No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 30
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Lizo wrote: »

Asked Barbara if David Arnold might return, she said they didn’t have any composer news for us right now, which could mean anything I guess.

Lizo.

You're my hero for this alone, @Lizo. Cheers for asking, and for all your work covering Bond!

No problem @AgentM72, am lucky to have a job that lets me do this kind of thing.

And am a huge David Arnold fan, going back to a film he did called The Young Americans, and Surrender is the best Bond song that never was!
    Forgive me if this was already posted:

Broccoli is not thinking about the next 007. She wants Craig as long as possible:

https://apnews.com/eb5f7252a1a246dfa941e0c5e3d4a974?utm_medium=APEntertainment&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Asked Barbara if David Arnold might return, she said they didn’t have any composer news for us right now, which could mean anything I guess.

Lizo.

You're my hero for this alone, @Lizo. Cheers for asking, and for all your work covering Bond!

No problem @AgentM72, am lucky to have a job that lets me do this kind of thing.

And am a huge David Arnold fan, going back to a film he did called The Young Americans, and Surrender is the best Bond song that never was!

Damn right it is! Along with his QOS theme with Dame Bassey.

Good to have you here, Lizo. And thanks for everything.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Forgive me if this was already posted:

Broccoli is not thinking about the next 007. She wants Craig as long as possible:

https://apnews.com/eb5f7252a1a246dfa941e0c5e3d4a974?utm_medium=APEntertainment&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

She doesn't say she wants Craig as long as possible, They just want to completely focus on this movie and not think about the next bond right now.
    Wondering if Ana de Armas will be a brunette or a blonde in the movie.

No lie, I kinda wish she was a main Bond girl a la Anya Amasova but it's clear she's gonna share screentime with Lashana and Lea.

Still, she's a great get. Fingers crossed she and Lashana are given memorable characters.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    IF Waltz returns as Blofeld (and I really hope this rumor is not true) Bond should kill him in the first 30 seconds of the PTS. Or even better with his Gun Barrel shot. Job done - let‘s leave SPECTRE behind and head for a new Bond mission.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TR007 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bOHPm4zWkIw

New source, but here's Craig talking to E.T. about whether or not it's his last movie.
    @jake24

"This is going to be my last one I think. I think I've done enough. People are going to get sick of the sight of me, and so someone else should have a go."

(Sorry I couldn't embed the video.

Key words, “ I think’, this provides wiggle room.

Lizo.

We're together on that one. I'll owe you a drink the next time I'm in London.

talos7 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bOHPm4zWkIw

New source, but here's Craig talking to E.T. about whether or not it's his last movie.
    @jake24

"This is going to be my last one I think. I think I've done enough. People are going to get sick of the sight of me, and so someone else should have a go."

(Sorry I couldn't embed the video.

Key words, “ I think’, this provides wiggle room.

Absolutely. There is room to argue about whether they have drawn a line in the sand or not but this really is the first time before at this early stage in production where Craig and the press have both been rather vocal about the finality of his tenure which is interesting.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    3c5860a0aa1ceca4edaba9e3df315cf6.jpg
    David Dencik with Mads Mikkelsen

McMafia-1179326.jpg
    David Dencik

Ana De Armas:

ana-de-armas-campari.jpg?crop=0px%2C99px%2C950px%2C535px&resize=1000%2C563
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

fanbond123 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that Lizo chap got the wrong information.
    Univex wrote: »
    Well, Lizo's there, and he's quite reliable. But maybe he was miss informed by EON, to keep the secrecy until 0 hour.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    If the title is revealed - fingers crossed - Lizo is gonna look a bit silly. It's easy to believe stuff online, it's hard to filter out the facts from the fiction.
    manover wrote: »
    That journo is reliable.
    Not to worry about title reveal..production is starting and hopefully main cast is set.

In some ways wish I had been wrong and that we did get a title :-(
    Felt very lucky to be here in Jamaica. Daniel and everyone were charming as ever, and seemed genuinely excited to get started.

Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson were on great form too.

She also said Shatterhand and Eclipse were never any of their names, I asked where she thought they came from, and she shrugged and said something like ‘the ether?’.

Glad it’s all out in the open now, been frustrating for past month seeing so many things floating about that couldn’t correct - it’ll be a GMB exclusive, there’ll be a launch in Italy, there’s a Pinewood press conference on Thursday, they’ll do the cast reveal at GoldenEye (oh, that one turned out to be true!)

Anyway, great seeing so many enthusiastic people on here!

Lizo.

