No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I'd like to share my interview with Jeff Kleeman, UA's former VP. I asked him about Bond 25's delays and how a change of date can impact on the release of a film. He gave me very interesting answers: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-jeff-kleeman-former-united.html

Plus, he said GE64's success was vital for every other Bond film after 1997.
    Thanks for sharing this great interview.

I agree with @BMW_with_missiles , they should continue to exploit the market of videogames. And while it obviously wasn't necessary for a film like SF to have that roaring success, I do think it's important to get the kids liking Bond early! So the audience for Bond can continue to expand. Platforms like Twitch where content creators play videogames has millions upon millions of users that can be reached to with a new Bond videogame (provided it is up to the standards of the most buzzy videogames nowadays).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I'd like to share my interview with Jeff Kleeman, UA's former VP. I asked him about Bond 25's delays and how a change of date can impact on the release of a film. He gave me very interesting answers: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-jeff-kleeman-former-united.html

Plus, he said GE64's success was vital for every other Bond film after 1997.
    Thanks for sharing this great interview.

I agree with @BMW_with_missiles , they should continue to exploit the market of videogames. And while it obviously wasn't necessary for a film like SF to have that roaring success, I do think it's important to get the kids liking Bond early! So the audience for Bond can continue to expand. Platforms like Twitch where content creators play videogames has millions upon millions of users that can be reached to with a new Bond videogame (provided it is up to the standards of the most buzzy videogames nowadays).

like i said in another thread before.. EON have a plethora of material from the continuation authors that they could mine from for video games, should they so choose.. i mean, if they are never going to use them for film - then why not?
    I believe Eon would have to renegotiate a financial deal with the Fleming Estate to use anything beyond the Fleming material they already own @Haserot. They of course own the screen rights to James Bond so no other studio, or producer, can make their own versions to rival Eon. It would also seem that they don’t feel the non-Fleming novels good enough to film, hence why they prefer to originate their own material instead.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @bondsum ... yeah, i figured as much... i just think its something that makes sense exploring if i were them..
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They did use material rather openly from Colonel Sun and gave the Kingsley Amis estate credit for it.
    It’s rather strange that the mods are contracting what MI6-HQ wrote about the press conference. Are MI6-HQ and the mods not communicating on a regular basis?
    They did use material rather openly from Colonel Sun and gave the Kingsley Amis estate credit for it.

do you think they aped the building demolition bit at the end of SP from Deaver's book Carte Blanche? - Bond escaping a timed/rigged demolition just in the nick of time?

could be a coincidence.... or not lol.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It’s rather strange that the mods are contracting what MI6-HQ wrote about the press conference. Are MI6-HQ and the mods not communicating on a regular basis?
    Um, we're not any more privy to this kind of intel than you are.

I have no reason to doubt their sources at all, I'm merely pointing out what I think based on what I've seen.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Who knows what a future Bond producer might decide @haserot? You never know. As @ClarkDevlin mentioned, they did explore using Colonel Sun in DAD but then they changed his name to Colonel Tan-Sun Moon at the last minute. Colonel Tan-Sun Moon, is acknowledged on the film's DVD release as having been a nod to Colonel Sun. Clark could be referring to the SP torture scene which bares a similarity to CS? I don’t know if Eon actually paid the Kingsley Amis estate anything or even Glidrose and exactly how much? Maybe a simple byline acknowledgement was enough?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Is that all you like to do is be nickpicky with everything? @PanchitoPistoles
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Calm down...
    YSiNMgk.jpg

It's only a Fan Art I've just finished and I'm very happy with the result. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great job with that one.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    DJCLE84 wrote: »

do you think they aped the building demolition bit at the end of SP from Deaver's book Carte Blanche? - Bond escaping a timed/rigged demolition just in the nick of time?

could be a coincidence.... or not lol.
    We'll never know, now, will we? ;)
    bondsum wrote: »
    Who knows what a future Bond producer might decide @haserot? You never know. As @ClarkDevlin mentioned, they did explore using Colonel Sun in DAD but then they changed his name to Colonel Tan-Sun Moon at the last minute. Colonel Tan-Sun Moon, is acknowledged on the film's DVD release as having been a nod to Colonel Sun. Clark could be referring to the SP torture scene which bares a similarity to CS? I don’t know if Eon actually paid the Kingsley Amis estate anything or even Glidrose and exactly how much? Maybe a simple byline acknowledgement was enough?
    Indeed, @bondsum. I was referring to Spectre's torture scene which they gave a special thanks acknowledgement to the Amis estate at the end credits. You're also right about DAD as well as TWINE. Both of which were acknowledged (but not credited) to use features or plot points from Amis's novel.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Calm down...
    YSiNMgk.jpg

It's only a Fan Art I've just finished and I'm very happy with the result. :)

Just stating the obvious @marketto007
    jake24 wrote: »
    Um, we're not any more privy to this kind of intel than you are.

