No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Cool B-roll of the Goldeneye estate and the beach, waterfalls, ocean

I’m probably in the minority but I do not want Arnold coming back. I want someone completly new to do the score
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    As much as many of us would like to see Arnold return, you'd think if he was on board he'd of heard of something by now.

Christoph Waltz will write the score.

Fitting name.
  • In all the interviews that I have seen with Ana de Armas she does come across as being a late addition to the cast. She didn't even know where she would be filming. Didn't she read the press release or MI6-HQ.com ? At least Naomi admitted that she wasn't filming any scenes in Jamaica... Glad that Lea Seydoux is back!
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I’m probably in the minority but I do not want Arnold coming back. I want someone completly new to do the score

I'd have preferred Arnold to Newman for SF and SP (would have significantly improved both films) but am happy to see someone else given a go. Having said that, a new pair of hands is always risky and Arnold's CR and QOS scores were his best work on Bond - he seemed to be on a roll in the Craig era and then we hit this tonal brick wall with Newman.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I want to see Arnold return as much as the next guy, but let's be honest here, the composer won't realistically be announced this year. Probably around February I'd say.
  • For the music - big fan of David Arnolds BOND scores (not so much DAD though) . I actually enjoyed Thomas Newman's scores for SF and SP. Listen to those soundtracks quite often ! Don't think Newman will be back or Arnold. i actually have a feeling its going to be JUSTIN HURWITZ.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    “IF”

This guy is getting a little tacky.

Stop canvassing for a job on Twitter. Especially a job you already had. If his work is good enough and to Fukunaga's tastes, then he'll get the job.

Though, Eon have clearly moved on. I think Justin Hurwitz should get the gig. Then Cary Fukunaga would have essentially pinched all Damian Chazelle's crew. Though Sam Mendes basically did the same with Christopher Nolan......................

Though I think we need to break down the cast and speculate on roles - because A LOT of names were revealed. Some must have pretty measly screentime. For instance, I think it's fairly certain David Dencik will have a minor role.

Ana De Armas:

She's either the 'bad girl' or the 'sacrificial lamb'. If they only use De Armas for a limited period I'd be immensely disappointed. She's too good to waste in a Monica Bellucci-esque cameo! If she is good, perhaps she's another scientist type.

Dali Benssalah:

He's a kickboxer turned actor, so he's a henchman. i hope he's more akin to Patrice from SF and has only one sequence. I want Ana De Armas to be the proper henchwoman to Malek. He's guaranteed little screentime.

Billy Magnussen:

Gotta be an evil CIA agent. Unless he's working with Felix, in such case he would be in Jamaica. Though nor was Jeffrey Wright and filming begins on Sunday. I think this is a small supporting role and all his scenes will be with Jeffrey Wright.

Lashana Lynch:

Lynch fits the bill as the young MI6 protege that works alongside Bond. If I had to guess, I'd assume she is the new female lead of the film. Her relationship with Bond being more paternal.
  • "IF this is to be my last movie. I want to go out with a bang"
    So now its IF not "This is to be my last movie"...Hoping DC sticks around for a few more!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's quite clear to me that Armas will have a minor role (i.e. Severine or Lucia). Lynch will likely receive main Bond girl status, though personally I feel it should be he other way around.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    "IF this is to be my last movie. I want to go out with a bang"
    So now its IF not "This is to be my last movie"...Hoping DC sticks around for a few more!

He's learning what not to say. I'm sure this will be his last, but by saying IF it stops the media jumping all over him in the future.
    EON and MGM/Universal need to embrace it and make it part of the marketing hook for this film.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's a good way of building buzz. Will he or wont he?
    It's probably his last. Though nothing is certain just yet.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Some Belgian newspaper put the "article" about Craig being difficult etc on their site...

BTW, will be the GE mansion be used as Bond's house? ;-) I wouldn't mind... :-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Some Belgian newspaper put the "article" about Craig being difficult etc on their site...

There was an extended press release handed to the media, that confirmed GoldenEye wouldn't be used as a location.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 108
    Z5fGz3D.jpg

AutwktO.jpg

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I want to see Arnold return as much as the next guy, but let's be honest here, the composer won't realistically be announced this year. Probably around February I'd say.
    There's no reason to think that. Newman doing the score for Skyfall and SPECTRE was announced a year before the movie's release.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's quite clear to me that Armas will have a minor role (i.e. Severine or Lucia). Lynch will likely receive main Bond girl status, though personally I feel it should be he other way around.

I don't see Lynch's MI6 character as romantic material in the context of this film. And Armas is clearly too young.

