No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    This cast is very young

Not to sound facetious @fjdinardo , I think this young cast is there for a reason... Namely the aged lion is coming back for one more battle and he will school the sh*t out of them youngins with the bad assery he will bring, as well as his sense of duty and sacrifice.

My guess.

The villains are going to be college kids hell bent on climate change

Lol diabolical.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    New interview with Barbara Broccoli:
    https://naekranie.pl/artykuly/bond-zrobil-sobie-przerwe

She confirms that Bond took an indefinite time off work but did not "retire". However, once he got to Jamaica, he didn't want to leave.

Secondly, MI6 have moved on in his absence but the plot requires them to seek Bond's assistance.

This interview is very interesting. Some sort of tragedy with M/MI6. And also that Eon signed Malek before Bohemian Rhapsody came out--which means that that is likely a reason for the delays.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    How long do you guys think the film will be? Ill say over 2 hours & 30 mins

I'm hoping for a lean, mean 120-130 minute film with the tone of CR and the pace of QOS. Lol not holding my breath on that one.
  • Anyone notice that Fukunaga wasn't wearing socks? A hint that Blofeld/Waltz will be making an appearance?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just look at it. Perfect :D

2dagcn8.jpg

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Anyone notice that Fukunaga wasn't wearing socks? A hint that Blofeld/Waltz will be making an appearance?

Unfortunately, that has become a style.

pitti-no-socks.jpg
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Fukunaga wasn't wearing socks? A hint that Blofeld/Waltz will be making an appearance?

Unfortunately, that has become a style.

pitti-no-socks.jpg

Man, that is so wrong!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Unfortunately @Risico007 as much as I would like to see a Fleming title be chosen for Bond 25 (looking at you Risico), I think if it was they would just tell us. It seemed to me that they don't have a title more than they're keeping it a secret.

I honestly believe it will be.. the last time we had a delay in title release was quantum of solace
  • peterpeter Toronto
    isn't this, if we think about it, THE PROPERTY OF A LADY?

Madeleine has some ownership on Bond now.

There is quite an extensive female cast....

?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Unfortunately @Risico007 as much as I would like to see a Fleming title be chosen for Bond 25 (looking at you Risico), I think if it was they would just tell us. It seemed to me that they don't have a title more than they're keeping it a secret.

I honestly believe it will be.. the last time we had a delay in title release was quantum of solace
    They did but at the same time it was a random choice and they kinda tied it to the story afterwards, and was quite a lazy approach to picking the title. I would hope that the title for Bond 25 has more relevance to the story, and for example, if they chose Risico, they would hopefully make it fit with the story they’re trying to tell :)
    We shall see
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Univex wrote: »
    You know what? My favourite bit was the synopsis. No younger agent, no personal stuff, no old foes, just Bond on a mission. Isn't that what we wanted all along?

Also, Ana de Armas is superb casting. So are the others. Check out Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Mr. Robot, Blade Runner 2049,...

Seydoux didn't say a word as of yet.

Brilliant, Felix is back.

13 years on and people still react badly to Craig being uncomfortable in interviews. It's just the way he is, damn it. Leave it be.

The event was just fine. Loved the sun and the overall mood. Fukunaga's loafers and suit choice were lovely. Still the best looking bloke in this production. The girls looked wonderful. All of them.

All and all, I've far more hyped now then I was before. Thank you EON.

Also that trailer with the numbers was terrific.

+1
    Malek says he knows quite a bit about his character. And in one word is very villainous. He also mentions dr no as his favorite villain. I can tell already he is going to be great. He will be a classic villain similar to Silva but in a different vein
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think Ana de Armas has only just been cast very recently. If you look at the photos, hers is obviously a press photo photoshopped, where as everyone elses seem to be like they were actually taken for the reveal...

ana-de-armas-bond-25-1556196530.jpg
    We actually got quite a bit of info today both directly and indirectly.
    Malek also says his role will be something never seen before and you may side or relate with him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I think Ana de Armas has only just been cast very recently. If you look at the photos, hers is obviously a press photo photoshopped, where as everyone elses seem to be like they were actually taken for the reveal...

ana-de-armas-bond-25-1556196530.jpg

Every time I see that photo I get that tingly feeling in my stomach. She's stunning. I loved her in BR2049, and I hope she's well utilised here.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Craig couldn’t be more wrong in saying “people are going to get sick of the sight of me.” The man looks like he could do 2 more instead of 1 more. It’s bittersweet this is it. He’s been an absolute legend as Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Better to go out too soon than too late...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @CraigMooreOHMSS She sure is great :) This is my favourite photo of the day...
    bond-25-movie-opening-event-HD-Gallery-3.jpg?fit=3500%2C2307&quality=90&zoom=1&ssl=1
    I hope she is a femme fatale ala Fiona Volpe
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Me too!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited April 2019 Posts: 8,028
    @CraigMooreOHMSS She sure is great :) This is my favourite photo of the day...
    bond-25-movie-opening-event-HD-Gallery-3.jpg?fit=3500%2C2307&quality=90&zoom=1&ssl=1

Wonderful. I really do wonder what Lashana was thinking with that outfit though. Not a good look at all.

However, it must be said - what a cracking collection of female talent we will have in this film. Setting aside my own grievances with Swann and Moneypenny in terms of characterisation, there are four excellent actresses there. We're getting a good deal this time round.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Craig couldn’t be more wrong in saying “people are going to get sick of the sight of me.” The man looks like he could do 2 more instead of 1 more. It’s bittersweet this is it. He’s been an absolute legend as Bond.

+100%.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,277

Actually, her character's name in the movie is PALOMA. ;)
    Hmm, how do you know this?

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,630

@marketto007 has people everywhere...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I'm hoping for a suggestive bond girl name but it ain't happening
    w2bond wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a suggestive bond girl name but it ain't happening
    In 2019, nope.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Here I'm sharing my old-school Bond fan concern: they may opt for a paradisiac shot of Jamaica to open the film and leave the gunbarrel for the end. But I'd better bite my tongue! :/
    @marketto007 has people everywhere...