No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Remington wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    BOND 25 please.

It'll happen when we get some more news. Relax.

Which we do have but seems like people are kinda missing it :P
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832
    It seems @Pierce2Daniel was wrong and there won’t be any press conference next week. If there were, we would know the exact date already. Maybe the week after next.
    We probably wouldn’t know if it were next week. It’s probBly going to be next week or the week after
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    TripAces wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    I neither want Arnold nor Newman, I don't want someone who takes two or more than two films to get themselves adjust to the bond sound. I want someone who start with a bang on score with their first film like Martin/Hamlisch/Conti. Even if they only had one chance they did a tremendous job imo.

Arnold did exactly that.

Tomorrow Never Dies is one of the weakest score of PB era even more so than DAD.
    I neither want Arnold nor Newman, I don't want someone who takes two or more than two films to get themselves adjust to the bond sound. I want someone who start with a bang on score with their first film like Martin/Hamlisch/Conti. Even if they only had one chance they did a tremendous job imo.

Arnold did exactly that.
    The score of TND was a parody remix of the James Bond theme.

Wrong and wronger.

For you may be, not for me.... TND score is like SP screenplay far from brilliant
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Technically, no one is stopping them from cropping the IMAX footage to 2.35:1.
    Are there any examples of this?
    Tomorrow Never Dies is one of the weakest score of PB era even more so than DAD.
    Oh, please.

Still meh.... Newman's romantic scores are far better than this.

True. But you don't get it. Newman is an American. Arnold is British. That's where this crap comes from. Any argument about Newman's merit falls on deaf ears. It's all ab out taste, anyway. But there isn't a single person working in film who'd put Arnold in Newman's class.

That's true, if that's the way then people should just give up on CJF because he is an American, this whole British/ American argument is just nonsense. I agree Arnold is no way near Newman his action score are pretty good but I laugh when people here compare or say he is better than Newman.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Did any of the previous films start shooting af all before the press conferences?

QOS - August 2007 they shot the Palio sequences, and the Barbican scenes with M and Tanner one week before the PC.

Arnold did exactly that.

Arnold did exactly that.

Wrong and wronger.

For you may be, not for me.... TND score is like SP screenplay far from brilliant
    Oh, please.

True. But you don't get it. Newman is an American. Arnold is British. That's where this crap comes from. Any argument about Newman's merit falls on deaf ears. It's all ab out taste, anyway. But there isn't a single person working in film who'd put Arnold in Newman's class.

Absolute nonsense.

That's not a very solid argument. Newman had his moments in both SF and SP. There are some strong cues (take 'Crow's Klinik' for example) in both, but he also mimicked Hans Zimmer a lot ("Welcome to Scotland" for example)

I will not argue that Arnold is the better composer. However, he is more right for Bond, due to his passion for Bond and respect for the legacy. His QoS OST, screams 10 times more Bond, than SF and SP combined, IMO. With 17 awardwins & 23 nominations, Arnold is certainly no slouch when it comes to composing in general.
    It seems @Pierce2Daniel was wrong and there won’t be any press conference next week. If there were, we would know the exact date already. Maybe the week after next.

Or, as I have suggested, when the full lead cast are available for the press conference.

Arnold did exactly that.

Arnold did exactly that.

Wrong and wronger.

Oh, please.

Absolute nonsense.

That's not a very solid argument. Newman had his moments in both SF and SP. There are some strong cues (take 'Crow's Klinik' for example) in both, but he also mimicked Hans Zimmer a lot ("Welcome to Scotland" for example)

I will not argue that Arnold is the better composer. However, he is more right for Bond, due to his passion for Bond and respect for the legacy. His QoS OST, screams 10 times more Bond, than SF and SP combined, IMO. With 17 awardwins & 23 nominations, Arnold is certainly no slouch when it comes to composing in general.

I hardly think he mimicked anyone. Arnold passion for bond doesn't make him the right composer for bond. Arnold score started becoming more bondion after DAD and Newman only get 2 chances so it's not fair wouldn't you say. As I said he pretended to be Barry doesn't make him perfect for bond. But both are far from perfect for bond. Next composer should get it right in Bond25 itself, he/she shouldn't take 2 or more than 2 chances to get adjust to bond.

Both are in similar league when it comes to composing bond but very different overall. Newman's better imo,but none of them should return I want someone fresh for Bond25.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,034

Arnold did exactly that.

Arnold did exactly that.

Wrong and wronger.

Oh, please.

Absolute nonsense.

100% spot on. I am a fan of Newman in general but he was extremely hit and miss when it came to Bond. Arnold's scores, on the other hand, are enjoyable from beginning to end, with the exception of the misguided electronics infusion in DAD which grated me at times.

It seems many people here don't actually realise how respected Arnold is in the film music community and in the film industry in general.

As for liking him over Newman because he's English and not American, well that's an argument made up out of thin air. I have never seen anyone use that as a criticism against Newman or in praise of Arnold. A total crock.

Anyway, Bond 25.....

Justin Hurwitz?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Since we again have a debate whether Arnold should come back for Bond 25 or not, I'll post the best argument that I have for his return.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As for liking him over Newman because he's English and not American, well that's an argument made up out of thin air. I have never seen anyone use that as a criticism against Newman or in praise of Arnold. A total crock.
    +1. Makes you wonder whatever balderdash they’ll use to justify their own means.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,169

Arnold did exactly that.

