No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Risico007 wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Press conference... next Wednesday or Thursday.

My prediction.

I see the Spectre on your shoulder... the Spectre of defeat that your luck was about to change

It's always been me.

The author of all your pain.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    So what is the latest date they have to start main unit filming if they want to finish the movie on time and not cause one more delay?

July. Gives them 9 months, like QoS.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I'm sorry gents, it'll be a while still

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/uk/london
    I'm sorry gents, it'll be a while still

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/uk/london

Hahaha very good !!
    Justin Kroll is teasing big news today about something. Instantly people have speculated that it's either Batman or Bond news

Also, it's Thursday night which means Baz will be dropping his Daily Mail article.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It's the typical weekly anticipation. I'd be shocked if anything Kroll or Baz drops today has anything to do with Bond.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Press conference... next Wednesday or Thursday.

My prediction.

Could we be so lucky?

I will be off work so that would be ideal for me!!!!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Justin Kroll is teasing big news today about something. Instantly people have speculated that it's either Batman or Bond news

[snip]
    [snip]

Also, it's Thursday night which means Baz will be dropping his Daily Mail article.

It's Star Wars weekend, so it's probably something related to that, something might've leaked already.

Or it's something completely unrelated. Kroll loves to play up news that's pretty minor.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    It's the typical weekly anticipation. I'd be shocked if anything Kroll or Baz drops today has anything to do with Bond.

I don't share your cynicism.

This film is supposed to start filming any day now. Therefore, the cast needs to be named. Bond 25 is one of the only big budget films entering production that hasn't cast a number of its principle players.

We know that Lupita turned out a role in the film. Also we know there is a female MI6 agent who joins Bond on his mission.

BOTH roles require actresses and neither have been rumoured or speculated about.

I mean, Kroll might even release a report saying the film's doomed - at least, we'd know.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Kroll's idea of big news is recieving an extra large pizza 1 minute early.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Jodie Comer was rumoured. Given her association with Killing Eve, I'd say she's the MI6 agent/Bond's protege character that's been talked about.
    I’m tired of this. Years have literally gone by with barely a snippet of info. All we know is a supposed release date and Craig and fukunagas involvement. Maybe eon isn’t all that excited for this film.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    FlippantFarCaecilian-small.gif
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m tired of this. Years have literally gone by with barely a snippet of info. All we know is a supposed release date and Craig and fukunagas involvement. Maybe eon isn’t all that excited for this film.

Or Eon doesnt wanna look like the fisherman from AVTAK who's curiously looking around because of a massive leak

Or a Bond film's literally about to start/already just started production and the window between now and the press event is precisely the time you'd expect them to be the most secretive as they prepare the reveal.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Jodie Comer is 26, but she can go 23 year old..

jodie-comer-641534_828x1104.png

14 years earlier..
    18f8db_d851e88e008446959a674bd057e4bbe0~mv2.png
    Dryden Family in 2006
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So what is the latest date they have to start main unit filming if they want to finish the movie on time and not cause one more delay?

~June 30 / July 1.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Or a Bond film's literally about to start/already just started production and the window between now and the press event is precisely the time you'd expect them to be the most secretive as they prepare the reveal.

People seem to hold Eon in very high regard and think they have Svengali powers to stop leaks from occurring.

Often with actors being named in trades, it comes from the production itself. Other times, it's the actor's agents, management or PR team who leak the info. Unfortunately, Eon don't have control of that.

Eon have zero power to stop these leaks.

Plus your theory makes no sense as we already know that Malek and Magnussen have been cast. Why couldn't Eon stop those leaks? The truth is that no roles aside those two have been cast. Perhaps until recently, and either Kroll and Baz will break the news today.

Los Angelas wakes up at 17:00pm GMT. Hold on to your butts..........................
    Jodie Comer was rumoured. Given her association with Killing Eve, I'd say she's the MI6 agent/Bond's protege character that's been talked about.

Sigh...I mean legitimate rumours from the trades. Not unsubstantiated crap from tabloids. Comer has just started filming 'Free Guy' with Ryan Reynolds where she's the female lead. That film will be in production whilst Bond 25 is shooting. Therefore, she's not in Bond 25.

