of gunpowder (expression; effort) in this, and the tire marks are an extra headache for us, which in turn might end up putting visual limitations in filming the next few days, he says.

Section had of the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Lisbeth Smørholm, confirms that they have been made aware of the fresh marks.

– The situation is very unfortunate. We have put the film company in contact with our operating centre to see if we can be of assistance. The behaviour is regrettable and should not take place in public roads, but instead on closed racetracks, she says.

Dagbladet have been in contact with the man who filmed the column of cars burning rubber along the Atlantic Road.

– I understand this did not fall into good soil (expression) with some, and I’ve now deleted the video clip. We do not want a negative coverage of this who arrange the get-together or involved car clubs, he says, and continues:

– We have understood that this is not fortunate in view of the Bond shoot. Unfortunately we did not know about it, and we feel it’s unfortunate that this can be of trouble for the film. If we had known about it, nobody would have done this, I guess that applies to everyone that drove the stretch (of road), he says.

According to the man, between 200 and 500 BMW’s were column driving on the Atlantic Road on Saturday. This is an annual tradition in connection with the get-together that is held nearby, Dagbladet is told.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/her-odelegger-bmw-treffet-for-james-bond/71151294

And in more positive news: Cars!
    From test driving yesterday:
    71151588.jpg?imageId=71151588&width=1024&height=615

Video:
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582

I think it can be easily and invisibly revomed in post-production.

Yes, but it means extra time, extra cost and tampering with something that would have been better left as it was. This shows that secrecy isn t always the best option.

Maybe. But I do think that it won't be very expensive or time-consuming because of relatively simple visual effects work. It is definitely not something extremely cop=mplicated in terms of visual effects. Even mid-low-budget films are using such tricks to polish visual part of film.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425

Is that for real? What is the car? If that's the V8 Vantage from TLD or the DBS from OHMSS that is pretty cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    More trouble:

On Saturday, a number of cars from Norway’s largest BMW get-together – arranged annually in Møre & Romsdal, ravaged back and forth on the Atlantic Road. The result of the column driving by the car enthusiasts resulted in long stretches of black marks after scorched car tires.

Dagbladet was in the area in that period, and witnessed cruising and heard screeches from car tires along the famous stretch of road which lies between Molde and Kristiansand. Afterward, clips from the get-together were published on Youtube. Documentation published on Instagram has been deleted while Dagbladet worked on this article.

The tires are a huge draw in the bill (expression; similar to contretemps) for the international Hollywood production in the area. The Atlantic Road will be closed for longer periods of the day this week, in order to shoot important car scenes for the next «James Bond» film by helicopter. The marks stretches over several kilometres and are still visible when Dabladet drives the stretch of road at crack of dawn Wednesday morning.

– We have no choice but to film, says line producer Per Henry Borch from the production company Truenorth, who facilitates the film shooting in Norway.

The burnt rubber from the BMW get-together has become a headache for the British production. Borch says they’ve have had crew to try and remove the marks, with no luck.

The rubber can thus end up interfering the visual expression in the planned film sequence, with clean, empty and bare road. According to the application sent from the company Nord Helikopter to the Civil aviation Authority, the film helicopter will fly low over the Bond cars that will be used the coming days.

– We have tried road sweeping cars and flushing, but it sits too hard. The Norwegian Public Roads Administration have been informed. It’s difficult to tell if we’ll have to avoid filming in those places (of the road) and what can be done afterwards. The burning (expression) is even been done in the tenderloin (another expression) of the road we want to use in the film, says a dejected Borch to Dagbladet.

He refers to the car tire marks that now marks the well-known Storseisund bridge.

– I would have liked to see that we had an as untouched location as possible when we came here to film a national tourist road and spectacular bridge formation. It’s been put a lot of gunpowder (expression; effort) in this, and the tire marks are an extra headache for us, which in turn might end up putting visual limitations in filming the next few days, he says.

Section had of the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Lisbeth Smørholm, confirms that they have been made aware of the fresh marks.

– The situation is very unfortunate. We have put the film company in contact with our operating centre to see if we can be of assistance. The behaviour is regrettable and should not take place in public roads, but instead on closed racetracks, she says.

Dagbladet have been in contact with the man who filmed the column of cars burning rubber along the Atlantic Road.

