No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    There’s some pretty hot black actresses and they chose her? If Bond ends up with her I will walk out of the theater. She’s not even remotely attractive. He leaves the service for Madeline. Ana is a total bombshell! That girl looks like a guy. Don’t screw this up EON!!

🤣bro.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It's now confirmed that Lashana Lynch will play Nomi - she posted the news on Instagram.

Is there something I'm missing with Lashana Lynch? Her casting is a real headscratchier for me....

I'll confess I've only seen her in interviews and she seems charming. But is she a seriously talented actress? Because she only has a few credits but somehow got the attention of Marvel and Bond. So she must have something. Right?

This was clearly the role they sought Lupita Nyong'o for.....but something about Lynch seems a little off.

I'm fairly confident she's a capable actress @Pierce2Daniel. I might come off as shallow, but what I'm skeptical about is her look. Maybe it is because of her clothes (can't get over unflattering they are), but she comes off as rather plain and unsexy as a Bond girl. I thought the presenter looked hotter and more glamorous than her!

I think many are probably thinking the same thing. It seems likely that she's going to be playing a British agent and I doubt there's going to be a romantic relationship - the age gap kind of precludes it anyway. So I think this is going to be about a younger agent rubbing up against a seasoned pro and some steep learning for the rooky. She seems quite confident and assertive - hopefully she successfully mixes that with some more easy charm on screen.
    I kinda hope Bond beds at least two Bond girls. And I've been hoping for a black Bond girl that has proper development and screen time. We haven't been lucky with them: a ditz, a sexually neutral muscle woman, a Bond copy... There was Eve, but becoming Moneypenny she quickly went into the platonic territory.

My bet/wish regarding Madeleine is that she leaves him when Leiter comes and Bond accepts the job. Then he is free as a bird.

I still reckon Mads might be working for the family firm and betray Jimmy B.

Mads? :-D

giphy.gif
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    It's now confirmed that Lashana Lynch will play Nomi - she posted the news on Instagram.

Is there something I'm missing with Lashana Lynch? Her casting is a real headscratchier for me....

I'll confess I've only seen her in interviews and she seems charming. But is she a seriously talented actress? Because she only has a few credits but somehow got the attention of Marvel and Bond. So she must have something. Right?

This was clearly the role they sought Lupita Nyong'o for.....but something about Lynch seems a little off.

I'm fairly confident she's a capable actress @Pierce2Daniel. I might come off as shallow, but what I'm skeptical about is her look. Maybe it is because of her clothes (can't get over unflattering they are), but she comes off as rather plain and unsexy as a Bond girl. I thought the presenter looked hotter and more glamorous than her!

I think many are probably thinking the same thing. It seems likely that she's going to be playing a British agent and I doubt there's going to be a romantic relationship - the age gap kind of precludes it anyway. So I think this is going to be about a younger agent rubbing up against a seasoned pro and some steep learning for the rooky. She seems quite confident and assertive - hopefully she successfully mixes that with some more easy charm on screen.
    I kinda hope Bond beds at least two Bond girls. And I've been hoping for a black Bond girl that has proper development and screen time. We haven't been lucky with them: a ditz, a sexually neutral muscle woman, a Bond copy... There was Eve, but becoming Moneypenny she quickly went into the platonic territory.

My bet/wish regarding Madeleine is that she leaves him when Leiter comes and Bond accepts the job. Then he is free as a bird.

What if MI6 or the CIA somehow recruits her? After all she may have useful information and knows how to handle a gun. Maybe she even pairs with Bond for the job, although the later would have to cheat on her along the course (maybe with Paloma).

It could be an Icebraker (John Gardner) scenario...
    where the girl who had nothing to do with the business ended up as an enemy agent and then revealed to be an undercover Israeli spy. Paula Vacker, you know.
    There’s some pretty hot black actresses and they chose her? If Bond ends up with her I will walk out of the theater. She’s not even remotely attractive. He leaves the service for Madeline. Ana is a total bombshell! That girl looks like a guy. Don’t screw this up EON!!