Thank you @Lizo , you're amazing! :D
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Now that you guys mentioned it, the plot details do sound a bit like GoldenEye. My problem is the way it is written is kinda first-draft-ish. Like the rough/vague first ideas they got and then started developing a story from there.

That said, since the details in the synopsis are vague it can definitely surprise me in wonderful ways.

A kidnapped scientist -- could be like a Boris Grishenko type except this time he is an unwilling participant.

A villain with a dangerous new technology -- could be a GoldenEye satellite type of weapon. This is a good thing because we're back to a large-scale, immediate threat.

And there's obviously the personal component -- in GoldenEye it was Ourumov that motivated Bond the most to the mission, this time maybe it has something to do wit SPECTRE or Blofeld.
    Now that you guys mentioned it, the plot details do sound a bit like GoldenEye. My problem is the way it is written is kinda first-draft-ish. Like the rough/vague first ideas they got and then started developing a story from there.

That said, since the details in the synopsis are vague it can definitely surprise me in wonderful ways.

A kidnapped scientist -- could be like a Boris Grishenko type except this time he is an unwilling participant.

A villain with a dangerous new technology -- could be a GoldenEye satellite type of weapon. This is a good thing because we're back to a large-scale, immediate threat.

And there's obviously the personal component -- in GoldenEye it was Ourumov that motivated Bond the most to the mission, this time maybe it has something to do wit SPECTRE or Blofeld.

Here's my prediction.....

The PTS will serve as introduction to Rami Malek's character. Fukunaga has already confirmed that Malek was filming those sequences. I anticipate that Malek has come to Norway to kidnap the scientist. However, the scientist's daughter causes a commotion and there is a chase on the lake.

After the MTS - we cut to Jamaica where Bond meets Felix who asks him to do an "off the books" job to get the scientist back because the US government need him. Perhaps, Felix comes to Bond because Magnussen's CIA character puts the kibosh on the idea being done through the CIA but Leiter wants to circumvent him.

Would this rule out the idea of a flashback connected to Madeleine's past?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,043
    More than happy with what has been released so far.

They'll reveal the title when they are good and ready and this could be they don't feel they want to reveal it at this point and only when the teaser trailer arrives.

The title may well point to a plot area they don't want exposed as yet which @peter and others have suggested.

I think my favourite news of the day though is Wright back as Felix, best Felix of the series, unlike Lord and Hedison (the previous best) never comes across like a Bond lackey.

Jeffrey is the first time you feel this man is an equal to Bond and won't be mooning over his abilities. Dan & Jeffrey have great chemistry so can't wait and it sounds like it could be one of the most meaty roles for the character to date from that synopsis.

Also, the brief synopsis is intriguing, not really giving much away.

Yeah, I'm seriously excited for Daniel's swansong, already feels like this is going to be a cracker.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    ggl007 wrote: »

Haha, that would've been brilliant!

• edited April 2019 Posts: 677
    Here's my prediction.....

The PTS will serve as introduction to Rami Malek's character. Fukunaga has already confirmed that Malek was filming those sequences. I anticipate that Malek has come to Norway to kidnap the scientist. However, the scientist's daughter causes a commotion and there is a chase on the lake.

After the MTS - we cut to Jamaica where Bond meets Felix who asks him to do an "off the books" job to get the scientist back because the US government need him. Perhaps, Felix comes to Bond because Magnussen's CIA character puts the kibosh on the idea being done through the CIA but Leiter wants to circumvent him.

Would this rule out the idea of a flashback connected to Madeleine's past?
    I thought the PTS was a car chase in Matera, though? Are we thinking this isn't the case anymore?

I mean the fact that Bond is retired does suggest he won't be in active duty in the PTS. Especially if he retired right after the events of SP.

If the car chase in Matera isn't the PTS, then that does make me think there could be some truth to Bond meeting his "successor" (probably a poor choice of words) in the church... maybe the MI6 agent, played by either Lashana or Ana?

I'm also thinking if Rami is in the Norway scenes it can't be a flashback.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The title “Bond 25” had an expiration date: 25 April 2019. So I’m refusing to call this film “Bond 25” from now on.

From now on until the announcement of the official title it’s “Untitled Cary Fukunaga Event Film”.

What about Fukunaga's Incredibly Looking Movie – or it's abbreviation, FILM?

I believe it will be titled

Bond’s
    Own
    New
    Dealings

To
    Win
    Everything
    Needy
    Therein,
    You’d

Feel
    It
    Vicariously &
    Emotionally

(Or simply BOND TWENTY FIVE)
    Shardlake wrote: »
    More than happy with what has been released so far.