– I understand this did not fall into good soil (expression) with some, and I’ve now deleted the video clip. We do not want a negative coverage of this who arrange the get-together or involved car clubs, he says, and continues:

– We have understood that this is not fortunate in view of the Bond shoot. Unfortunately we did not know about it, and we feel it’s unfortunate that this can be of trouble for the film. If we had known about it, nobody would have done this, I guess that applies to everyone that drove the stretch (of road), he says.

According to the man, between 200 and 500 BMW’s were column driving on the Atlantic Road on Saturday. This is an annual tradition in connection with the get-together that is held nearby, Dagbladet is told.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/her-odelegger-bmw-treffet-for-james-bond/71151294

Video:

Yes, but it means extra time, extra cost and tampering with something that would have been better left as it was. This shows that secrecy isn t always the best option.

Maybe. But I do think that it won't be very expensive or time-consuming because of relatively simple visual effects work. It is definitely not something extremely cop=mplicated in terms of visual effects. Even mid-low-budget films are using such tricks to polish visual part of film.

Cetainly better than to cancel filming on those stretches. They are very skilled people, so they will work around it.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,281
    More trouble:

Video:

Indeed, but it's still annoying that they will have to do some additional work in post-prod.
    Getafix wrote: »

Is that for real? What is the car? If that's the V8 Vantage from TLD or the DBS from OHMSS that is pretty cool.

It's the V8 Vantage Series III, according to the articles (should this be in a spoiler tag or not?).

_________
    Also, VG's article is updated, adding:
    Wednesday morning the Storseisund bridge is basking in sun, and the sea is completely calm. An orange film helicopter has flown a few test rounds very close to the bridge. The Bond car drives multiple times over the bridge, in glorious sunlight, with the helicopter hanging so low over it that you get a suck in your stomach just by looking at it from distance. And if there's any doubts, the pictures show that it's definitely not Daniel Craig sitting in the driver's seat on these test runs.

New pictures from the Dagbladet article:
    71152330.jpg?imageId=71152330&width=1024&height=615
    71152331.jpg?imageId=71152331&width=1024&height=615
    It looks very similar to the OHMSS Aston in those photos
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Getafix wrote: »
    It looks very similar to the OHMSS Aston in those photos

Nop, straight out of TLD.

Odd isn't it? Could they be using a temp Aston while the filming doesn't start? Odd it would be a historical one. Why would Bond use a V8 Vantage series III again?
    Even more images (in a separate article) from Dagbladet:
    71152647.jpg?imageId=71152647&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=89.908256880734&width=980&height=588
    71152703.jpg?imageId=71152703&x=29.081632653061&y=24.681933842239&cropw=52.210884353741&croph=46.946564885496&width=614&height=370
    71152647.jpg?imageId=71152647&width=1024&height=615
    71152646.jpg?imageId=71152646&width=1024&height=615
    71152650.jpg?imageId=71152650&width=1024&height=615

The car driven has the registration number B549 WUU, known from the Bond film «The Living Daylights» (1987) starring Timothy Dalton in the role as 007.
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632

Edit. New video added to one of the articles:
    https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/Adxqdn/her-er-den-foerste-bond-bilen-paa-atlanterhavsveien
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7106487/Daniel-Craig-jokes-James-Bond-fireball-stunt-went-horribly-wrong.html

Daniel in Pinewood according to Daily Mail. Maybe second unit is in Norway now.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Bloody hell, it's supposed to be the same car. The very same car from TLD ?!

Strange.

Lovely pictures, though. And the driver seems to have Dan's haircut and physique. A stand in? Maybe?

Scratch that lads, I know what's going on. Daniel didn't recover from the injury and they had to turn to the grittiest, best Bond ever for the job. TIM is BACK! Hurray! ;)
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Univex wrote: »
    Bloody hell, it's supposed to be the same car. The very same car from TLD ?!

Strange.

Lovely pictures, though. And the driver seems to have Dan's haircut and physique. A stand in? Maybe?

Scratch that lads, I know what's going on. Daniel didn't recover from the injury and they had to turn to the grittiest, best Bond ever for the job. TIM is BACK! Hurray! ;)

Now that's what I call good news!

