#08 choose between two options: CONNERY-DALTON-BROSNAN ...or... LAZENBY-MOORE-CRAIG

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan, despite the pain of losing OHMSS and CR.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    LMC for me, even if it's with a very slight edge. My average rating for CDB is 7.0/10, the one for the LMC movies is 7.25/10. The difference is mostly due to the complete dud called DAD (or was it the other way 'round?) ruining the average on that end since I can only give it four points.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    lazenby-moore-craig for me by default only because Craig is my favourite Bond of all time. Moore I could ignore. I'd watch lazenby as I love ohmss and not the actor.

Couldn’t disagree more, mate.

Craig is my least favourite Bond. Absolutely adore Lazenby and Moore as Bond.
    I can't make this choice. Too painful. I'd rather commit ritualistic suicide instead.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I can't make this choice. Too painful. I'd rather commit ritualistic suicide instead.
    I'd say you're leaning ever so slightly towards the Craig side of the ledger with those sorts of thoughts.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd say you're leaning ever so slightly towards the Craig side of the ledger with those sorts of thoughts.
    Indeed...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,185

I have to opt for that too i'm afraid.
    I would definitly lean towards the Craig side, but i am Not going anywhere without Brosnan.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Option 2. I can't let OHMSS and CR go, even at the expense of Connery.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    echo wrote: »
    Option 2. I can't let OHMSS and CR go, even at the expense of Connery.

Yeah I err echo this (no pun intended).

With LMC you get OHMSS and CR for Fleming adaptations and although this means you lose the excellent Fleming stuff in DN, FRWL and TLD it's a price I'm willing to pay as a world without any Rog Bond films is a cold and bleak place indeed.

Yes LALD, TMWTGG and AVTAK are a bit lacklustre but I could probably survive on a diet of OHMSS and CR for quality and TSWLM, MR and OP for purely entertaining romps.

I think to be honest its Brozza that's decisive in this debate. Swap Brozza for any of the three in the second group and I take Connery-Dalton-Laz/Moore/Craig in a heartbeat.

GE is good but as a package the Brozza films are either too poor or cover ground already done better by Sean or Rog to make them worth wasting a vote on. A team is only as strong as it's weakest member and I'm afraid even the might of Sean can't fight the drag factor of Brozza (although this should not be seen as a slight on Pierce himself who always gives his all but more some of the terrible script and directorial decisions EON stitched him up with).
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    lazenby-moore-craig for me by default only because Craig is my favourite Bond of all time. Moore I could ignore. I'd watch lazenby as I love ohmss and not the actor.

Couldn’t disagree more, mate.

Craig is my least favourite Bond. Absolutely adore Lazenby and Moore as Bond.

Each to their own..
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Gotta go with Option One:
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan

Connery and Dalton are my top 002 Bonds.
    I still struggle to fathom why there is so much anti-Craig sentiment. He's blonde. Big deal.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    For the same reason there’s so much anti-Brosnanism on this forum. Craig’s opposers are nothing by number in comparison to the other.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I still struggle to fathom why there is so much anti-Craig sentiment. He's blonde. Big deal.
    I don't think his hair really comes into it. Moore was arguably somewhat blond too. I think there are other factors that are at play here. He was lauded as the second coming for a time. That sentiment has changed to a degree, as could be expected. To some extent I'd say that Laz, for example, is put on too high a pedestal since he only gave us one film (and a bloody good one at that) to judge him by. Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 6,761

Don’t care about his hair colour. For me he’s not refined enough and comes across as too working class.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Don’t care about his hair colour. For me he’s not refined enough and comes across as too working class.
    +1. I agree with this.

Don't get me wrong. I like Craig, but for me he's definitely not on the same league as the others.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    To some extent I see his tenure as an experiment. An attempt to shake things up and impact the paradigm. The question is, where do we go from here? Further variation, as some wish for (black Bond and so on and so forth) or back to a more traditional template? I hope very much for the latter.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I'd prefer traditional. A Bond who doesn't get emotional every 10 minutes and far from getting personal with every villain he has to encounter. I want him to be in control of his game the way Connery, Moore and Brosnan were for the most part, and I want to see him enjoying himself both on the job and off of it rather than being grumpy and brooding. And furthermore to be formal with his fashion sense and gentlemanly rather than wearing like a male model (his three-piece suit in Spectre was way too fashion-oriented).
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'd prefer traditional. A Bond who doesn't get emotional every 10 minutes and far from getting personal with every villain he has to encounter. I want him to be in control of his game the way Connery, Moore and Brosnan were for the most part, and I want to see him enjoying himself both on the job and off of it rather than being grumpy and brooding. And furthermore to be formal with his fashion sense and gentlemanly rather than wearing like a male model (his three-piece suit in Spectre was way too fashion-oriented).

Every fiber of my being agrees with this!
    Every fiber of my being agrees with this!
    Knew you would! :D
  • AleanderAleander Kavala, Greece
    Isn't it actually Connery-Dalton-Brosnan's 13 films, total?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    First time here on this thread. Annoying options for sure. But I'd have to choose Craig and Moore. Unfortunately saddled with Laz then, and I cannot stand him (the only Bond actor I actually dislike). I love Brosnan as Bond (not for DAD, though I enjoyed half the film due to Pierce, but for GE and TND 100%), so these choices are bound to make many of us unhappy, I think.. But CR and SF, for those alone I would have to choose Craig.
    Moore/Craig/Lazenby for sure,but I would have preferred Brosnan over Lazenby.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan
    6-4 and 7-5 in my top 10 and top half respecitvely for the Connery-Dalton-Brosnan pick. Also, couldn’t live without my favourite Bond of them all: Timmy D.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan
    Even though I'm not that big on Dalton.
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan. Shame I would have lost Moore. It really should have been Connery-Moore-Brosnan since these three are the holy trinity of the Bonds for me. Ah well. Can't win them all.

That said, I do bloody love Dalton.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    New round would be nice, yes.
  • Connery-Dalton-Brosnan. Shame I would have lost Moore. It really should have been Connery-Moore-Brosnan since these three are the holy trinity of the Bonds for me. Ah well. Can't win them all.

That said, I do bloody love Dalton.

The reason why Connery-Moore-Brosnan wasn't an option is because a large portion of the series (17 out of the 24 films) starred those three actors. Needless to say, that wouldn't have been a fair choice. Connery-Dalton-Brosnan and Lazenby-Moore-Craig each provided 12 films thus making the decision much more difficult.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I am compelled to go with Connery-Dalton-Brosnan. Lazenby was just very good, Moore too lighthearted, and Craig not classic enough for me.