I have no reason to doubt their sources at all, I'm merely pointing out what I think based on what I've seen.
    Their sources? You are talking about MI6-HQ as it had no relation to this forum.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,293
    RC7 wrote: »
    Feels wrong writing this, but I'm not really that fussed about the press conference. I couldn't care less whether it's next week or in three months.

Likewise. It’s all about the movie. That is all that matters. Period.

Indeed. Even the first few set photos (official or by other sources) are more exciting, IMO.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Feels wrong writing this, but I'm not really that fussed about the press conference. I couldn't care less whether it's next week or in three months.

Wheres your spirit. Are you a huge bond fan or just one thats likes the films and thats it. Watching the conference and finding out the title and cast is one of the most exciting aspects for any bond fan.

I'm a huge Bond fan (wouldn't be a member here if I wasn't), I just feel the press conferences aren't that important. Leaked or official set photos, behind the scenes stuff etc. does more for me than whatever is said during a press conference.
    I agree with @Torgeirtrap on this. I’m afraid I find the press conferences very much a damp squib. Leaked photos are much more interesting than cast members answering inane questions from the press. It’s not like they reveal anything remotely interesting, apart from the title of the movie. Hopefully they keep it totally hush-hush so as to completely annoy @PanchitoPistoles and send him further round the twist.
    I wouldn't care much about a press conference myself. But, I'd like them to do a photo call event announcing the film's title, the cast and crew, a blurb and the project officially commencing production.
    Univex wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    What is the significance of 70mm IMAX I don't get it I'm not a big movie fan outside of Bond so I need to be educated :)

You have more quality and size...

...that's what she said

@Univex what does that mean exactly more on screen and clearer picture?

Yes, if you google search comparison shots between digital imax and 70mm imax and regular film, you'll get what I meant, you really really get a more sharp and bigger frame. Just think Dunkirk, by Nolan. It'll look crisp, that's for sure. Sandgren will do wonders with it.

Now, if you asked what I meant metaphorically, my missus won't let me explain. She's quite possessive, and rightly so.

Yeah, basically these cameras are the highest quality cameras for film ever, that digital technology is yet to be able to match (IMAX 70mm is estimated to be equivalent to 16-18K digitally), plus they are specially made for the biggest of the big IMAX screens (40% taller than regular 'scope'), as opposed to the smaller multiplex venues they've been opening over the last decade (26% taller) which their digital cameras used on Avengers - and stuff like Skyfall - cater for.

When you see a film like Nolan's with full 'real' IMAX footage like this, on an absolutely giant screen like the BFI IMAX in London (which will be *the* place to see Bond 25 as opposed to the Odeon Leicester Square, provided either the cinema finally gets the laser digital projector or Universal make actual 70mm prints of the film), it really is quite the experience. Nolan described it recently as 'virtual reality without the goggles'.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    bondsum wrote: »
    I agree with @Torgeirtrap on this. I’m afraid I find the press conferences very much a damp squib. Leaked photos are much more interesting than cast members answering inane questions from the press. It’s not like they reveal anything remotely interesting, apart from the title of the movie. Hopefully they keep it totally hush-hush so as to completely annoy @PanchitoPistoles and send him further round the twist.
    It’s not about the cast members answering questions. It’s about the title, the cast, the crew and the synopsis. Call it a press conference or call it a photo call, I don’t care. I just want an event similar they held when they started filming Skyfall and Spectre.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

What's the problem now @PanchitoPistoles ?
    The mods are members just like everyone else. We have our own views and opinions. We don't always agree on all aspects of Bond even. But we do all agree on action regarding the forums. And we work as a team at all times.
    MI6-HQ get news stories just like everyone else, they don't share it with the mods first and then publish it too the site. As @jake24 said, we find out when we do.

What is this conspiracy theory attitude you have toward everything?
    What do you hope to achieve?
    To send the forum into turmoil?
    To turn members against each other?
    The constant jabs at how things are not going as you'd like, or news stories not always being as accurate as you see them is getting more than a little tiresome.
  • manovermanover uk
    Some good photos here
  • manovermanover uk
    The child has blonde hair...
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Thanks for the report, manover. Oh, I think we already are given a perfect hint of the tone the film will take. All the more reason to believe in Fukunaga's delivery of the film.
    I love the fact that the masked killer resembles the phantom of the opera.
    WHOA!!! This looks flipping awesome!!!! First pictures to really get my hype going!!!!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    WHOA!!! This looks flipping awesome!!!! First pictures to really get my hype going!!!!
    I know the feeling, mate.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 14,880
    Thanks for sharing @manover great stuff.
    (A friendly word on using the edit button though instead of multi-posting ;) )

As with any Bond film, I'm always excited to find out what the next one will entail. The short clip above has just got my excitement level up too 11.
    The masked man and child running across the ice is rather chilling (no pun intended). I think we're going to be in for a visual treat here.

The use of spoiler tags will be required for any discussion regarding the above footage and any other aspect of Bond 25 that may be ruined without including information in spoiler tags
    Much appreciated.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    HOLY S**T!!! :O
    The villain look is terrific. I love it. The little girl really looks like a young Madeleine - I’m pretty convinced it will be the flashback that many of us were calling.