No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    If there is a press conference next week, we will learn about it tomorrow.

Probably not. 1-3 days before.
    They will have to send out the invites more than 3 days in advance...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Newman needs to be far away from Bond 25 as possible.

Hopefully Mendes will make sure he's busy, we certainly don't want anymore rush jobs on the score like his cut and paste SPECTRE fiasco.

The SPECTRE soundtrack is repetitive but by no means a fiasco. The romantic tracks (Madeleine, Donna Lucia, Secret Room, End Titles) are among the most beautiful I've ever heard on the series - to be honest I prefer them over some pieces of Barry and Arnold in a sense they are more subtle and poignant. In fact, if I had to pick between the soundtracks of Skyfall and SPECTRE I'd pick the latter without a shadow of doubt. It's a hundered times more Bondian and this time Newman isn't scared of playing with the James Bond Theme (Detonation, Los Muertos Vivos Están, the unreleased gunbarrel and Bond Theme riff before the main titles). I can understand SPECTRE has many weak points, but to me the soundtrack is definitely not one of them.

This brings back memories of Eric Serra's "For Ever, James" but like 10 times more poignant. I hear this and the first thing that comes to my mind is love and careness, like a feeling of a truly romantic love.

I didn't mind the SF score and Newman may well have created more of an original score than we heard but to me I kept hearing not particularly different arrangements in SPECTRE.

Possibly the recycling is down to Mendes, another reason for not to ever let him near Bond again.

Newman may well be part of a family with a rich legacy of scoring and song writing talent and yes his work outside of Bond is highly regarded but you have to get Bond and he doesn't in my view.

He gets stamping his own style all over the film, he's not scoring a Bond film he's making sure it's a Thomas Newman score first and foremost.

Arnold might not have his CV when it comes to scoring but Arnold knows Bond and where I don't like everything he's done, his CR and particular QOS scores to my ear are far more memorable and Bondian.

Newman doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Barry in my view.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Hopefully Mendes will make sure he's busy, we certainly don't want anymore rush jobs on the score like his cut and paste SPECTRE fiasco.

The SPECTRE soundtrack is repetitive but by no means a fiasco. The romantic tracks (Madeleine, Donna Lucia, Secret Room, End Titles) are among the most beautiful I've ever heard on the series - to be honest I prefer them over some pieces of Barry and Arnold in a sense they are more subtle and poignant. In fact, if I had to pick between the soundtracks of Skyfall and SPECTRE I'd pick the latter without a shadow of doubt. It's a hundered times more Bondian and this time Newman isn't scared of playing with the James Bond Theme (Detonation, Los Muertos Vivos Están, the unreleased gunbarrel and Bond Theme riff before the main titles). I can understand SPECTRE has many weak points, but to me the soundtrack is definitely not one of them.

This brings back memories of Eric Serra's "For Ever, James" but like 10 times more poignant. I hear this and the first thing that comes to my mind is love and careness, like a feeling of a truly romantic love.

And yet here he is.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    The offical 007 instagram account hasn't posted anything Craig related in 3 weeks and now they posted this:

Are they getting ready to announce the date of the presser soon?

It's a photoshoot from SP, but could be anything. I have a gut feeling that we will hear something official in 4 days.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

And yet here he is.

Touché
    It's a photoshoot from SP,
    They have begun shooting the new Bond movie, and the first official thing we get is an old picture of Daniel Craig? Not very current.
    There has only been 2 truly great Bond scores in the past 30 years: the scores of GE and SF. Hopefully the score of Bond 25 will join them as the 3rd truly great post-Barry score.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It's a photoshoot from SP,
    They have begun shooting the new Bond movie, and the first official thing we get is an old picture of Daniel Craig? Not very current.

Open it, that's what caption says :
    James Bond. Daniel Craig photographed here by @rankinarchive while shooting #SPECTRE (2015).
    There has only been 2 truly great Bond scores in the past 30 years: the scores of GE and SF.

For me - both GE and SF - were the two lowpoints the last 30 years. But I don't hate Arnold.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Let's take the Newman vs Arnold debate to a more appropriate thread.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    There has only been 2 truly great Bond scores in the past 30 years: the scores of GE and SF. Hopefully the score of Bond 25 will join them as the 3rd truly great post-Barry score.

You make me laugh. I'll give you that. GE has a great score though.
    jake24 wrote: »

Or at the very least, start your posts with "Not to go off topic, but..." and end them with "and now back to B25!".
    For me GE/CR/SF. I had great first experience watching those out of last 8 films, other's are average imo.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There has only been 2 truly great Bond scores in the past 30 years: the scores of GE and SF.

For me - both GE and SF - were the two lowpoints the last 30 years. But I don't hate Arnold.

Great

Or at the very least, start your posts with "Not to go off topic, but..." and end them with "and now back to B25!".

Or "let's move on to bond25"
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    The offical 007 instagram account hasn't posted anything Craig related in 3 weeks and now they posted this:

It's a photoshoot from SP, but could be anything. I have a gut feeling that we will hear something official in 4 days.

Even though it's a spectre shoot, they are teasing us with a bond 25 announcement I believe. I think it's 5th april the reveal not the 1st

I suppose

Even though it's a spectre shoot, they are teasing us with a bond 25 announcement I believe. I think it's 5th april the reveal not the 1st
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Thank you. I get pulled into this stupid crap every time.
    The article says:

"While the Daily Mail reported that Craig himself flew to a “secret location” to begin filming"

What secret location.Do anyone have any idea about that?

I'm not convinced that is an IMAX camera.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,034

Thank you. I'm sorry. I unfortunately saw a hook baited with horseshit and to my shame, I took it.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTmRhsLiIVRPFf9s6RzQRZd1kVvUcJ20xW0WKoStnpzko4L--xi

So.....

When is the press conference?
    I'm not convinced that is an IMAX camera.

What do you think it is, then? It looks like one to me.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    If the press conference won’t happen next week this thread will start to look like the hospital from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    We need a photo of craig on set as James Bond that will get everyone excited and relieved at the same time.
    I want the first official image to be bond pointing his Walter at malek.
    If we dont get reveal next week im going to pull my hair out
    matt_u wrote: »
    If the press conference won’t happen next week this thread will start to look like the hospital from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest...

It already does.
    It’d be unfortunate if we don’t get the conference next week, but I still feel way better knowing the filming process has actually started. We’re likely to get more and more tidbits along the way, regardless of when the conference is.
  • I hope to see some official reveals from EON, press conference, the title, by May 1. That seems a safe bet. Next week? I wouldn't get too excited! (I'd love to be wrong though :) )
    matt_u wrote: »

It already does.

Yep.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    FoxRox wrote: »
    It’d be unfortunate if we don’t get the conference next week, but I still feel way better knowing the filming process has actually started. We’re likely to get more and more tidbits along the way, regardless of when the conference is.

Yes, this has been a very encouraging week on all fronts on the whole. Next week should be even better.