No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• @gandalfgrey: These kind of figures are used on tracks called "glattkjøringbane" or ice driving tracks, which I think will be the best way to translate it. You drive on slippery tracks and these figures are pushed in front of you, and you have to steer the car away from them. It's a mandatory thing when taking the drivers licence in Norway.

Here you see it in action:

Wow, interesting. So, maybe not part of the filming and just present in the holding area. I have learnt something new, either way :)
    @gandalfgrey: These kind of figures are used on tracks called "glattkjøringbane" or ice driving tracks, which I think will be the best way to translate it. You drive on slippery tracks and these figures are pushed in front of you, and you have to steer the car away from them. It's a mandatory thing when taking the drivers licence in Norway.

Here you see it in action:

Wow, interesting. So, maybe not part of the filming and just present in the holding area. I have learnt something new, either way :)

In the video in the article it looks like the figure is behind the cars, in a non-operated position – at least to me. That's not to say that the figure wasn't used in part of the preparation of course; maybe there's something (a person maybe) blocking the road, which the Aston must steer clear of?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Bond 25' explosion: Health and Safety Executive making initial enquiries
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/bond-25-explosion-health-and-safety-executive-making-initial-enquiries-110442827.html
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Pavlo wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    My only thought is that it is an advert of some kind that is being filmed for a partner when the film launches. Maybe Aston Martin themselves? Getting the vintage Bond cars out and about in beautiful locations?

Only speculation on my part.

Hmm, I wonder...

I dont think so because today they shot some scenes with Range Rovers SUV (you can see this by using the link above).
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632
    One of the Range Rovers appears to have a Russian registration plate... Maybe an indication that Norway is indeed substituting for another location in the film? Most odd.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    My only thought is that it is an advert of some kind that is being filmed for a partner when the film launches. Maybe Aston Martin themselves? Getting the vintage Bond cars out and about in beautiful locations?

Hmm, I wonder...

I dont think so because today they shot some scenes with Range Rovers SUV (you can see this by using the link above).
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632
    One of the Range Rovers appears to have a Russian registration plate... Maybe an indication that Norway is indeed substituting for another location in the film? Most odd.

Where do you see that plate?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Fascinating photos......it looks to me that Fukunaga is evidently a Dalton fan. I quite like that they haven't just even us the DB5 and instead are using another vintage Bond car.

What I like the most about the Voltane is quite how muscular it is. It isn't as dainty as the DB5 or DB10. There is something a little more brutal about it, whilst having a degree of elegance. But it's prominently a tough looking vehicle.

rrllg.gif

So.....can we presume filming will be taking place tonight in Black Park?

Also....Variety are referring to the title as Eclipse still.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,293

Hmm, I wonder...

71151586.jpg?imageId=71151586&width=1024&height=615

This one I figure? If that number on the far right (95) is naming the region of registration, it looks to be Chechnya…? The number is slightly obscured in the photo.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Russia
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If filming is taking place in Black Park, is it possible we may get some photos? Is this a public area? (Sorry, I am not from the UK).
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I’ve always loved the V8 Volante. It looks like a 60s Mustang but angrier.
    Seems a little strange to me that the first unit isn't present for such a scene. Could they be coming at a later date?
    It’s all very strange indeed. This is a production for the ages. All the secrecy, the strangeness, injuries, exploding studios, tabloids running wild,... What interesting times these are for us Bond fans.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Hmm, I wonder...

This one I figure? If that number on the far right (95) is naming the region of registration, it looks to be Chechnya…? The number is slightly obscured in the photo.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Russia
    There's also this Range Rover (on the very right of the picture). CC: @ggl007.

I just find it strange that they're not using Norwegian plates when they easily could. Either this car scene is taking place in Russia or the cars belong to a Russian character. One thing's for sure though; the mere presence of these Range Rovers tells us that this isn't a flashback scene. bond-4.jpg

Is there still an outside chance that this is filming for Black Widow?

Filming is still happening there. The character in the Marvel films is Russian (which would explain the plates) and the Aston Martin could just be a homage to Bond (after all, 007 is the king of the espionage genre).
    Is there still an outside chance that this is filming for Black Widow?

Filming is still happening there. The character in the Marvel films is Russian (which would explain the plates) and the Aston Martin could just be a homage to Bond (after all, 007 is the king of the espionage genre).