She looks kinda pretty with long hair, but yep, that haircut doesn't look good on her.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering

giphy.gif

nah the other Mads and just to show that they are not the same person.... :P

tumblr_pfdh53Bz911t26pzho1_1280.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

giphy.gif

The Recurring Number.
    leas_mole wrote: »

giphy.gif

nah the other Mads and just to show that they are not the same person.... :P

tumblr_pfdh53Bz911t26pzho1_1280.jpg

Have they been in a movie together?
    QBranch wrote: »

giphy.gif

The Recurring Number.

Yes!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Bond will not bed Armas, nor Lynch.

Sad Bond…

2013-04-02-06-52-52-pm.jpg
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Sad Bond…

2013-04-02-06-52-52-pm.jpg

🤣👌
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    They will be in Death Stranding the video game created by Hideo Kojima (who is in the middle) - sorry for the slight OT
  • kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    Back to the Horse crap article about Craig being "difficult"...well it's spreading. Gotta love the media train..

I do not see any substance, as people just want a reason to hate this franchise.
    They will be in Death Stranding the video game created by Hideo Kojima (who is in the middle) - sorry for the slight OT

Ah, didn't know they've provided voices for video games. Thanks for the info!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 677
    Not just voices, motion capture as well. The characters in the game look like the actors pretty much.

Anyway, yeah I agree about Bond not bedding De Armas and Lynch.

BTW did anyone notice Eva Green's official instagram account follows the 007 account? She's even been liking some of the new announcement pictures. So sweet.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

@Torgeirtrap Not just voices, character models as well. Check out the trailer:
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Not just voices, motion capture as well. The characters in the game look like the actors pretty much.

That's even better. Incredible what they can do these days!
    BTW did anyone notice Eva Green's official instagram account follows the 007 account? She's even been liking some of the new announcement pictures. So sweet.

She's a proper "brand ambassador". Hope they'll have her host a Bond special or something similar at some point.

@Torgeirtrap Not just voices, character models as well. Check out the trailer:

That looks fantastic!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Re the rumour/nonsense/truth (take your pick) about the crew detesting Craig... I did watch the GMA clip when Daniel mentions the impact the role has had on him and I noticed Naomi Harris body movement moves away from Craig. It does look like not wanting to be near Craig. It's at 1:19 - 1:21 mark

Her body language looks indifferent to Craig's comment. She is clearly leaning to her left away from Craig. When he says "most of it for the better, for sure," she is clearly looking down and that is classic "dismissal/disinterest" body langugage, like "yeah, whatever Craig." I'd put money she doesn't like him that much.

It's possible some people on the cast/crew don't like Craig. I'm sure that was true of Brosnan or other Bonds. Babs and MG never told Brosnan he was not wanted back directly to his face - just via a phone call. Look at George Lazenby. He claimed Peter Hunt never spoke to him!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 2,436
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Re the rumour/nonsense/truth (take your pick) about the crew detesting Craig... I did watch the GMA clip when Daniel mentions the impact the role has had on him and I noticed Naomi Harris body movement moves away from Craig. It does look like not wanting to be near Craig. It's at 1:19 - 1:21 mark

Her body language looks indifferent to Craig's comment. She is clearly leaning to her left away from Craig. When he says "most of it for the better, for sure," she is clearly looking down and that is classic "dismissal/disinterest" body langugage, like "yeah, whatever Craig." I'd put money she doesn't like him that much.

It's possible some people on the cast/crew don't like Craig. I'm sure that was true of Brosnan or other Bonds. Babs and MG never told Brosnan he was not wanted back directly to his face - just via a phone call. Look at George Lazenby. He claimed Peter Hunt never spoke to him!

They're people. People fall out/don't like each other. I'm sure it's inevitable that on film sets people often don't like each other, don't get on or just simply wouldn't associate socially with people they have to work with. That's just life. I like the Bond films and it would be great to think that everyone working on a Bond film is everyone's best mate, but it's probably not so just as it isn't in other areas of life. It's pretty low though to go digging for stories to expose something.

