No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    March 4th comes directly from Variety's article they published YESTERDAY.

"Bond 25 will begin shooting on March 4 with Craig in the lead for the fifth time. Fukunaga, whose feature credits include “Jane Eyre” and “Beasts of No Nation,” has become the first American director in the history of the franchise under MGM and Eon. The team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have been co-writers on the last six Bond films dating back to “The World Is Not Enough,” have returned to write the script."

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-moved-back-april-2020-1203141557/

This is all well & good, but this re-write news is as of today. March 4th is just that... YESTERDAY’S NEWS. Guess things changed overnight.

I doubt Burns was just brought in this morning, so March is still a possibility. Re-writes can happen in a week depending on their severity.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    John Hodge should write a script about the making of Bond 25, Danny Boyle should direct it, and he should hire Daniel Craig to play him (and Daniel Craig could be played by Aidan Turner). Just don't let Barbara Broccoli produce it! :bz
    Remember, the author states, "It's an overhaul and I won't be surprised if Burns is ultimately given first screenplay credit."

That sounds like a very heavy rewrite.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    It is. One wonders, what on earth has Fukunaga been doing in the last 5 months?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Bond 25
    Story by: John Hodge, Neil Purvis and Robert wade

Screenplay by John Hodge, Neil Purvis and Robert Wade, Paul haggis, Cary Fukunaga, and Scott Z. Burns

Christ

I feel this right now due to all these negative comments https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4ca2c2f3-1edf-4713-8920-07bc11c05b50
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    It is. One wonders, what on earth has Fukunaga been doing in the last 5 months?

kristine-froseth-attends-the-13th-annual-tribeca-film-festival-chanel-picture-id950720714?s=612x612
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The "logic" in this thread is getting shadier by the minute.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »
    Your
    peter wrote: »
    I've been quite a good boy, off-line, enjoying life, and I just got bombarded with emails in the past hour.

I read the article that is causing jitters.

And here is what I just wrote back to one of our posters:

The Playlist is not tabloid, and the writer definitely knows a lot of what was happening with the Boyle fiasco. That's what indicated to me he has a very good source on, or close, to set (I read the article three times).

Until I hear anything different, or at least taming this article, I have NO reason to believe that this guy has made a click-bait article. Once again, he seems to know an awful lot and it kinda/definitely is what I was hearing about Boyle's departure.

The only thing I question is if this is really an overhaul, or a polish:

A polish is what I would expect at this point in pre-production and would not give me the slightest cause for concern. But, since this article is filled with information only one would know from being in close, and he said it is an overhaul, then I am concerned. Really concerned.

Once again, I heard nothing of this and I heard that second unit was hard in rehearsals (stunt unit). We've seen these pics. I heard about the locations (and yes I didn't hear which had been locked, but I know where they had visited (I still have heard nothing about Norway, as of this writing-- which is strange to say the least; but perhaps this info is the reason for that. Just yesterday at about two p.m., I was privy to seeing some very cool pics from GoldenEye with Gregg Wilson (not as a location, but where he was staying while he scouted jamaica recently).

So, if it is an overhaul, then what are the stunt guys rehearsing? Are they keeping in the action sequences, and over-hauling the story around them (a la M:I films?)? I certainly hope not (this fills me with dread, and contradicts CF's own words about story-telling).

So, yes, I am not alarmed by the hiring of Burns, IF this is a polish.

But I am concerned that this is an overhaul that's expected to be done in one month (I never heard of the March 4 date officially, and always maintained it was in March that filming would commence (according to its own production page; however, and, sadly, I have no reason to doubt this article). And I am concerned that, if this is true, why didn't CF (who is a talented writer himself), think that he could not solve whatever plagues this script?

I hate ever being one to feed the negative characters on this site, but if this is indeed an overhaul, and I have no reason to believe this writer doesn't know what he's talking about, then I am alarmed.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. And I await some feedback to those who have given me very good morsels in the past that have been on the correct side of the ledger (saying that, these people, particularly my new "friend", pretty much said about Boyle's departure what I have just read in this article...).

Until then, though, I'm knocked sideways by this news (and I don't doubt its authenticity in the least, I'm afraid. I just hope that the Playlist got one detail slightly incorrect: overhaul vs polish (and a polish would take 4 weeks. An overhaul??? I doubt even the best writer could turn in an amazing page one re-write in 4 weeks).

P

By your own logic wouldn't Eon have released a press statement if they were delaying filming date from March 4th? I recall you making a bit of a song and dance about it.

Now you're recanting and saying The Playlist is as good a source as Eon. Interesting...

Well, thanks for the "scoops", Pete. I'll stick to Collider next time.

You’re a an obsessive mod edit @Pierce2Daniel . Go back to scavenging. Whatever I gave didn’t come from the websites you obsessively troll.

I was just wondering why you recanted so quickly. You were adamant a few pages back that official sources would reveal the new filming date.

Additionally, when I post links to sources to corroborate my stories, you shoot me down. Meanwhile, your insider titbits come from no source - and currently you have a 0% success rate. The Emperor's new clothes, indeed...

Gaslighting 101.

Uh, ok I will bite. Everything that I reported about Boyle in this thread was then verified weeks later.
    This Playlist article was bang on the money of everything I heard, which means the writer of the article had my interest.
    Your tweet hunting and internet scavaging @Pierce2Daniel is a painful reminder to me of you and what you are.
    Uh, further, Cadiz and Jamaica have been scouted. As well as Italy (and I still haven’t heard anything about Norway, but, as I said before, that means nothing).
    I stood by the shooting date because B25’s own production page, although changing its release date, still says filming is slated for March 2019. So they change the release dates in minutes of a press release, but still hadn’t changed the filming commencement. I’d take an official production page over your scavenger hunting any day.