Quite possibly. But what a gut punch that would be.

Seems enough sources have said the shooting's for Bond. The licence plate being the same can't be a coincidence/homage either, if it's in Black Widow. Also in at least one photo I saw, the double doing the driving really does resemble Craig -- I'd wager we're pretty safe in assuming this is for Bond.
    All signs point to it being Bond. I’m just puzzled about the main unit not being there.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    FoxRox wrote: »
    All signs point to it being Bond. I’m just puzzled about the main unit not being there.

Second unit can film only long shots, some landscape shots and first unit can come sooner to film sequences with actors.
    Not really aroused. Nice location, but from the looks of it, they are just filming point A to B shots (Bond arriving in Baku in TWINE kind of). Seems like most of the action will not be filmed on location but in The Pinewood backlot.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks, @BondAficionado What sharp little eyes... you know the rest.
    FoxRox wrote: »

They are just filming coverage. Getting the shots that will be the effective shoe-leather stringing scenes together.

The best comparison are the shots of China in Skyfall. They were shot by an additional unit, whilst the main unit were working at Pinewood. This doesn't mean that the main unit won't return to Norway.
    A homage to Dalton. Not before time.
    This is what it looked like when NRK drove past the base of the film production on the Atlantic Road Wednesday.
    https://www.nrk.no/mr/stor-produksjon--1.14577812

Several tents, lots of vans (mostly Hertz). At 00.10 you can just about see three SUV's (a couple of them same as these two) and the Aston.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know which country the SUV's number plate belongs to?

71151593.jpg?imageId=71151593&width=1024&height=615
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    This is what it looked like when NRK drove past the base of the film production on the Atlantic Road Wednesday.

Several tents, lots of vans (mostly Hertz). At 00.10 you can just about see three SUV's (a couple of them same as these two) and the Aston.

I can see another Aston parked next to it. Identical, I believe. Can anyone confirm this? @Torgeirtrap, do you see it as well? Just a glimpse as they're passing by.
    Univex wrote: »

I can see another Aston parked next to it. Identical, I believe. Can anyone confirm this? @Torgeirtrap, do you see it as well? Just a glimpse as they're passing by.

Yep, you're right. One of the Dagbladet articles from earlier today mentioned two Aston's were at the test track in Malmedalen.

Some people driving the Atlantic Road got a closer look at the Aston (although it was covered up):

• PavloPavlo Ukraine

Edit: By the way, does anyone know which country the SUV's number plate belongs to?

What model of Land cruiser is on the photo? Seems like old Cruiser 100 or 105. If this is true and knowing that filmmakers are using Aston Martin V8 Vantage III then, I think, we can actually get some scenes from the past as two models are quite old and not developing now by its companies.
    Greg Williams is back!!! Now that's news. And good ones at that.

Now off to pre order the "007 Insert title" Greg Williams photo book.

This will be a definite purchase for me!!!
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Amusing that they call it a controlled explosion.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

To be fair this was to be expected. As I said on the other thread? I wish the crew member involved a speedy recovery.

What model of Land cruiser is on the photo? Seems like old Cruiser 100 or 105. If this is true and knowing that filmmakers are using Aston Martin V8 Vantage III then, I think, we can actually get some scenes from the past as two models are quite old and not developing now by its companies.

Then there's the more modern Range Rover(s) too. Funny how there's a bit of new and old in this film production so far.

71152330.jpg?imageId=71152330&width=1024&height=615
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Really, really odd that they'd use that particular Aston Martin. How would it fit narrative wise. Any ideias?

Maybe this scene will be in the past?..

In the reboot universe, Kara did not exist. ;)
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Then there's the more modern Range Rover(s) too. Funny how there's a bit of new and old in this film production so far.

Maybe they shoot different scenes from past and present. Don't know why, but I have the feeling that Bond 25 will have some important flashbacks and non-linear storytelling.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    echo wrote: »
    Really, really odd that they'd use that particular Aston Martin. How would it fit narrative wise. Any ideias?

Maybe this scene will be in the past?..

In the reboot universe, Kara did not exist. ;)

giphy.gif

Maybe they shoot different scenes from past and present. Don't know why, but I have the feeling that Bond 25 will have some important flashbacks and non-linear storytelling.

Who knows? The fact that we can't make out much from what we've seen so far is interesting.