No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Avengers 4, new Game of Thrones episode AND the Bond 25 announcement all in the next 6 days. This is too much, my heart can’t take it! Does Barbara Broccoli want to kill me? :bz On a more serious note, excellent news, I’m very very excited! I’m also looking forward to finding out why GMA will talk about Bond 25 both on Thursday and Friday.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,730
    Maybe they are going to announce a delay on Thursday. :P
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    You know, it’s just hitting me now that in 2015 it wouldn’t have been unreasonable to think that by 2020 we could have Bond 26. It’s 2019 and the press conference for Bond 25 is just around the corner. I’m so glad to see this finally happening after this long drought.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Uses old photos, old music, recorded off screen.

Must be fake.

/s
    QBranch wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    B25: Amazon, Uber, Corona Beer, Huawei, Desigual, Tom Ford.
    B25:
    Confirmed or assumed to be in:

Aston Martin
    Jaguar/Land Rover
    Bollinger
    Heineken (hopefully also sub-brand Red Stripe - would be a nice throwback)
    Marks & Spencer
    Omega
    Walther

Likely:

Tom Ford
    Univo

Possibly
    I hope a new Walther Pistol. We were glad he switch back with Classic PPK & still waiting on Title & Cast.
  • manovermanover uk
    Both these videos look old...are people upto some mischief?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    manover wrote: »
    Both these videos look old...are people upto some mischief?

Almost certainly not.

There is no new footage to share. Currently, media outlets have been invited to Jamaica for the press launch of Bond 25. So a few media outlets are hyping their coverage using the pictures and videos available to them. Eon haven’t gifted them any new material yet.

It seems likely that the reference to Thurs/Fri is a timezone issue.

I believe the press conferences for both Skyfall and Spectre took place in the morning UK time. This won’t be possible as I’ll be around 4:00am in Jamaica. This means we’ll get an announcement around 15:00pm UK time – which syncs nicely with the start of the day in Los Angeles.

The big question is when will Eon tout this on their official Twitter………………

Today is the first day back after the long Easter weekend. So I’m hopeful.

Also, I'm willing to bet £1000 that the title is ONCE UPON A SPY
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    edited April 2019 Posts: 204

Very interesting. Why so?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Once Upon a Spy would be truly a terrific title.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    QBranch wrote: »
    B25: Amazon, Uber, Corona Beer, Huawei, Desigual, Tom Ford.
    B25:

Confirmed or assumed to be in:

Aston Martin
    Jaguar/Land Rover
    Bollinger
    Heineken (hopefully also sub-brand Red Stripe - would be a nice throwback)
    Marks & Spencer
    Omega
    Walther

Likely:

Tom Ford
    Univo

Possibly:

Samsung (possible Sony replacement?, considering Moneypenny's phone in SP was Samsung)
    Uhm... I was joking in response to the CR product placement "complaints".

That was a title used in a draft for SP, wasn't it? I would be happy with that title.
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    GMB ran an updated version of their Bond trailer this morning saying from a '' secret location hear from cast and crew , friday '' so Thursday for the press conference would be my guess
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

That was a title used in a draft for SP, wasn't it? I would be happy with that title.

It was Peter Morgan's title for the draft he wrote for SF.

But I agree with what's been said here, OUAS would be a terrific title.
    (See, I'm already practising the abbreviation!)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Would be so happy if that is indeed the title, much better than the 2 previous rumours (Shatterhand & Eclipse).

Great title, great cast, talented director with a cracking script and plot. Arnold or someone else for the score and the theme can be as dreadful as Smith's was for all I care now.

Just get those essential ingredients right and give this era the swansong it deserves.

It was Peter Morgan's title for the draft he wrote for SF.

But I agree with what's been said here, OUAS would be a terrific title.
    (See, I'm already practising the abbreviation!)

You're probably right about that! Only heard about this title in connection to the draft years ago.

The abbreviation works too!
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Would be so happy if that is indeed the title, much better than the 2 previous rumours (Shatterhand & Eclipse).
    That's for sure. I'd be very, very happy with that title. OUAS. But why does @Pierce2Daniel think it'll be that one? And he's willing to bet 1000 on it. Strange.
    I am still pulling for a Fleming title with the announcement happening at Goldeneye personally I would love for it to be The Hildebrand Rarity or Risico but hell I would be fine with The property of a lady or 007 in New York lol
    Once Upon A Spy
    Trouble is....It was the title of a 1980 Spy Caper starring Ted ‘Cheers’ Danson and Christopher ‘Scaramanga’ Lee.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I am still pulling for a Fleming title with the announcement happening at Goldeneye personally I would love for it to be The Hildebrand Rarity or Risico but hell I would be fine with The property of a lady or 007 in New York lol

As a big of a Fleming fan and purist as I am, I'd rather have a title he'd be proud of instead of one of his poorer titles. Although I do like TPOAL. 007 in NY sounds too much like a Tintin book. The Hildebrand Rarity would have work in the 30s or 50s. Risico is just obtuse, although it does sound as what it means. Shatterhand would've been ok in the 60s. Titles like Once upon a Spy are right up Fleming's alley - a clever work of words and proverbs, like Live and let die. I like it. Very much.
    It’s going to be an exciting week!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Giugiaro wrote: »
    Once Upon A Spy
    Trouble is....It was the title of a 1980 Spy Caper starring Ted ‘Cheers’ Danson and Christopher ‘Scaramanga’ Lee.

It does sound a bit parody-ish. I'm not sure how it can be made sense of either.
    I don't think Once Upon A Spy works in the same way as Live and Let Die or You Only Live Twice. I doubt they'd use that.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    shamanimal wrote: »
    I don't think Once Upon A Spy works in the same way as Live and Let Die or You Only Live Twice. I doubt they'd use that.

I agree, because those titles can be explained. Once Upon A Spy ? I don't get it.
    I wouldn't mind ONCE UPON A SPY, though I'd prefer something with a very specific Fleming reference.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind ONCE UPON A SPY, though I'd prefer something with a very specific Fleming reference.

Risico in New York
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd be interested to see why @Pierce2Daniel would be willing to bet 1000 pounds on

Once Upon A Spy being the title.
    Benny wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see why @Pierce2Daniel would be willing to bet 1000 pounds on

Me too.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Uhm... I was joking in response to the CR product placement "complaints".
    No worries - whether you're joking or not, I don't see a problem responding with what brands I think will be seen.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Possibly
    I hope a new Walther Pistol. We were glad he switch back with Classic PPK & still waiting on Title & Cast.
    Any new or previous Walther would be cool to see handled by Bond. Not the P99 though. Even if it was in CR, I'll forever class it as Brozza's signature model - the Walther of his era. I like the look of the PPQ and PP Super though. Would love to see Craig use a new Walther sniper rifle. He needs a good sniping scene.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Univex wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

Me too.

+ 1. I don’t think @Pierce2Daniel would make this bet just because.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    To be honest I can’t judge the title until I see it and it’s design. Font can ruin things people, font can ruin things...