No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    peter wrote: »
    And none of this is happening.

@peter yeah Thank goodness
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Please watch out for cast n crew being flown to Jamaica in about a couple of weeks. That’s when the press conference will happen.
    Big up Peter! :)>-
    Interesting news @peter did you see my post below from earlier this week where I suggested a Jamaica conference was more likely?
    @Pierce2Daniel So the reason they haven't held the presser yet is NOT that Malek is too busy.

I think they haven’t held the press conference yet because they haven’t started filming!

I don’t know if that is because of Malek’s schedule or the script still being worked on (or any other myriad of issues).

It’s a tradition of the series to do a press conference to launch the start of filming. Though in the post-Comic Con and Star Wars world where fan interaction is so key at big unveiling events. You have to wonder what the benefit of an austere press conference at cold and rainy Pinewood Studios truly is….

Could Eon invite fans to the event so there is some genuine enthusasim in the room – opposed to modest spattering of applause from bored journalists?

Personally, if Eon were to enhance their current model. I’d just start filming and perhaps release a short press statement explaining this. Then wait till you’re in Jamaica and invite the press for the big title revelation with the full cast.

@peter is this Eon’s logic? They usually invite the press to locations so this would kill two birds with one stone.

Also we know the press is far more susceptible to writing positive stories if they get a free holiday
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    The thought of them having the press conference in Goldeneye would lead me to believe that it would also be where they announce that B25 will be the last EON production...

And what Universal Studios is taking over @TR007

Was that meant to be a question?

@TR007 yeah

Proper punctuation would have helped. Universal Studios aren't taking over, rest assured.
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    the handheld style really reminds me more of Forster's work on QOS than Campbell's on CR - Campbell didn't rely on handheld as much, he was more traditional - his shots were a lot smoother, relying a lot more on cranes, dollys, and stedicam rigs for action and non action scenes... Forster used a lot more of that handheld camera movement style than MC did..

the difference being of course - that the action isn't being chopped and cut 15 different ways.. there is nothing wrong with the handheld look, as long as you know what you are shooting and you aren't telling your editor to take a chainsaw to your scenes lol.

It great but James Bond Jr was over decade ago before James Bond return to big Screen in 1995 that time Goldeneye was be start to be made. Season 2 it like young Daniel Craig & Aston Martin it like DB11 not DB10.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The biggest marketing ploy with this one after all should rather be playing on the fact its likely to be Daniels Craig's swansong (play on words - would this make a bad title all rumours considered?) And sometimes it's about playing the situation right, rather than going through the motions.

As they have before. And as they've learnt before, they can't please everyone.

It's not about pleasing people; it's about adapting to the times. Ironically this is something the cinematic Bond has always done and hence the longevity. However, EON seems complacent, clueless, and unable to get with the program of what modern audiences expect. Again, I'll mention the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), which is the current champ of Hollywood.

Since 2008 the MCU has cranked out 21 films (soon to be 23) and in that same time period Bond has had 3. 3!!! It's a disgrace, honestly, and frustrating that fans like us have been strung along like this with nothing. They delay, they sputter around, switching this, dropping that. They need to get their act together or after Craig leaves it's game over. Seriously, after Bond #7 has his breakthrough and initial hype I predict the series will fall by the wayside. They'll either cast a black or female actor and then fall prey to the same SLW nonsense Star Wars, Dr. Who, and Star Trek have.

The world is a much different place than it was in 1962; hell, even since 2012. Bond's owners have not gotten it into their heads times have changed and that audiences expect more communication.

I've honestly had enough of posts like the above. Let get this right; we are the audience, and anything,ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the film is frankly, none of any of our damn business till it hits the big screen and we pay our money to go and watch it. I treat all and any information prior to a movies PUBLIC release, a bonus.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 371
    Can't go wrong with Jamaica, beautiful country.

Current mood

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Thanks @peter great news finally something to look forward to. I thought we'd know more by now but I'm sure we can stay patient. There must be a lot going on we don't know about I'm certain
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Please watch out for cast n crew being flown to Jamaica in about a couple of weeks. That’s when the press conference will happen.

Now this is something!! As all franchises follow Bonds lead by having introductory events, EON stat ahead of the game while remaining true to their brand. Look forward to this. I wonder if this will also mark the start of on location shooting in Jamaica.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Pierce2Daniel I don’t know if the London press will be there (perhaps a few key ones, but I have no idea how all this works); and there’s no denying that your instinct was sharply in tune on this one. Very impressive.
  • RC7RC7
    EON will no doubt fly out certain hand picked ‘representatives of the world press’.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »
    EON will no doubt fly out certain hand picked ‘representatives of the world press’.

On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service-1047.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Should be good.
    Like that the PC will be in Jamaica. Feels like a surrogate home for Bond.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Any suggestion that Lea Seydoux is filming Bond 25 can be curtailed. She was in Paris yesterday for a fashion event

We already know she is likely shooting another film before Bond 25 anyway.

Currently, she looks very different from how she appeared in Spectre. I guess they will dye her hair at the least for continuity's sake.
    Especially if the audience are to believe she's the little girl in the flashback.
    @Pierce2Daniel I don’t know if the London press will be there (perhaps a few key ones, but I have no idea how all this works); and there’s no denying that your instinct was sharply in tune on this one. Very impressive.