So as I have politely asked you to stop your obsessive badgering. You should really find another hobby.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2019 Posts: 12,459
    The article is slanted of course; that is natural. Never mind that.

Look, it says EON wanted him for months. This is prepared for. This is an experienced, good screenwriter. Surely EON, Craig and Cary have their main story in mind and hiring this kind of writer makes perfect sense. Yes, other films start filming without a finished script.

This "emergency fixer" writer can therefore do the following:
    a) write fast and well, with decent action and dialog
    b) listen to his boss's (EON and Cary) - he knows his job; he won't be fighting them
    c) work on this near full time now since he is free

So EON, Cary, and Craig have surely (by the time this article was written) already talked with the writer. This writer is jumping in and not starting from scratch, not having to come up with his own main plot. He may contribute great new scenes. And surely he already has thought this through, oh yes.

I think this is very smart by EON. I won't worry at all unless the delay of the film is pushed back to Oct/Nov. I just thing things are still quite manageable and hiring this writer is actually a good thing. We want a great script.
    At this point it's safe to say that if Cary Joji Fukunaga were in a position Danny Boyle is in, if he were a very successful A-list director instead of someone who made a few very well received movies and TV shows but is very desperate to make something that's actually financially successful then he would have left Bond 25 a long time ago. He knows he cannot afford to exit the movie. He is essentially a prisoner.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Bond 25

Screenplay by John Hodge, Neil Purvis and Robert Wade, Paul haggis, Cary Fukunaga, and Scott Z. Burns

Christ

I feel this right now due to all these negative comments https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4ca2c2f3-1edf-4713-8920-07bc11c05b50

How do you get gifs and images on mi6community? I know this is off topic
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    The article is slanted of course; that is natural. Never mind that.
    Yeah my first impression was that it was written by Burn’s PR Rep. If they’re rehearsing and gearing to film in a couple weeks or four weeks, it’s not an overhaul... but I guess we’ll see very shortly
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,301
    Bond 25

Christ

You place the GIF link in a [ img ]-bracket (click on the image button on your comment section, and place the link inside the image URL field that pops up. :-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    At this point it's safe to say that if Cary Joji Fukunaga were in a position Danny Boyle is in, if he were a very successful A-list director instead of someone who made a few very well received movies and TV shows but is very desperate to make something that's actually financially successful then he would have left Bond 25 a long time ago. He knows he cannot afford to exit the movie. He is essentially a prisoner.
    ...you think.
    Re. film starting date and the script status: could the PTS for example be the sequence they're rehearsing? That could be a separate element from the plot – as with most Bond films.
    I don't like we are having a bourne writer writing the script but if their desperate man now I see why people are losing it hope this is just a rumor
    Bond 25

Christ

You place the GIF link in a [ img ]-bracket (click on the image button on your comment section, and place the link inside the image URL field that pops up. :-)

Ok thanks
    Probably won't get title until early summer and first trailer October or November
    I am willing to put money it’s all about the ending to be honest
  • RC7RC7

Are you, Krang?
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Risico007 wrote: »

That's exactly where I'm putting my money too! My guess is they are having issues with the ending and that's what really needs to be polished hence why I believe March 4th is still the start date.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I still didn't do it right

Who knows, maybe it is. As long as it doesn't involve Bond dying, I'm happy.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If the release date is delayed again, then EON has really put their foot in their mouth. Could you imagine? “We are thrilled to announce that Bond 25 has been delayed a third time to November 2020.”

Effing laughing stock.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So once again I'm preemptively putting the latest Bond film down with the list of troubled film productions.

The Wizard of Oz.
    Beat the Devil.
    Casablanca.
    Dr. Dolittle (1963 version, of course).
    Apocalypse Now.
    American Graffiti.
    Jaws (C'mon, Spielberg! That's two!).
    Sorcerer.
    Star Wars.
    Chinatown.
    The Shining.
    Blade Runner.
    Titanic.
    Groundhog Day.
    The Bourne Identity.
    Mad Max: Fury Road.
    World War Z.

I did like that last one. Plus Groundhog Day of course.

Won't work with videos, I'm afraid, as long as it's not a Youtube link (in which you just post the URL).

(correct me if I'm wrong!)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    So once again I'm preemptively putting the latest Bond film down with the list of troubled film productions.

The Wizard of Oz.
    Beat the Devil.
    Casablanca.
    Apocalypse Now.
    American Graffiti.
    Sorcerer.
    Star Wars.
    Chinatown.
    The Shining.
    Blade Runner.
    Titanic.
    Groundhog Day.
    The Bourne Identity.
    World War Z.

More hits and stinkers there, if that is the case it's in good company.

The Wizard of Oz.
    Beat the Devil.
    Casablanca.
    Apocalypse Now.
    American Graffiti.
    Sorcerer.
    Star Wars.
    Chinatown.
    The Shining.
    Blade Runner.
    Titanic.
    Groundhog Day.
    The Bourne Identity.
    World War Z.

Wasn't the issue with Jaws that they couldn't get the shark to work, or something?

I agree - at least it’s probably the main problem. For some reason they have to think of some spectacular, arc-closing ending rather than just give us a traditional Bond film ending which most of us would be okay with.

Won't work with videos, I'm afraid, as long as it's not a Youtube link (in which you just post the URL).

(correct me if I'm wrong!)

@Torgeirtrap it's a gif