No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel It would be a real shame if we didn’t have a proper femme-fatale in Craig’s era. I think it would be good for de Armas if she had a role that felt a lot different to her role as Joi in Blade Runner 2049, plus Paloma would be a cool name for a more modern Fiona Volpe.
    Technically, we did get Valenka in CR as a femme fatale, but it was a very small role. I’ve been championing the idea of a female villain for a while. Minor or major, it doesn’t matter to me as long as it’s substantial and well done.
    A woman is going to turn on Bond it’s either Armas or lea.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    A woman is going to turn on Bond it’s either Armas or lea.

Or both? :-?
    tqb wrote: »
    Léa Seydoux : “I do not have the right to speak about it, I read a scene of the film, the script is in perpetual change”

https://amp-madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/lea-seydoux-entre-daniel-craig-et-moi-cest-vrai-que-ca-matche-james-bond-roubaix-une-lumiere-festival-de-cannes-260419-164895

Argh . . . come on now, EON!
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 12,837
    tqb wrote: »
    Léa Seydoux : “I do not have the right to speak about it, I read a scene of the film, the script is in perpetual change”

https://amp-madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/lea-seydoux-entre-daniel-craig-et-moi-cest-vrai-que-ca-matche-james-bond-roubaix-une-lumiere-festival-de-cannes-260419-164895

Not loving the sound of that. I know they had trouble writing SP but at least they had an idea of where they were going with it fairly early on and had Purvis and Wade's version locked and ready before filming (the leaked one I skimmed was more or less exactly the same as the finished film).

This sounds to me like it could be a QoS situation, them literally writing it as they're filming it. Doesn't help that they seemed to be going for a completely different film with the Boyle version before scrapping it and going back to this one. At least with SP, troubled as it was, they had a basic idea of where to go with it from the start (Blofeld, Spectre) and the bones of the finished film ready way before shooting (started off quite different, with the African warlord stuff, but iirc that was scrapped a while before and they were on their way to what we got in SP way before the Purvis and Wade draft, whereas Bond 25 seems to have had a completely different story not that long ago). Not having a title yet doesn't fill me with hope either.

I really hope that Pheobe Waller Bridge has just been bought in to play with the dialogue a bit, and that otherwise the script is pretty much fine. Rushing out a film that doesn't have a story for the sake of doing it before DC is too old would be a bad move imo, and sort of goes against the whole "going out on a high" idea that seemed to have lured him back in the first place. I know we've all, myself included, been bitching about how long this film has taken, but for all my moaning I still would've rather another delay than them going ahead with a script that isn't ready.

Guess we'll see anyway, but I'm feeling a bit more skeptical now (bet that'll change as soon as the trailer drops though).
    I’m not worried about the script news. It comes as no surprise and doesn’t deter my excitement. If we get a repeat of QoS in quality, I’ll personally be pleased.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited May 2019 Posts: 524
    I'll post this here, because it's not really filming per say (more script-related), but MI6-HQ had some very interesting comments about the story and the PTS

BEWARE: SPOILERS!
    ??? I wonder what that could be..
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m not worried about the script news. It comes as no surprise and doesn’t deter my excitement. If we get a repeat of QoS in quality, I’ll personally be pleased.

Same. QoS is much more solid than SP.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Fairly certain Wright will only be around for the opening before getting killed off.

A clapperboard shows scene 78, when they were filming his scenes. That's more than half way through the movie.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Let me guess, Madeleine was once involved with Vesper. ;)
    ??? I wonder what that could be..

Lynd and Swann are stepsisters =0
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Guys, you tend to presume that the Seydoux interview took place this week. It could have been done two or three weeks ago, at a time Burns had just finished working on the rewrites and Waller-Bridge was starting. It doesn't mean in anyway that they're frenetically pushing rewrites now. Besides, the interview states that she's busy with another project, The Story of My Wife, and she may have not a lot of time to follow what state the script is in, besides her own scenes.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,980
    I'll post this here, because it's not really filming per say (more script-related), but MI6-HQ had some very interesting comments about the story and the PTS

Oh god, they're sisters.

These sorts of tweets bother me sometimes - either tell us what you know or don't, otherwise it turns into a bit of "I know something you don't know."
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

I think that happened once in a dream.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    echo wrote: »
    Oh god, they're sisters.
    Hahahaha, no way. Vesper Lynd Swann? :D I'm sure they won't do this kind of childish plot twist
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I think that happened once in a dream.
    They only live twice. ;)
    echo wrote: »

Oh god, they're sisters.
    That's ludicrous speculation, considering how CR ended in Venice.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Could this confirm Craig visiting an “old flame” with Swann, Vesper’s grave?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,496

Maybe Blofeld drilling into Bond's brain did some late onset damage after all.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Could this confirm Craig visiting an “old flame” with Swann, Vesper’s grave?

If they're still together after the events of SP, and her having witnessed brothergate, Swann might insist Bond actually deal with all he's been through, including visiting Vesper's grave.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.

@DeerAtTheGates I wouldn't pay any attention to jamesbondlive's tweets. They have been more often wrong than right.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Naomie Harris is still in Jamaica... Mmmm...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Naomie Harris is still in Jamaica... Mmmm...
    She confirmed she wouldn't have any scenes there.
    So those scenes with Craig and wright we saw are about halfway in the movie. Hmmm. Bond is still relaxing halfway in.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,619
    So those scenes with Craig and wright we saw are about halfway in the movie. Hmmm. Bond is still relaxing halfway in.
    First half of the movie: Bond relaxing in Jamaica, then Bond going to Cuba, then Bond going back to Jamaica, before leaving the Caribbean + scenes with MI6 gang in London + Norway flashback.

Second half of the movie: Bond in the UK, then finale in Matera.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    First half of the movie: Bond relaxing in Jamaica, then Bond going to Cuba, then Bond going back to Jamaica, before leaving the Caribbean + scenes with MI6 gang in London + Norway flashback.

Second half of the movie: Bond in the UK, then finale in Matera.
    Clapperboards refute much of this. Stop being such a know it all.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 677
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.
    You really think they tried to get Lupita Nyong'o for a supporting role?

I don't buy it.

As for script rewrites: not a surprise tbh. A lot of big movies have a script evolve while filming including Bond movies.

Those scenes - or at least some of them - are suppose to be in Cuba.