@peter It seems logical.

Eon always invite select members of the press to locations.

- CR: The world's press came to the Bahamas.
    - QOS: The press were invited to every location. Especially, Chile.
    - SF: There was a massive press day in Istanbul.
    - SP: There was a huge amount of press coverage in Mexico to coincide with the trailer.

In a world where Disney dominates with fan events - the thought of Cary Fukunaga awkwardly revealing the cast in a cold studio in Buckinghamshire wouldn't have the same effect. It be risible in comparison to the Star Wars revelation yesterday.

As a brand, Bond is about glamour, travel and danger. Inviting the press to Jamaica allows them to see some filming firsthand and lets Eon operate quietly for a few weeks prior to unveiling the film.

The real question is when is Jamaica filming planned?

If main unit filming has yet to begin, I suspect they won't move from Pinewood till at least the end of May. This will give them enough time to get comfortable with the production. But it prolongs our wait further.....................................
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Good news. Thanks @peter!

If they need more time to finalize constructed sets based on 2019 script work, it might make some sense to begin filming on location and then move to Pinewood after a month or two as you've suggested, @Pierce2Daniel.

Depends on the nature of what they're shooting and where.

I'm getting quite hyped imagining what could be shot in Jamaica...

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Thanks for the update @peter!
    Well I will say a few things

1. Looking forward to the cast and title announcement
    2. Based on what I hear the only people who know the title are Greg Wilson Michael Wilson Babs Daniel Craig and Cary fukanaga and that is it. I would bet money all previously rumored titles are Bs
    3. I am going to guess May 3rd is the press confrence
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote: »

2. Based on what I hear the only people who know the title are Greg Wilson Michael Wilson Babs Daniel Craig and Cary fukanaga and that is it. I would bet money all previously rumored titles are Bs
    I’m not sure about May 3rd but it does seem extremely likely it will be held sometime in the first half of May. Also, it seems they will shoot the Jamaica footage before rather than after the hurricane season. I mean they are not hauling everyone to Jamaica just for the presser, right?

"May the 3rd be with you" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but I'd be fine with that! ;)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

And I presume Purvis & Wade know the title as well, if they came up with it...

So you're saying that even the CEOs at MGM and Universal do not know what the title is? That shows that EON is ridiculously careful with information, as we know from the Spectre leaks that the top brass at Sony and MGM knew the title quite ahead of time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think Peter's source said it would be in about two weeks. So that would mean late April.
  • RC7RC7

I’m not sure about May 3rd but it does seem extremely likely it will be held sometime in the first half of May. Also, it seems they will shoot the Jamaica footage before rather than after the hurricane season. I mean they are not hauling everyone to Jamaica just for the presser, right?

No. I mentioned it a week or so ago but an acquaintance of mine was on the Norway shoot and said he was off to Jamaica next.

And I presume Purvis & Wade know the title as well, if they came up with it...

So you're saying that even the CEOs at MGM and Universal do not know what the title is? That shows that EON is ridiculously careful with information, as we know from the Spectre leaks that the top brass at Sony and MGM knew the title quite ahead of time.

Certainly, numerous stakeholders with their studio partners will know (at least) titles under consideration. There's an entire marketing department dedicated to researching and providing insights about the viability of the title internationally and across various audience segments, depending on which models they use.

Romantic as the notion is, I don't think it's realistic that select group of the core filmmakers can just decide the title on their own for a cinematic investment as large as Bond. Now, that doesn't mean they don't conceive of them that way -- Rob Wade has talked about, for example, Skyfall initially being a late-night revelation when they were facing a studio deadline on the Bond 23 draft.

Having said all that - yes, though, I would expect them to limit the number of people who know as much as possible.

If Lucasfilm can get through planning a massive launch event, cutting a trailer, doing logo/poster design, and initial merchandising -- and still keep The Rise of Skywalker a secret -- I have no doubt EON and Universal can keep a lid on "The Property of Dr. Shatterhand's Sun-Covered Risico" until the press event.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    TPODSHSCR. Catchy, I like it.
    TPODSHSCR. Catchy, I like it.

"It's still less confusing to the general audience than Quantum of Solace." - A real executive, probably.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »

No. I mentioned it a week or so ago but an acquaintance of mine was on the Norway shoot and said he was off to Jamaica next.

So it seems reasonable to assume that this event will indeed kick off Jamaica shooting. @RC7 thanks for that information. Could also signify it will occur in the final full week of April.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    "It's still less confusing to the general audience than Quantum of Solace." - A real executive, probably.
    "We're thrilled to announce the title acronym as..."
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    The thought of them having the press conference in Goldeneye would lead me to believe that it would also be where they announce that B25 will be the last EON production...

And what Universal Studios is taking over @TR007

Was that meant to be a question?

@TR007 yeah

Proper punctuation would have helped. Universal Studios aren't taking over, rest assured.

@TR007 yeah sorry about that
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I think it would be awesome if in the first teaser trailer they played a dark slow instrumental version of nobody does it better.