Arnold did exactly that.

Wrong and wronger.

Oh, please.

Absolute nonsense.

It seems many people here don't actually realise how respected Arnold is in the film music community and in the film industry in general.

The Arnold hate grew strong here during the production of SF. Especially people who loved Eric Serra had some heated things to say about Arnold, I remember, and Newman was the new Messiah. After SP and his duo rush jobs... not so much.

Let's just leave like it is. No one is going to change their mind, just because you have a strong argument.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    BOND 25 please.

It'll happen when we get some more news. Relax.

Which we do have but seems like people are kinda missing it :P
    Trust me, I'm quite excited by this IMAX news. Will update the thread as soon as I'm able to.

Arnold did exactly that.

Arnold did exactly that.

Wrong and wronger.

Oh, please.

Absolute nonsense.

The Arnold hate grew strong here during the production of SF. Especially people who loved Eric Serra had some heated things to say about Arnold, I remember, and Newman was the new Messiah. After SP and his duo rush jobs... not so much.

Let's just leave like it is. No one is going to change their mind.

When you're right, you're right.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS

You could be wrong ;-) It's a matter of taste, isn't it? Dalton is a better actor than Moore was, but was he a more popular Bond and fit for the role? Same thing with the Newman/Arnold discussion.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

They can still announce it two days before like they always do. Not holding my breath on it, but it's possible. By this logic we could still have a conference next week.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS

You could be wrong ;-) It's a matter of taste, isn't it? Dalton is a better actor than Moore was, but was he a more popular Bond and fit for the role? Same thing with the Newman/Arnold discussion.

It is the same and it is isn't the same. I see your point, @Zekidk, but even just using the Dalton/Moore example....

Dalton wasn't all that prolific and didn't headline massively popular films, yet I don't see it being used as a critique of him. I mean, imagine...

"Timothy Dalton, ergh. He was rubbish, he didn't go on to star in anything big after Bond. Just goes to show how rubbish he was!"

All well and good not liking something, but some of the stuff that gets written here is lunacy.

But anyway, as you say, it won't change too many minds so I digress.

BOND 25.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I find this "Arnold should return" talk a decade after his last Bond film a bit embarassing, but feel free to continue. It's a free country! (At least where I live it is.)

They can still announce it two days before like they always do. Not holding my breath on it, but it's possible. By this logic we could still have a conference next week.
    They send out the press invites much earlier than 2 days before the event. That's how we learned about the date of the Bond 24 presser 6 days in advance back in late 2014.
    This thread is turning into baseless arguments with childish Group Arnold vs Group Newman , still let's move on to bond25,

Eva green was interviewed recently for her new movie Dumbo and she spoke something about bond25, that flashback rumour which has been going on for quite some time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.movies.yahoo.com/amphtml/eva-green-thinks-bond-25-flashback-cheesy-exclusive-103918157.html

“I really enjoyed the experience of Casino Royale, and it’s such a beautiful movie, and also the fact there was a strong love story in it, made it very unique and strong. I don’t know, it’s always a bit tricky, flashbacks. You don’t want it to be cheesy. God knows. It depends on the writing.”

This thread is turning into baseless arguments with childish Group Arnold vs Group Newman , still let's move on to bond25,

Eva green was interviewed recently for her new movie Jumbo and she spoke something about bond25, that flashback rumour which has been going on for quite some time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.movies.yahoo.com/amphtml/eva-green-thinks-bond-25-flashback-cheesy-exclusive-103918157.html

“I really enjoyed the experience of Casino Royale, and it’s such a beautiful movie, and also the fact there was a strong love story in it, made it very unique and strong. I don’t know, it’s always a bit tricky, flashbacks. You don’t want it to be cheesy. God knows. It depends on the writing.”

agreed
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Yes, let's move on with more pointless speculation, rather than exchanges of opinion ;-)
    I find this "Arnold should return" talk a decade after his last Bond film a bit embarassing

I'd personally prefer a "why should/shouldn't Arnold come back"-discussion over 8 pages of "so...when's the press conference?"

Eva green was interviewed recently for her new movie Jumbo and she spoke something about bond25, that flashback rumour which has been going on for quite some time.

I agree with all of that. Flashbacks can be strong and add something if they’re well-written and well-executed, but I do have my doubts they could make one work with Vesper. I know most fans want to just move on and not be stuck with a bunch of references to the past (cough, SP, cough). But if they found a way to do it well and it would improve the film, I’m all for it.
    It looks like I need to start looking for a mystic. Sigh... Should I take some photos of the hexing process and upload the pics the week after next?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It looks like I need to start looking for a mystic. Sigh... Should I take some photos of the hexing process and upload the pics the week after next?

Was it you who hexed LTK?

sure why not
    If there is a press conference next week, we will learn about it tomorrow.
    Wait so Eva green is implying she filmed or is in the flashback for b25
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Wait so Eva green is implying she filmed or is in the flashback for b25

No she just said it would be cheesy or a bit tricky but we don't know anything for sure, even if there is a flashback I doubt that she will be in it.
    The offical 007 instagram account hasn't posted anything Craig related in 3 weeks and now they posted this:

Are they getting ready to announce the date of the presser soon?
    If there is a press conference next week, we will learn about it tomorrow.

Probably not. 1-3 days before.
    maybe