No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    We’ll get the press conference when we get it, whether next week or not it doesn’t matter. We know they’re full steam ahead so it really has no effect on anything. Although I’m sure they’ll have it once production moves to Pinewood.

It doesn’t matter at all, but it’s happening next week or the week after.
    What makes you say that? Whishaw and Fiennes' comments regarding the start date lead me to believe otherwise.

Their start date =/= the start of principal photography.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    We’ll get the press conference when we get it, whether next week or not it doesn’t matter. We know they’re full steam ahead so it really has no effect on anything. Although I’m sure they’ll have it once production moves to Pinewood.

What makes you say that? Whishaw and Fiennes' comments regarding the start date lead me to believe otherwise.

Neither of them seem to know when actual production starts. If it were next week, I'm sure they would've heard by now.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Neither of them seem to know when actual production starts. If it were next week, I'm sure they would've heard by now.
    I know Fiennes said he wasn’t sure but when did Whishaw say he wasn’t aware? As far as I aware he was the one that mentioned April 5th to someone who wrote an article?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,289
    Re. fake Craig: it looks like this was a guy hired by NRK Satiriks - a humour show. The show's project manager explained the stunt like this:

"We wanted to test out how it is when foreign celebrities arrive in Oslo, and how long it takes before the newspapers react. We sent messages to Dagbladet, VG and a few other media".

The man impersonating Craig has apparently won a Daniel Craig look-a-like contest.

I'll make sure to actually play through any videos before posting next time :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I know Fiennes said he wasn’t sure but when did Whishaw say he wasn’t aware? As far as I aware he was the one that mentioned April 5th to someone who wrote an article?
    Ben said they start 'very soon'. Then the man whom he told that to went on to claim they start on the 5th without citing any sources. Recently, Ben stated that he starts work on B25 in May.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Let's hope baz has a scoop tonight.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Ben said they start 'very soon'. Then the man whom he told that to went on to claim they start on the 5th without citing any sources. Recently, Ben stated that he starts work on B25 in May.
    Oh I see, thanks for the heads up :)
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    A week tomorrow we should know what bond 25 is called i hope
    Gareth007 wrote: »

eclipse
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »

eclipse

Not what I heard. Word on the street is that’s it’s called, ‘Panchito’s Lament’.
    Feels wrong writing this, but I'm not really that fussed about the press conference. I couldn't care less whether it's next week or in three months.
  • RC7RC7
    Feels wrong writing this, but I'm not really that fussed about the press conference. I couldn't care less whether it's next week or in three months.

Likewise. It’s all about the movie. That is all that matters. Period.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Univex wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    What is the significance of 70mm IMAX I don't get it I'm not a big movie fan outside of Bond so I need to be educated :)

You have more quality and size...

...that's what she said

@Univex what does that mean exactly more on screen and clearer picture?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Someone ask Baz if he has any new scoops
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What the hell is a ‘presser’ ?
    It’s a press conference. Which will happen, when it happens. I’m on the side of, it’s not as big a deal to me. It’s nice if we get to see who is in the cast and maybe a title reveal. But I’m much more interested in Bond 25 being a good film.
    All will be revealed in due time, guessing when the press conference or certain things will happen is pretty pointless. If it floats your boat then go right ahead.
    The actual quality of the film is the more important in my opinion.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    What is the significance of 70mm IMAX I don't get it I'm not a big movie fan outside of Bond so I need to be educated :)

...that's what she said

Yes, if you google search comparison shots between digital imax and 70mm imax and regular film, you'll get what I meant, you really really get a more sharp and bigger frame. Just think Dunkirk, by Nolan. It'll look crisp, that's for sure. Sandgren will do wonders with it.

Now, if you asked what I meant metaphorically, my missus won't let me explain. She's quite possessive, and rightly so.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126

...that's what she said

Yes, if you google search comparison shots between digital imax and 70mm imax and regular film, you'll get what I meant, you really really get a more sharp and bigger frame. Just think Dunkirk, by Nolan. It'll look crisp, that's for sure. Sandgren will do wonders with it.

