Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Stories like Steven Seagal being the next Bond? I doubt anyone can take them seriously. ;)

https://en.mediamass.net/people/steven-seagal/james-bond.html
    Univex wrote: »
    You can't compare anyone to Burton really. One of the few actors that's a true one of a kind.

Re. voice, that's an important thing when it comes to potential candidates. Whoever gets the part after Craig must have the right kind of voice. Can't have a high-pitched "Bond… James bond", can we?

No, as much as I liked Brosnan, the voice was wrong, very wrong. Actually the very first thing that sold me Craig as Bond was his voice in an interview he gave about Invasion.

Oh, and about Burton, no, you can't compare anyone to him.

Definitely see your point re. Brosnan's voice. Personally, I've never been bothered by it. It suits the suave 90's Bond I think. That doesn't mean I'd want the same for the next guy, of course.

Don't feel the voices of many names mentioned here on the thread is suitable for Bond – particularly James Norton. OK actor though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Stories like Steven Seagal being the next Bond? I doubt anyone can take them seriously. ;)

I can't wait for the inevitable foot chase...

giphy.gif
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

giphy.gif

That would be a new take on 'from Russia With Love' then.

seagal_putin.jpg
    Then again I'm also not a big Dalton fan, as in him beeing Bond

I see. Then, my friend, we probably won't agree on many subjects re. Bond, I'm afraid. But hey, that's the way the game's played when you're a fan, right? And that, we both are ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    They both share being uncomfortable with fame, but Craig isn't in Burton's league.

That voice, my god that voice. That is a voice that should be preserved for future generations to listen to.

Thanks for posting. What a sharp and intelligent man, self-deprecating and crafty, but also thoughtful and melancholic.

And a great interview too.

• mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia

giphy.gif

Steven Seagal is James Bond...
    A good spy having a bad day...

They took his woman... (shot of Vesper dying)
    They took his mother... (shot of M dying)
    They took the most precious thing in his life... (shot of cheeseburger)

They thought they'd seen the last of him...
    They were wrong.

Steven Seagal is...
    HARD TO KILL ANOTHER DAY

Not a suggestion, but Tom Brittney, who someone mentioned a while ago, really looks like he could be Henry Cavill's younger brother.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Hmm, I’ve never seen, or even heard of him but , when needed he would be the right age, has a good look and voice, and from this short interview, seems to have a touch more charisma than Cavill.
    He could be an out of left field candidate.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Hmm, I’ve never seen, or even heard of him but , when needed he would be the right age, has a good look and voice, and from this short interview, seems to have a touch more charisma than Cavill.
    He could be an out of left field candidate.

I'll be watching him in Grantchester, as I watch that show already. Far from a Bond audition kind of role though.

Really just find it noteworthy how similar they look (hair aside).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anyone mention Tom Cullen yet? What do we think of him?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    bondjames wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Madden looks nothing like Bond, let alone zero charisma. Next.

The main problem is that he’s 5ft 7 in. Aka a midget.
    Well Keeley thinks he's got the goods.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/richard-madden-would-make-a-phenomenal-james-bond-says-keeley-hawes-a4054891.html
    --
    I’m actually warming to Poldark as Bond after so many other stupid suggestions in the press!!!
    He seems to be developing quite a fanbase here, slowly but surely. In fact, he may even be the forum favourite to take over.
    --
    I'm about to start viewing Punisher Season 2.

Someone who I'm keeping an eye on is Ben Barnes. 6ft 1, 37 years old and he looks good for his age. I first noticed him in Westworld. His name doesn't seem to come up on any lists. Perhaps that's a good thing.
    tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg
    Having seen the 2nd season of Punisher, I'm scrapping Ben Barnes from my list. He doesn't have what it takes imho.

He was good in Dorien Grey. Havent seen him recently. So I’ll reserve judgment until I do.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 14,861

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/richard-madden-would-make-a-phenomenal-james-bond-says-keeley-hawes-a4054891.html
    --
    I’m actually warming to Poldark as Bond after so many other stupid suggestions in the press!!!
    He seems to be developing quite a fanbase here, slowly but surely. In fact, he may even be the forum favourite to take over.
    --

Someone who I'm keeping an eye on is Ben Barnes. 6ft 1, 37 years old and he looks good for his age. I first noticed him in Westworld. His name doesn't seem to come up on any lists. Perhaps that's a good thing.
    tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg
    Having seen the 2nd season of Punisher, I'm scrapping Ben Barnes from my list. He doesn't have what it takes imho.

He was good in Dorien Grey. Havent seen him recently. So I’ll reserve judgment until I do.

He was awful in Dorian Gray. But the whole movie was truly awful.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I posted his name pages back, somewhere a year ago. He's apparently now also part of rumours:
    https://en.mediamass.net/people/tom-ellis/james-bond.html

Tom Ellis.

