No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

ggl007 wrote: »
    Riva dei Ginepri Instagram (Matera's beach):

moaS066.jpg

Very, very interesting!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DB5 hate comments incoming in 3...2...1...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    [quote="ClarkDevlin;982412"hate comments incoming in [/quote]

all the time, on every thread
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,291

Taking the opportunity to comment that modern cars are no match to the beauty of a DB5; I'd be happy to see it return!
    Taking the opportunity to comment that modern cars are no match to the beauty of a DB5; I'd be happy to see it return!
    Likewise. But, some people here express hatred towards it like their lives depend on it.

No worries, though. More for us the DB5 fans.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,291
    Likewise. But, some people here express hatred towards it like their lives depend on it.

Indeed! Do hope they find a proper use for it though. A car chase or something relevant to the story. It's Bond's own car though, so it would make sense to have him driving it
    if he's not longer a part of the MI6, for example.

Indeed! Do hope they find a proper use for it though. A car chase or something relevant to the story. It's Bond's own car though, so it would make sense to have him driving it
    if he's not longer a part of the MI6, for example.
    Certainly! I'd love for that to happen.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,755
    LOVE the DB5, don’t get me wrong. But there are so many other modern Astons they could be utilizing. The DB5 is getting redundant.

moaS066.jpg
    This has NOTHING to do with Bond 25. Filming in Matera won't start for another 4 months!!!
  • manovermanover uk
    I don't know if this is true..but if the script is unfinished their maybe some work going on ..
  • manovermanover uk
    She is talented ..with both killing eve and cleavage under her belt
  • manovermanover uk
    I mean fleabag not cleavage
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    manover wrote: »
    She is talented ..with both killing eve and cleavage under her belt

Cleavage under her belt?!!

• DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308

moaS066.jpg

Imagine if Bond 25 picks up literally 21 hours after Spectre

• edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    LOVE the DB5, as we speak I've just finished assembling the lego DB5 Mrs. Univex gave me yesterday for my birthday ;) It's a gorgeous piece of history, that car. If that is indeed Bond25 related, It'll make me happy, very.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I don't know if this is true..but if the script is unfinished their maybe some work going on ..
    HUGE news if true, and it does sound very believable! On one hand, I'm not happy that they enlisted yet another writer, on the other hand Phoebe Waller-Bridge is indeed talented.

"Bond director Cary Fukunaga and the crew are due to begin filming in Jamaica within weeks. "

...and even more importantly:
    "One plot being considered involves Craig’s ageing Bond retired and now living in Jamaica – the island where 007 author Ian Fleming had his Goldeneye retreat. The 007 number has been taken up by a new agent – a woman – who embarks on a mission which forces Bond to come out of retirement."

I know a lot of people here will hate this idea but I LOVE IT!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't mind that supposed idea but what a bizarre development if true. I'll await for more clarity.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Oh brother, not this feminist crap again...
    The being said, the 007 number being given to another agent seems like a normal thing to happen. A woman 007 could make for some fun jokes regarding the on going rumours of character gender swap. But if this pc idiocity intrudes too much, we'll get a bleached out version of our man James Bond. Well, who knows? In Fukunaga I still trust
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don't mind that supposed idea but what a bizarre development if true. I'll await for more clarity.

Well, it would certainly be the closest we would get to the 67 CR film in the cannon, wouldn't it? Several
    007s
    . Well, two of them, anyways. Almost like several
    James Bonds
    , only not that serious. It's not the codename theory. It's the
    code number
    theory.

Very, very meta.

I don't like it. I wish we would have a regular, non personal, new Bond actor, fun ride. But hey, maybe this will work.
    I am starting to think the usual EON apologists are going to hate this film and I will end up loving it!!! :))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,443

Phoebe Waller-Bridge looks intresting as Bondgirl.. But she have Vesper look.

12240216-0-image-a-40_1555191559107.jpg
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    I am starting to think the usual EON apologists are going to hate this film and I will end up loving it!!! :))
    What a cruel twist of fate.

• manovermanover uk
    Most likely she is working on the script.
    Unsure if she is being considered for a role.

Could be. Could very well be.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I had a feeling a few weeks back that this supposed protegé might be someone who has replaced Bond rather than being mentored by him per se. I think it'd be an unusual twist but a very interesting approach to take - it would push Bond out of its comfort zone once again.

It's always very cool when we see other Double-Ohs in action - even when it's only briefly - so I'm all for it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't see why Bond needs a "MeToo makeover" when every single encounter Craig's Bond has had with a woman has been undeniably consensual.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited April 2019 Posts: 524
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the DB5 coming back! I feel like it makes sense in-story, for Bond (in retirement, maybe) to start off in Italy in the DB5.

I'm one of those people who can't get enough of that little silver beauty on wheels, so I'm happy it returns!
    I do hope Bond has a bullet proof windshield built into it... *wink wink nudge nudge*

As for a
    female 007
    to get Bond out of retirement, I've always enjoyed the idea. The people who like radical change can have it, for the first 15 minutes of the movie, and then afterwards Bond comes back, and it proceeds as normal.

I came very close at making some character posters (but I'm not a great photoshopper, so I left it) that said
    Daniel Craig IS James Bond and then *famous actress* IS 007

There's your marketing campaign cut out for you, MGM/Universal! Bound to get publicity!
    To be honest, none of the rumoured story/plot bits revealed for B25 so far interest me much. Hope some of these articles are wrong.
    Not liking the woman 007 idea at all
    To be honest, none of the rumoured story/plot bits revealed for B25 so far interest me much. Hope some of these articles are wrong.

+1000
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,513
    I feel maybe I'm in the minority here, nothing against anyone who thinks different by the way.
    I just love Bond being solo, in his element, just him, his wits against the enemy. Sometimes I feel almost cheated when we wait so long nowadays for these films and you get a lot of sub plots that don't relate to Bond himself or the story directly.

No hate to the MeToo movement but it doesn't need to be addressed in Bond's world. As soon as you start pining for the audiences approval with sub plots like that, you're only round the corner for an official voting system for the next James Bond actor.
    In my mind James Bond should be the only agent with the code number 007.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, even though this last rumour/update has me somewhat nervous I still trust Eon, and Cary Fukunaga to deliver a great film. Roll on the next update