I love the TLD car but does seem odd. Better than having the DB5 back again but how about something non Aston? A vintage SAAB might have been cool.

c_4_151209084620.gif

IMG_3233.jpg

Huge apparatus at work
    Wednesday morning there are lots of cars and movie equipment along the road – also helicopters, trucks, camera cars and various sports cars*. And a large posse of police,…
    https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/05/Voldsomt-apparat-i-sving-19191073.ece

*Dagbladet mentions in one of their articles that "Two Aston Martin V8 Vantage Series III were at Malmedalen yesterday."
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

c_4_151209084620.gif
    Local media update as well (behind a paywall). Here's the little bit of text I could access:

Huge apparatus at work
    Wednesday morning there are lots of cars and movie equipment along the road – also helicopters, trucks, camera cars and various sports cars. And a large posse of police,…
    https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/05/Voldsomt-apparat-i-sving-19191073.ece

It it is not screen testing or stunt testing than we will actually see scene with two characters in the car. Helicopter with camera flew too close to car - it indicates that characters will be well seen.
    Could it be that Cary is a Dalton fan?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

We will get some stunning shots in Bond 25!

I like the potential visual contrast of Bond 25: sunny Jamaica with red dawn, blue sea and green forests; cold, winter Norway with white snow, rocky landspace and grey, dark tones of Atlantic Road. And then Matera and potentially Greece with its own visual tone and specifics.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This seems like official confirmation that it is indeed Bond 25 that’s using the Atlantic Road.

I’m surprised they went the vintage route again for Aston Martin. I honestly thought we’d be seeing a contemporary vehicle used in this movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Huh.. they're bringing back the same V8 Vantage? What an odd turn of events in this films developments.

At least it's not the DB5 again. I'm really sick of seeing that car.
    Really, really odd that they'd use that particular Aston Martin. How would it fit narrative wise. Any ideias?
    Really, really odd that they'd use that particular Aston Martin. How would it fit narrative wise. Any ideias?

Very odd indeed. I'm wondering if the number plate is just meant to be a nod to TLD and not the exact car
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Matt wrote: »

Very odd indeed. I'm wondering if the number plate is just meant to be a nod to TLD and not the exact car

No doubt. Didn t they do the same with the DB5?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Maybe this scene will be in the past?..
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Even more images (in a separate article) from Dagbladet:
    71152647.jpg?imageId=71152647&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=89.908256880734&width=980&height=588
    71152703.jpg?imageId=71152703&x=29.081632653061&y=24.681933842239&cropw=52.210884353741&croph=46.946564885496&width=614&height=370
    71152647.jpg?imageId=71152647&width=1024&height=615
    71152646.jpg?imageId=71152646&width=1024&height=615
    71152650.jpg?imageId=71152650&width=1024&height=615

The car driven has the registration number B549 WUU, known from the Bond film «The Living Daylights» (1987) starring Timothy Dalton in the role as 007.
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632

Edit. New video added to one of the articles:
    https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/Adxqdn/her-er-den-foerste-bond-bilen-paa-atlanterhavsveien

The second photo in this post, it looks very much like the Aston's rego is B549WUU
    now where have I seen that before?
    :-O :D :-bd ^:)^
    Of all the Bond Aston's, this and the DBS from OHMSS are my favourite. Happy times.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What a pleasant surprise to see the Vantage again. Pre-winterized, perhaps.

I've been pretty vocal about not wanting to see the DB5 again for a while, and even AM in general. However, there can be exceptions. ;)

The car from the 25th anniversary in the 25th film.
    Curiouser and curiouser.

It is a lovely looking car, but I'd prefer something contemporary provided we're not shooting a flashback. For now I think I'm going to just tell myself that it's a stand-in for whatever vehicle they'll use on the day.

(I realize this is irrational: why use a vintage Aston as a stand-in? Why have 2 of them on hand? The insurance on them must be hefty. Etc etc.)
    I’d love to see bond driving a different vintage Aston.

In that one video the police officer says they've escorted cars into the area of shooting, that are not authorised for driving on Norwegian roads. Which cars is "top secret", and "cars you won't usually see on these roads". He couldn't confirm officially that it was Bond 25 being filmed either.
  • I wonder if the Aston still has Dalton's optional extras installed. :-?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Much better than the Rapide E.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Much better than the Rapide E.

That's for sure!