Surely Maddy will be the main Bond girl in terms of romantic connections?

.... unless of course it turns out that Maddy retains a little bit more loyalty to daddy's business than we've been led to believe. Could Bond be betrayed by his lover... again?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Stop canvassing for a job on Twitter.
    Especially a job you already had. If his work is good enough and to Fukunaga's tastes, then he'll get the job.

Though, Eon have clearly moved on. I think Justin Hurwitz should get the gig. Then Cary Fukunaga would have essentially pinched all Damian Chazelle's crew. Though Sam Mendes basically did the same with Christopher Nolan......................

Though I think we need to break down the cast and speculate on roles - because A LOT of names were revealed. Some must have pretty measly screentime. For instance, I think it's fairly certain David Dencik will have a minor role.

Indeed. Here are Arnold's FILM credits since Quantum of Solace:

Morning Glory (2010)
    Paul (2011)
    The In-Betweeners 2 (2014)
    Silence Is Golden (2016)

What a resume.

giphy.gif
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Walecs wrote: »
    There's no reason to think that. Newman doing the score for Skyfall and SPECTRE was announced a year before the movie's release.

That's because him and Mendes are a pair. Newman always scores Mendes films
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Not that I recall for SPECTRE. It was around the time the singer/title song was announced that we officially got word that Newman was doing it.

Not that I recall for SPECTRE. It was around the time the singer/title song was announced that we officially got word that Newman was doing it.
    Newman was confirmed at the press launch in December 2014.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TripAces wrote: »

Stop canvassing for a job on Twitter.
    Especially a job you already had. If his work is good enough and to Fukunaga's tastes, then he'll get the job.

Indeed. Here are Arnold's FILM credits since Quantum of Solace:

Morning Glory (2010)
    Paul (2011)
    The In-Betweeners 2 (2014)
    Silence Is Golden (2016)

What a resume.

giphy.gif

What he’s done outside of Bond is irrelevant; on paper, Newman appear more impressive by arguably Arnold is better at Bond; his scores for CR and QOS are spectacular; I wouldn’t mind seeing him build on those for 25.
    Do most of you guys think I should continue with the timeline updates? They take a considerable amount of effort and I don't feel as if enough people read it as an incentive to continue.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    More from Baz - apparently it's Lashana's character, not Ana's, that's Paloma (supposedly key to the story - and I guess there's a reason she's with Craig and Cary in the interviews) and Ana's is called Nomi (she 'helps through part of the journey')
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6961695/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-never-Jane-Bond-says-Barbara-Broccoli.html

Didn't Rog announce he was leaving after MR and stayed for three more. It's almost become a Bond tradition for the lead to do this tease routine over whether he'll come back for another.

Yes. He did that for every movie after Moonraker. His original contract was only for 3 films. Do we know if he teased to leave after TSWLM? I know he started to tease to leave after MR.

If the plot is left open ended for Craig to return then he might come back.

I doubt the producers will have the energy nor a screenplay locked and ready to make by the end of next year but 2022 - the 60th Bond anniversary - is the ideal time to recast the role. I don't recall Daniel Craig going on about SPECTRE being his last Bond film prior to shooting. I get the impression this is his last film although if you were a tad cynical you may consider the possibility Babs doesn't have the will to look for a new guy and offers Craig some crazy amount - $30 million or so - for Bond 26 and he changes his mind. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.

However, a 2022 Bond film with a brand new actor, dare I say, Chris Nolan directing, he and his brother writing the script, perhaps Apple/Amazon/Netflix buying Eon or/and MGM's share - seems potentially more exciting than a sixth Craig Bond film. Let's not forget he did mention he'd only return for the money which is brutal honesty, fair enough, but the franchise has to have some clear vision where it wants to go in the third decade of this century. I think Craig's Bond will feel a tad 'been there, done that' by the time Bond 25 is released. Daniel did mention people may get fed up of him if he returns again - which is a fair point - although many people did love Roger Moore's long tenure but his films were mostly a two year gap, not three to five.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t read it.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,277
    jake24 wrote: »

There was an extended press release handed to the media, that confirmed GoldenEye wouldn't be used as a location.

Yeah, sadly not. Here's the extract of this extended press release.

NOTES:
    The announcement took place at GoldenEye in Jamaica, once the home of Ian Fleming where he created the James Bond character in 1952. Ian Fleming wrote 12 novels and two collections of short stories on the island. GoldenEye is owned and operated by Island Outpost, founded by Chris Blackwell who formerly owned Island Records.
    GoldenEye will not be used as a filming location for Bond 25.