I must be missing what you're seeing. At 1:19-1:21 all Harris does is continue looking him and blink!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    You people are insane if you think Naomie Harris doesn't like Daniel freaking Craig. Just saw another interview with her for Bond 25 where shes saying shes so happy Daniel is back.
  • You people are insane if you think Naomie Harris doesn't like Daniel freaking Craig. Just saw another interview with her for Bond 25 where shes saying shes so happy Daniel is back.

Agreed.
  • kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    You people are insane if you think Naomie Harris doesn't like Daniel freaking Craig. Just saw another interview with her for Bond 25 where shes saying shes so happy Daniel is back.

Agreed.

Totally Agree. Looking into it way too much.
  • manovermanover uk
    Some people have too much time on their hands methinks!

Yawn
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Now you may have. PHD in psychiatry or, if there is such a thing , body language I’m curious, what’s your expertise in this area?

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,962
    I don't think Bond will bed or seduce anyone else in this film other than Madeleine.

If she dies in the film, and Bond ends up having sex with another girl, I feel that would be too disrespectful of Bond to do.
    Forget that. The metoo movement will ensure that Bond goes sexless here. Bond should just shag his way through each mission. Alas that’s not allowed anymore. It’s so surprising that Babs would be so onboard with the metoo nonsense, considering she heads a series where the hero is basically a serial womanizer. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s who Bond is. It’s part of his DNA. Even funnier seeing Michael nodding his head as Babs mentions metoo LOL! The poor guy is probably thinking “what’s Bond coming to?”

Concern overblown. You can sleep with a lot of women without being sexist. See George Clooney back in the day.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's beyond ridiculous. Harris talks up Craig in practically every Bond-related interview she's done since 2012.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    ...and if your love of this franchise depends on how many women he sleeps with, then you really need to rethink some things.

The mention of #MeToo (although brought up by the media) and the hiring of Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just a neccesary progression in making sure female characters are written better than they have been. There's no political motive here, just that women should get as much depth and as much respect in their conception and writing as men should. That's all.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,962

I suggested Madeleine as a "hidden" bad guy a long while ago...it might be the best way to go with the character at this point. But nah, I'll bet she gets killed off early.

I do hope Lynch is playing 008 or the long-rumored protege, and not the new 007. Because Bond reclaiming the 007 number from a black woman would be, um, awkward, to say the least.
  • kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ...and if your love of this franchise depends on how many women he sleeps with, then you really need to rethink some things.

The mention of #MeToo (although brought up by the media) and the hiring of Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just a neccesary progression in making sure female characters are written better than they have been. There's no political motive here, just that women should get as much depth and as much respect in their conception and writing as men should. That's all.

I think it is a good progression too. The women will have more influence, and more realistic roles. It's not like they are going to have all transgender actors that lecture Bond on what not to do or anything..
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    One of the reasons some of us like the cinematic Bond is because of his Casanova personality. One of his traits is that he knows how to get women. The film doesn’t have to make him sleep with one every five minutes. Just don’t make him some uninteresting and pedestrian celibate. There are a lot of other franchises for that, including the Bourne series. If you want to take Bond’s womanizing trait away, you’re deconstructing him. In fact, Bond should up his game after we’re done with the Madeleine angle. He’s first and foremost a suave ladies man.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    By the way, I was rewatching an interview with Ana de Armas, Lea Seydoux and Naomie Harris and they mentioned some things which I found interesting.

Firstly, Ana mentioned "filming in Jamaica and London", before revealing she's not sure where else, so maybe her filming is limited to those locations.

Lea Seydoux revealed she's looking forward to "explore Madeleine" (I'm looking at you Norway sequence), and finally...

Naomie Harris revealed that, "Quite a lot of time has past since Spectre, by the time the film is released it'll be five years, half a decade, Moneypenny has grown up somewhat and still has that soft spot for Bond. That's never gonna go, but she's an independant woman with her own life." and she feels as though "the making of Bond 25 is like a rebirth, there'll be a completely new energy in this film."

Loving what I'm hearing. Here's the video if you wanna hear for yourself.