Now, if you asked what I meant metaphorically, my missus won't let me explain. She's quite possessive, and rightly so.

Ok I saw Dunkirk that looked awesome not in IMAX alone that be cool if Bond was up for Best Cinematography @Univex
    Benny wrote: »
    What the hell is a ‘presser’ ?
    It’s a press conference. Which will happen, when it happens. I’m on the side of, it’s not as big a deal to me. It’s nice if we get to see who is in the cast and maybe a title reveal. But I’m much more interested in Bond 25 being a good film.
    All will be revealed in due time, guessing when the press conference or certain things will happen is pretty pointless. If it floats your boat then go right ahead.
    The actual quality of the film is the more important in my opinion.

The thing that will starting getting me excited is that first trailer
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677

...that's what she said

Ok I saw Dunkirk that looked awesome not in IMAX alone that be cool if Bond was up for Best Cinematography @Univex

Sure did. van Hoytema did a finer job in that one than in SP, IMO. Although to be fair, I'm sure most of the problem was done in post prod, with the tampered colouring. That being said, I'm not the most savvy member here to talk about the technicalities of cinema making. I'm a huge cinephile, just not that knowledgeable in the pragmatical and technical aspect of cinema.

Bond25 will look great and different, I hope.

About the presser, it will happen in due time, being it in the beginning of main photography or during it. They can't miss the publicity that comes with it. The photos and all. It will happen, eventually.

Wheres your spirit. Are you a huge bond fan or just one thats likes the films and thats it. Watching the conference and finding out the title and cast is one of the most exciting aspects for any bond fan.

...that's what she said

Sure did. van Hoytema did a finer job in that one than in SP, IMO. Although to be fair, I'm sure most of the problem was done in post prod, with the tampered colouring. That being said, I'm not the most savvy member here to talk about the technicalities of cinema making. I'm a huge cinephile, just not that knowledgeable in the pragmatical and technical aspect of cinema.

Bond25 will look great and different, I hope.

About the presser, it will happen in due time, being it in the beginning of main photography or during it. They can't miss the publicity that comes with it. The photos and all. It will happen, eventually.

Ok I forgot Van Hoytema did Dunkirk
    I want the first official image to be bond pointing his Walter at malek.

Evey time they have published the first official image of James Bond (Daniel Craig) with his Walther.

wahdf7.jpg

2v0jvhf.jpg

vfxhcj.jpg

2r79bn5.jpg

;)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Jack_Wade wrote: »

Evey time they have published the first official image of James Bond (Daniel Craig) with his Walther.
    wahdf7.jpg

2v0jvhf.jpg

vfxhcj.jpg

2r79bn5.jpg
    ;)

The first image released of Bond in QoS was just a close up of him.

qos_1_280.jpg

wahdf7.jpg

2v0jvhf.jpg

vfxhcj.jpg

2r79bn5.jpg

;)

Look very nice
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Sorry to be pedantic, but in the SP image, it's a Heckler & Koch, not a Walther. Perhaps the first appearance of the VP9 in a film. Still, very Walther-like in the looks department though.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    I'd like to share my interview with Jeff Kleeman, UA's former VP. I asked him about Bond 25's delays and how a change of date can impact on the release of a film. He gave me very interesting answers: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-jeff-kleeman-former-united.html

Plus, he said GE64's success was vital for every other Bond film after 1997.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,000
    I'd like to share my interview with Jeff Kleeman, UA's former VP. I asked him about Bond 25's delays and how a change of date can impact on the release of a film. He gave me very interesting answers: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-jeff-kleeman-former-united.html

Absolutely fantastic interview @NS_writings. Interesting to see how much he credits GE on the Nintendo 64 for the success of the following Bond films. We need that kind of attitude toward gaming in the current EON administration.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @NS_writings Great interview, thanks for sharing. Hope we get a game tie-in for B25.

wahdf7.jpg

2v0jvhf.jpg

vfxhcj.jpg

2r79bn5.jpg

;)

Well he threw away his PPK in SPECTRE. He should use a new Walther Pistol. Either P99 again or new Walther Q5 match SF
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

That was a great interview, thanks @NS_writings