No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

peter wrote: »
    Please watch out for cast n crew being flown to Jamaica in about a couple of weeks. That’s when the press conference will happen.

How interesting...
    Is Goldeneye large enough to hold a press conference? Would be great if they did it there.
    Pure speculation on my part, but: could you imagine how epic it would be to hold the press conference at Goldeneye?

Chills just thinking about it...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Please watch out for cast n crew being flown to Jamaica in about a couple of weeks. That’s when the press conference will happen.
    So, Jamaica - late April? Sounds good!
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Pure speculation on my part, but: could you imagine how epic it would be to hold the press conference at Goldeneye?

That would be so amazing!!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

How awesome would that be!
    Is Goldeneye large enough to hold a press conference? Would be great if they did it there.

It's a full resort now, I believe. So...yes?

It's a full resort now, I believe. So...yes?

Nice. I've just seen pictures of some cottages on the property, so that's why I asked.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 125

Is that information from a source or is it just your speculation?

If the Press Conference is in GoldenEye, will it only be for the local press or will EON cover the international press?

I’m all for the press conference being held in Jamaica, but will British entertainment journalists fly to the Caribbean just for a Bond PC?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Look at how long it's taken for B25 to get going. Can you imagine how long of a wait it'll be for B26?
    2 years. And Craig returns. 2022.

Meanwhile, press conference in Jamaica sounds nice.
    I’m all for the press conference being held in Jamaica, but will British entertainment journalists fly to the Caribbean just for a Bond PC?
    What did they do for Prague and Turkey? I'm fairly certain it was just the local press.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    If the press conference takes place at Golden Eye they have to take a Fleming titel for Bond 25.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The biggest marketing ploy with this one after all should rather be playing on the fact its likely to be Daniels Craig's swansong (play on words - would this make a bad title all rumours considered?) And sometimes it's about playing the situation right, rather than going through the motions.

As they have before. And as they've learnt before, they can't please everyone.

It's not about pleasing people; it's about adapting to the times. Ironically this is something the cinematic Bond has always done and hence the longevity. However, EON seems complacent, clueless, and unable to get with the program of what modern audiences expect. Again, I'll mention the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), which is the current champ of Hollywood.

Since 2008 the MCU has cranked out 21 films (soon to be 23) and in that same time period Bond has had 3. 3!!! It's a disgrace, honestly, and frustrating that fans like us have been strung along like this with nothing. They delay, they sputter around, switching this, dropping that. They need to get their act together or after Craig leaves it's game over. Seriously, after Bond #7 has his breakthrough and initial hype I predict the series will fall by the wayside. They'll either cast a black or female actor and then fall prey to the same SLW nonsense Star Wars, Dr. Who, and Star Trek have.

The world is a much different place than it was in 1962; hell, even since 2012. Bond's owners have not gotten it into their heads times have changed and that audiences expect more communication.

They don't have to change just to go with crowd bond is a trendsetter not trend chaser utter nonsense
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126

@peter they are having it at goldeneye you must joking it sounds so magical in a good way
    The thought of them having the press conference in Goldeneye would lead me to believe that it would also be where they announce that B25 will be the last EON production...
    TR007 wrote: »
    The thought of them having the press conference in Goldeneye would lead me to believe that it would also be where they announce that B25 will be the last EON production...

And what Universal Studios is taking over @TR007
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Was that meant to be a question?
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Yikes. That’s a good way to put a damper on the movie they’re about to make.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Goldeneye? Nobody said anything about Goldeneye.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Great film. Also a decent game.
    Yikes. That’s a good way to put a damper on the movie they’re about to make.

That would be horrible.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And none of this is happening.
    Thank God.

So, GoldenEye exists.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

So, GoldenEye exists.

Yes. If you wanted to delay the press conference then its the perfect getaway vehicle.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Due to the defining silence about this film I don't even care anymore at this point. There are too many other great things happening in entertainment that has pushed James Bond (sadly) to the sidelines. If, as a hardcore fan, EON has managed to relegate my passions for a film franchise that has been a big part of my life for decades to such a state, imagine how limp general audiences are towards Bond these days.

Daniel Craig is
    Barbara Broccoli's James Bond 007
    in
    The Defining Silence
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,554
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    If Daniel Craig is indeed in London then surely the PC is happening soon,otherwise he would fly back to the US and then have to fly all the way back over again.

TBH, he does that all the time.

He may have come in for the Liverpool game as its a big one!!!

@RogueAgent Yep. I will be up early and watching in enemy territory: a Chelsea fan bar. I'm on west coast time.

It would be cool if it is on my birthday. 4/23.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,554
    delete double post
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Was that meant to be a question?

@TR007 yeah