No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2019 Posts: 4,619
    jake24 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So those scenes with Craig and wright we saw are about halfway in the movie. Hmmm. Bond is still relaxing halfway in.
    First half of the movie: Bond relaxing in Jamaica, then Bond going to Cuba, then Bond going back to Jamaica, before leaving the Caribbean + scenes with MI6 gang in London + Norway flashback.

Second half of the movie: Bond in the UK, then finale in Matera.
    Clapperboards refute much of this. Stop being such a know it all.
    Instead of being snarky, why won't you elaborate on your first sentence?
    Seriously, the clapperboards we have seen so far not only do NOT refute much of what I wrote, they support 100% what I wrote. Also, I don't know why you are being so hostile.
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.
    You really think they tried to get Lupita Nyong'o for a supporting role?

I don't buy it.
    Yes, absolutely. Not only a supporting role, but a very small supporting role. Just look at how small Monica Bellucci's part was in Spectre.
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.
    You really think they tried to get Lupita Nyong'o for a supporting role?

I don't buy it.

As for script rewrites: not a surprise tbh. A lot of big movies have a script evolve while filming including Bond movies.
    Why not? Lupita Nyong'o is hardly an A-lister yet. Sure, she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 2014 and appeared in Jordan Peele's Us, but I'm struggling to think of many other movies she's headlined after her big Oscar win. Besides, an Oscar doesn't guarantee you a big role. Just ask Jean Jujardin, Mo’Nique and Roberto Denigni to name but a few. As you said yourself, the script is evolving and the producers might have decided to reduce her role greatly since Lupita Nyong'o pulled out of talks. Anything's possible until we know more. But maybe @PanchitoPistoles is right.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Lupita Nyong'o was in two small films called Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. They might have played at your local theater.
    Yes, absolutely. Not only a supporting role, but a very small supporting role. Just look at how small Monica Bellucci's part was in Spectre.
    Not comparable, Panchito.

Bellucci was not in her prime fame in 2015. Lupita is a recent Oscar winner, was in an event comic book film and was just the lead of a high grossing event horror movie.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Do people think she will have a small role or want her to have a small role? There is a difference.

Stop presenting opinion as fact.
    Yes, but she wasn't a leading actress in those @HildebrandRarity. Remind me again, did we actually see her in the flesh or was she totally CGI'd?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Lupita Nyong'o was in two small films called Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. They might have played at your local theater.
    With a small supporting role as a completely CGI'd character.

You've activated @bondsum's trap card!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Do people think she will have a small role or want her to have a small role? There is a difference.

Stop presenting opinion as fact.
    Exactly.

I personally wanted De Armas as a lead Bond girl.

But the fact is, they were going after a hot commodity for the part that Lynch is presumably now playing, so I'm not sure how that translates into small role.

I mean think about guys, why was only Lupita Nyong'o reported by the trades out of the Bond girls? It has to be a significant role.
    Rewrites @FrankXavier. You said it yourself. There was even something reported on these threads that Fukunaga wanted to cast De Armas but felt the script wasn't right for her until Phoebe Waller-Bridge came on-board with her own revisions. Read into that what you will, but it hints that her character has undergone some fundamental changes since Scott Z. Burns draft/script and Fukunaga's own work. How much more screen time she's been given nobody knows right now. Also, what about Léa Seydoux? Isn't she the leading actress in this movie, or are some of you hoping she takes a backseat throughout the entire movie? To paraphrase @Denbigh: Do people think she will have a small role or want her to have a small role? There is a difference.
    I hope Madeline betrays Bond and he shoots her point blank like he did Elektra.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I'm just glad they started filming. I find these title/cast reveals to be kind of cheesy. I wish they would do panels during the filming so we can more than just vague answers or feelings about a particular role, or coming back or what's different this time, etc.
    I suspect Léa Seydoux will get a call from EON very soon. :))
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    jake24 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Naomie Harris is still in Jamaica... Mmmm...
    She confirmed she wouldn't have any scenes there.

I wouldn't trust the actors that much ;)

Oh great, emojis are back :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I say this is utter nonsense look at your own risk potential spoilers can't get the spoiler tag on
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Also Lazenby will star as a former 00 (now retired to Mars because reasons) to confirm the codename theory.

Trust me, I just know. Sorry if I forgot the spoiler tag.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Also Lazenby will star as a former 00 (now retired to Mars because reasons) to confirm the codename theory.

Trust me, I just know. Sorry if I forgot the spoiler tag.

@Walecs very funny
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    @tqb Once again, the script will be the weakest point of the movie. What’s so difficult about NOT announcing the release date of the next Bond film before they have a more or less finished script?
    NicNac wrote: »
    Bond, Vesper,M, Leiter, Mathis, Valenka, White, Dimitrios, Solange, Mollaka, Villiers, the African terrorist chap, Carlos, even Mendel has a bigger role than Estrella.
    Mollaka? Valenka?? You must be joking! Those were TINY roles, certainly not bigger than Estrella’s! You just proved my point: some of the 13 actors announced for Cary Fukunaga’s Untitled Event Film will be in and out of the movie in 1-2 minutes.

Boring.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    B25 title track?
    Title confirmed: Track.

:)

La Vie On Jamaïca.

When Bonds sees Felix in the distance, they'll play "I've Seen That Face Before".
  • echoecho 007 in New York

@DeerAtTheGates I wouldn't pay any attention to jamesbondlive's tweets. They have been more often wrong than right.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lynch was grouped with Craig and Fukunaga in the interviews for a reason...
    echo wrote: »

@DeerAtTheGates I wouldn't pay any attention to jamesbondlive's tweets. They have been more often wrong than right.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lynch was grouped with Craig and Fukunaga in the interviews for a reason...

Let him troll.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    B25 title track?
    Title confirmed: Track.

:)

La Vie On Jamaïca.

When Bonds sees Felix in the distance, they'll play "I've Seen That Face Before".
    Sam Smith's return confirmed, too!

Oh man, Fleming purists are going to hate this. =))
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677

Only thing that could really put me off the film. Really. For me it was the worst about SP, and that says a lot, doesn't it?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Univex wrote: »

Only thing that could really put me off the film. Really. For me it was the worst about SP, and that says a lot, doesn't it?
    The writing's on the wall. ;)
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Univex wrote: »

The writing's on the wall. ;)

@ClarkDevlin "No the rest of him" ;)
    Love the Q Bond scene in Goldeneye
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Some new on set photos. I've not directly posted the photos in case it's considered a spoiler. Enjoy :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Some new on set photos. I've not directly posted the photos in case it's considered a spoiler. Enjoy :D
    Awesome photos!!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If Smith is back I'll need to bring my ear plugs for the main titles.

I don't care what anyone says it's the worst theme of the series, totally inappropriate and even with the element of the plot the lyrics are referring to, the element isn't strong enough to justify that weepy love song.

I hate it.
    Fantastic photos. Really loving absolutely everything about what I’m seeing from these set pics so far! 😁
    Love those photos!! :D
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Intresting enough for B-roll/Craig rail.