He's a very good actor if you ask me, and certainly does the suave thing fantastically.

dba53e9083490d69771d75b79d093ada.jpg

Far better then any of the others mentioned here.
    I do remember you mentioning this fellow a while back, but I'm afraid he does nothing for me.

If I may say, he comes across a bit sinister looking without being distinctive or likable enough to me. A bit ordinary too imho. I can see him as a skilled FSB type operative tasked with getting Bond, but not as Bond himself.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Anyone mention Tom Cullen yet? What do we think of him?
    Not bad. Not bad at all. He was mentioned here a while back. He's one of the better options in my opinion.

JTUatv7.jpg
    11pHocD.jpg

Not a suggestion, but Tom Brittney, who someone mentioned a while ago, really looks like he could be Henry Cavill's younger brother.
    I brought him up about a month back because he was getting some buzz for Granchester. Someone to keep a look out for in the future certainly.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,352

I brought him up about a month back because he was getting some buzz for Granchester. Someone to keep a look out for in the future certainly.

Definitely. Never seen him in anything before, but as I watch Grantchester, I'll make sure to tune in to see how he acts.
    Just started watching Bodyguard. Madden is surprisingly good. He's a contender but I suspect it won't be him.
    I think EON should cast the net far and wide next time. Open up auditions to all and sundry. Really go for it. Draw up a shortlist that includes real unknowns as well as the usual suspects. There's always untapped talent out there and also I think there's a magic to the role that can transform middling actors into something much more on screen - Sir Rog would probably be the obvious example
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Aidan Turner has wrapped on Poldark for its fifth and final series. So he is no longer attached to one project for the long term. Ofcourse that could change, nut as of now he will be available for Bond in a couple years.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson would be good. He was the best thing about Outlaw King, as well as Florence Pugh, who should definitely be a Bond girl in the future.

outlaw-king-aaron-taylor-johnson.jpg
    Am I the only one who finds the look on Ellis’ face comical: it’s on the verge of cross eyed but like a stage performer who does a hypnotist routine.

I’d have to see more to make a judgment
    Am I the only one who finds the look on Ellis’ face comical: it’s on the verge of cross eyed but like a stage performer who does a hypnotist routine.

No, you re not the only one :)
    Ludovico wrote: »

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

No, you re not the only one :)

Lol :D

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

Yes. A desecration of a great novel.

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

This. @Ludovico is correct.

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

Nope. I still enjoyed the film and Ben Barne’s persona in the film despite deviating from the novel.....my opinion. You didn’t....great.

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

Nope. I still enjoyed the film and Ben Barne’s persona in the film despite deviating from the novel.....my opinion. You didn’t....great.

Yes most definitely yes, it's a desecration. Cheap horror flick, based on a masterpiece. That has nothing to do with deviating from the novel, it has everything to do with not understanding a thing about it. Not a single character, not a single moment of it.

Oh and it's Dorian Gray, not Dorien Grey.
  • Im shocked that Tom Cullen doesn't get more attention on this board. He looks the part and he's a great actor. My top choice right now is Aidan Turner by far he looks like he was born to play Bond but Cullen is almost in the same boat. In shape dark looks. Id also throw Jack Huston name in the hat as someone who should be talked about more.

--
    --

tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg

Nope.

Yes most definitely yes, it's a desecration. Cheap horror flick, based on a masterpiece. That has nothing to do with deviating from the novel, it has everything to do with not understanding a thing about it. Not a single character, not a single moment of it.

Oh and it's Dorian Gray, not Dorien Grey.

+1
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,029
    I do remember you mentioning this fellow a while back, but I'm afraid he does nothing for me.

If I may say, he comes across a bit sinister looking without being distinctive or likable enough to me. A bit ordinary too imho. I can see him as a skilled FSB type operative tasked with getting Bond, but not as Bond himself.
    Well that's sort of the idea of playing Lucifer, goes to show he radiates that role at least the way he should.

And as for looking a bit ordinary, again for a secret agent I consider that a good thing. Mind you I've only seen him in Lucifer extensively and find he makes for a very convincing devil. It doesn't mean he makes a good Bond, as only a proper Bond-screentest or similar role (looking at you Daniel with La4er Cake) will give an idea about how well he's suited for the job.
    Then again I'm also not a big Dalton fan, as in him beeing Bond

I see. Then, my friend, we probably won't agree on many subjects re. Bond, I'm afraid. But hey, that's the way the game's played when you're a fan, right? And that, we both are ;)
    Oh well, not on who should be the next one, but I guess there's plenty within the Bond-world to agree upon ;-)

As for Tom Cullen, he definately looks wrong to me, far more a thug than Bond. I know nothing of his acting though.

Aaron Johnson, finding the few pictures where he doesn't sport a beard he'd be ok if he'd look like he'd lived a little more. Lookwise, again, no idea about the acting.