No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I'm surprised by the lack of news by the Jamaican media/journalist. There was good local cover for Spectre and even Norway for B25, but by now Jamaican media seems to haven't take and publiate a single photo.
    Nah gawan
    Sadly, I don't think we're going to get an exclusive every day @moneyofpropre2. My guess is that the press have been given certain access to some of the shooting going on over there. Or it could be a simple case of giving some actors a day of rest.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I don't know how politics in Jamaica work, but since the shoot has been heavily sponsored, endorsed and authorised by the Jamaican government, could it be possible that that gives another level of security? That the government actively tries to keep journalists away, because they want people to see the finished product ("Look how beautiful Jamaica is!") and not the magic behind the curtain?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Is that Quarrel Junior Jr on the left?

Maybe Lashana Lynch is playing Nomi Quarrel in B25? :P
    I'm surprised by the lack of news by the Jamaican media/journalist. There was good local cover for Spectre and even Norway for B25, but by now Jamaican media seems to haven't take and publiate a single photo.

It's a tricky one. Would you rather the somnambulent Jamaican press, or the hyperactive Italian press?
    Not tricky, the choice is obvious : the italian one. Italian press cover of Spectre was awesome.
    octofinger wrote: »

It's a tricky one. Would you rather the somnambulent Jamaican press, or the hyperactive Italian press?

giphy.gif
    Fair enough, but their coverage of developments in Matera has been absolutely bonkers...
    Does anyone know until when they are filming in Jamaica? And what is the next location? Italy or London?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    Does anyone know until when they are filming in Jamaica? And what is the next location? Italy or London?

London.

Video:
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I believe there was a comment made they would be in Jamaica until late May.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I believe there was a comment made they would be in Jamaica until late May.

Well, I would not mind staying there for some time either. ;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Looks like the Caribbeans tropical landscape will feature a lot. Exciting. Plus, Matera's rocky nature and ancient architecture will guarantee another exciting, unique look and feeling. 100% Bond.
  • manovermanover uk
    Do we know if they will be filming again in norway?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    manover wrote: »
    Do we know if they will be filming again in norway?

I'm sure that's done. Even Malek was there already.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677
    matt_u wrote: »
    Looks like the Caribbeans tropical landscape will feature a lot. Exciting. Plus, Matera's rocky nature and ancient architecture will guarantee another exciting, unique look and feeling. 100% Bond.
    Indeed, Mr. Roark, quite excited by that.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I wonder if we'll have to wait until we get a trailer until we get a name? Like we did with Rise of Skywalker and Endgame?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I would love them to be able to keep it secret until the trailer and than at the end of the teaser, Bond theme blasts then bang reveal the title.
    Although as a fan, to keep the excitement going, I'd rather them have a teaser for the title on the website or the official twitter. It gives us something else to look forward to
    Univex wrote: »

;)

Did we figured out if the movie will open in Matera or in Jamaica? Because the PTS has been reported to feature Matera, but BB said that in the beginning of the movie we will find Bond enjoying life in Jamaica. A PTS without Bond, perhaps. Feels like a Chris Nolan "Batman" prologue situation.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I would love them to be able to keep it secret until the trailer and than at the end of the teaser, Bond theme blasts then bang reveal the title.

Actually this feels like a strong option. Disney did the same with both Endgame and The Rise of Skywalker. Imagine revealing the presence of Blofeld by the end of the teaser directly followed by the title reveal, just like Lucasfilm handled the shocking presence of the Emperor in the upcoming Star Wars movie. As a Bond fan would be mind blowing.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

;)

Did we figured out if the movie will open in Matera or in Jamaica? Because the PTS has been reported to feature Matera, but BB said that in the beginning of the movie we will find Bond enjoying life in Jamaica. A PTS without Bond, perhaps. Feels like a Chris Nolan "Batman" prologue situation.
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Actually this feels like a strong option. Disney did the same with both Endgame and The Rise of Skywalker. Imagine revealing the presence of Blofeld by the end of the teaser directly followed by the title reveal, just like Lucasfilm handled the shocking presence of the Emperor in the upcoming Star Wars movie. As a Bond fan would be mind blowing.

Regarding the idea for a teaser/title, I agree that’d be amazing!

;)

Well, to be fair, Bond had done it way before Nolan. Dr. No and FRWL spring to mind, although in FRWL he was a double.

;)

Well, to be fair, Bond had done it way before Nolan. Dr. No and FRWL spring to mind, although in FRWL he was a double.

Yes, exactly. 007 mostly has always been the first. But I mean, I was thinking about a situation where the villain is established in a prologue that really sets the upcoming events. Wasn't TDKR airplane prologue about a kidnap of a scientist? :)
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677

;)

Yes, exactly. 007 mostly has always been the first. But I mean, I was thinking about a situation where the villain is established in a prologue that really sets the upcoming events. Wasn't TDKR airplane prologue about a kidnap of a scientist? :)

Yes, it sure was. I'm more partial to a Bond centred stylish opening before the titles roll. But hey, if they can pull a villainous one, that as you say establishes the villain as a true menace, then I'm all for it. I just hope they don't do a gimmick and have another 007 do an action scene only to be revealed as not James Bond - cue titles. That would really be quite awful, IMO.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,343

;)

Yes, it sure was. I'm more partial to a Bond centred stylish opening before the titles roll. But hey, if they can pull a villainous one, that as you say establishes the villain as a true menace, then I'm all for it. I just hope they don't do a gimmick and have another 007 do an action scene only to be revealed as not James Bond - cue titles. That would really be quite awful, IMO.

Look my friend, as for now I don't see a classic Bond centric action packed PTS directly followed by James chilling, smoking, fishing and sailing peacefully in Jamaica. I'm more inclined to believe that something bad happens in the PTS and then this events will lead to Felix knocking at Bond's property for "help". We'll see. Pretty curious about how Madeleine aka "the reason to quit" will fit in all this.

EDIT: sorry, nowadays no more cigars.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I think they can be cigars - whether there will be, I don't know. But it would be allowed; yes.
    Zekidk wrote: »

Love this, but this could be a night off for Cary? I'd have thought that all interiors would be shot at Pinewood?
    Matt wrote: »

Love this, but this could be a night off for Cary? I'd have thought that all interiors would be shot at Pinewood?

If a location can provide a great interior in situ, then that's great and sometimes easier and cheaper than recreating something similar on a stage. LIke the bar in DN for example, it has the perfect feel and easy to pack out with locals for the scenes, so it really is authentic. My guess is the photo is one such location.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »

If a location can provide a great interior in situ, then that's great and sometimes easier and cheaper than recreating something similar on a stage. LIke the bar in DN for example, it has the perfect feel and easy to pack out with locals for the scenes, so it really is authentic. My guess is the photo is one such location.

Either that or they're just enjoying themselves, which is a win win!