They'll reveal the title when they are good and ready and this could be they don't feel they want to reveal it at this point and only when the teaser trailer arrives.

The title may well point to a plot area they don't want exposed as yet which @peter and others have suggested.

I think my favourite news of the day though is Wright back Felix, best Felix of the series, unlike Lord and Hedison (the previous best) never comes across like a Bond lackey.

Jeffrey is the first time you feel this man is an equal to Bond and won't be mooning over his abilities. Dan & Jeffrey have great chemistry so can't wait and it sounds like it could be one of the most meaty roles for the character to date from that synopsis.

Also, the brief synopsis is intriguing, not really giving much away.

Yeah, I'm seriously excited for Daniel's swansong, already feels like this is going to be a cracker.

I agree with you 100%. Wright Felix is my favorite too. And I also have a pretty good feeling about the movie!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 698
    I’m just happy we got some news at least. Ana de Armas joining the cast and Jeffrey Wright alone have me excited, adding in Lashana Lynch and Rami Malek I’m excited. I just want Daniel to go out on a high note and hopefully end his tenure a lot better than the other actors did. Fingers crossed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It was a bit of an amateur hour from whoever was in charge of audio and visuals.

Those problems aside, I like the cast. The MI6 regulars are all back. Craig looks in good shape. And Ana de Armas looked stunning...

tenor.gif?itemid=4075686
    (sums up my expression when she appeared)

.. though would she have been better chosen for the next Bond, if indeed this is Craig's last.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Relieved that it's not named Eclipse..
    It is interesting to have Shatterhand and Eclipse out of the equation. I do hope they pick a Fleming title (most preferably The Property of a Lady or Risico), but I'm open to an original as well if it's good. Personally loved the title Skyfall.
    I want Icebreaker. I know it's a Gardner novel title, but the Norway frozen lake thing has me hopeful.
    Skyfall was a clever title. It linked the pre-credit sequence to the end of the movie. The reveal of what Skyfall was, was cool.
    The only two titles I don't care for from the movies are Die Another Day and Tomorrow Never Dies. Too generic. I'd rather have something unique and odd (QOS) than something generic.
    Great to hear Craig dipping into Fleming during the shoots, and the whole Goldeneye visit thing was great.
    The title “Bond 25” had an expiration date: 25 April 2019. So I’m refusing to call this film “Bond 25” from now on.

From now on until the announcement of the official title it’s “Untitled Cary Fukunaga Event Film”.

What about Fukunaga's Incredibly Looking Movie – or it's abbreviation, FILM?

I believe it will be titled

Bond’s
    Own
    New
    Dealings

To
    Win
    Everything
    Needy
    Therein,
    You’d

Feel
    It
    Vicariously &
    Emotionally

(Or simply BOND TWENTY FIVE)

Good one!
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Relieved that it's not named Eclipse..

Me too!!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    New interview with Barbara Broccoli:
    https://naekranie.pl/artykuly/bond-zrobil-sobie-przerwe

She confirms that Bond took an indefinite time off work but did not "retire". However, once he got to Jamaica, he didn't want to leave.

Secondly, MI6 have moved on in his absence but the plot requires them to seek Bond's assistance.

Plus, these three will be on GMA tomorrow:

Daniel Craig has described PWB as "brilliant"

Also willing to bet money that Dali is playing Rami's brother:

jake24 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Kidnapped scientist sounds solid.
    👍
    It's not terribly original but is certainly filled with potential if executed in a compelling manner.

I kind of hope it remains a MacGuffen @jake24 . There’s a risk it can bring in heavy sci-fi elements. But I’m all in favour for the return of a doomsday machine.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    After my anger died down, I have to admit I really like the cast, and I think I overblew my comments about Craig. He's a great Bond, and did what he could with those lame questions at the PC.

I like the locations, and I'm glad it's scaled down. Two locations besides London to keep it nice and tight.

Thanks @Lizo for the scoops as well. All of you insiders who share those tidbits of information are very much appreciated.
    ggl007 wrote: »

This is kind of hilarious. I mean I just cannot wrap my head around that fact that George Lazenby, Bond in OHMSS, now posts on Instagram. Cross between two times.

That aside, I think Lazenby could pull off a cameo. He's popular enough for a Bond fan to get excited about, but not enough to distract from the film. Please make it happen EON!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Also willing to bet money that Dali is playing Rami's brother
    I thought that too @Pierce2Daniel :)

Do we think de Armas will be play a villainous femme-fatale or someone more like Severine?