Her name is just a lazy tabloid rumour based on her role in 'Killing Eve'.
    Kroll's idea of big news is recieving an extra large pizza 1 minute early.
    Comment of the week! It's extremely annoying how no-name movie bloggers have to tease every insignificant news/rumour. Just post what you know, Kroll, or STFU!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 820

Plus your theory makes no sense as we already know that Malek and Magnussen have been cast. Why couldn't Eon stop those leaks? The truth is that no roles aside those two have been cast. Perhaps until recently, and either Kroll and Baz will break the news today.

What theory? That they're being quiet on purpose? Is that really so radical?

Maybe EON "couldn't" stop those leaks because they didn't want to, or were complicit. We don't know the truth. You're right about talents' teams as typical leak sources, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to assume that everything about the film is going to leak the second it happens.

Cary Fukunaga certainly didn't sign overnight, and that announcement came out of nowhere.

These companies have plenty of power control these leaks, based on how hard they want to try. Look at the next Star Wars. It was an absolute vault, up until recently. Or the new Avengers. It's startling how big those films are in the public consciousness, and yet (until recently, anyways) how little we've known about them.

And after the SPECTRE leak and Danny Boyle pre-production debacles, yes, I'd absolutely expect EON to tighten the seals more than normal on this one.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Lol, "supposed"? Really. Release date is locked at this point.
    No news is good news, folks!
    They are rewriting the script as we speak.

Bond is captured by the government of a corrupt South American country because they accuse him of leaking sensitive information.

Will he be able to get to the airport in time?

Bond is captured by the government of a corrupt South American country because they accuse him of leaking sensitive information.

Bond hides in embassy for 7 years. Gets a cat.

Kananga wrote: »

Bond hides in embassy for 7 years. Gets a cat.

:D
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I really feel they will start filming after Easter. Fukunaga is supposedly staying in Matera until Sunday, and will be moving on to other parts of Italy the week after.
    So there will be no filming in Pinewood for another week.

(Translated from this article)

Meanwhile, caveat emptor, but Craig has reportedly been spotted back in New York.

My guess: principal photography won't kick off until after Easter. The announcement (if the 25th is an educated guess) will indeed happen before principal photography will kick off.
    Ok time to spill the beans Bond 25 is 007 in New York all the locations around the world are just doubling for parts of new York city...

and now to sit back and watch the fear and pandemonium
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

What theory? That they're being quiet on purpose? Is that really so radical?

Maybe EON "couldn't" stop those leaks because they didn't want to, or were complicit. We don't know the truth. You're right about talents' teams as typical leak sources, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to assume that everything about the film is going to leak the second it happens.

Cary Fukunaga certainly didn't sign overnight, and that announcement came out of nowhere.

These companies have plenty of power control these leaks, based on how hard they want to try. Look at the next Star Wars. It was an absolute vault, up until recently. Or the new Avengers. It's startling how big those films are in the public consciousness, and yet (until recently, anyways) how little we've known about them.

And after the SPECTRE leak and Danny Boyle pre-production debacles, yes, I'd absolutely expect EON to tighten the seals more than normal on this one.

Well said especially about the Cary being director. No one in this forum or any media or tabloid had any idea.It's possible that they have been keeping secrecy. If actors agent or PR team leak wouldn't they lose their job for it?
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 108
    Just as another aside from today's movie leak culture: Dr. Who's Matt Smith was "confirmed' (without reference) to be in SW Ep IX. This info was then integrated into wikipedia and spread to every other news outlet as a fact. After principal photography was completed a reporter asked him to tease his role. The answer: He isn't in it and never was asked :D

Meaning: Who and who isn't leaked to be cast is in no way indicative of who is cast. We know that work has commenced on the film but most definitely principal photography has yet to start. It would in fact be strange to have begun for even the massive SPECTRE only started to shoot 11 months before release. Still they don't have to make anything regarding the shoot public neither would it leak, see SW.

Furthermore I think there are still some people who have yet to understand what a press conference is for: to get attention for your film. What is the best way to not get it? Hold it when all eyes are somewhere else. Up until the end of may all the movie press will be occupied with GoT, SW IX and Av:EG--all properties that are just released or will be a whooping half a year before Bond 25.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    4b049c80dc799afa07981bb1d2c997c0.jpg