Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited June 2022 Posts: 701
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Not that it’ll make any difference. But when I see those bookies odds on who will be the next Bond, Aidan Turner is often not on the list!
    I haven’t seen one where he topped the list yet.
    Again, it’s not going to make an iota of difference, when it comes to casting. EON will choose who they like.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Benny wrote: »
    Not that it’ll make any difference. But when I see those bookies odds on who will be the next Bond, Aidan Turner is often not on the list!
    Again, it’s not going to make an iota of difference, when it comes to casting. EON will choose who they like.

What were the odds on Craig? Was he even in the top 25 or more?

Does anyone remember that lightness Connery had? A bit like if he was making fun of someone or just having fun in general? I really miss that. Its got a lot to do with eyebrows (which Craig doesn't have in abundance :) lol).
    giphy.gif
    original.gif
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Univex wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that lightness Connery had? A bit like if he was making fun of someone or just having fun in general? I really miss that. Its got a lot to do with eyebrows (which Craig doesn't have in abundance :) lol).
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

Exactly this. Turner like Connery has a certain 'lightness' about him. Let alone the cheeky demeanour Connery had in spades and is part of the quintessential charisma Bond has or should have. Not many people have this. Turner, to me. is the perfect mix between Dalton and Connery. What else could you wish for?

giphy.gif
    I personally have no problem with Turner,i just haven't seen him in any roles except the Hobbit or LOTR ,whichever one it was .
    I'm waiting for ATTWN to be repeated but it hasn't been yet.
    What else could you wish for?
    Peace in the world and human intelligence and sensitivity. But as those are nearly impossible, I'd be happy with Turner being the next 007, which is entirely possible ;) If that doesn't happen, I'll blame it on said faults.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Just a monthly reminder of the next Bond best candidate ;)
    47694040_352122938956632_4678545787154856025_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk0OTYwMTk4MjQ4MDA4NTk4Mw%3D%3D.2
    47585334_767439760284312_1402580887160360383_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com&ig_cache_key=MTk0OTYwMTgxNjUwMzAwNTA3Mw%3D%3D.2
    51252532_332035077520222_6604170552692421835_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com&ig_cache_key=MTk3MDcwMjg5NjE2MjkyNzM2MQ%3D%3D.2

Brilliant! =D>

I would still prefer Tom Hiddleston based on charisma, screen presence and voice. However, I am warming to the idea of Poldark given the amount of silly suggestions in the press. He is certainly worth a screen test.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

What were the odds on Craig? Was he even in the top 25 or more?

I have no idea. I recall the local paper in Perth had a snippet of a story about Daniel Craig likely to be named the next Bond about a week or less before the official announcement. Other than that he was that guy in Layer Cake or...wasn't he in Tomb Raider. Oh yeah!
    As too Turner, he's probably in a similar boat to Craig. He's not a household name. But people might know the face but not the name.
    At the end of the day, it's all out of our hands. EON make the final choice.
    Having seen the screentest from Sam Neill in 1986 and the comments from MGW and John Glen on how good they thought he was, it was ultimately Cubby who said no thanks.
    Pierce Brosnan was set too play Bond in TLD, he'd even shot the gun barrel. But a clause in his contract suggested otherwise as we all know.
    Lewis Collins apparently blew his chance by referring to Cubby as 'The Godfather' when he met Cubby to discuss the possibility of replacing Roger Moore in the 80's. It's a game of chance. How the people that make the decision view you, how the studio think they can market you, and whether or not all the planets align and you have the right characteristics, for the most famous role in cinema.
    More men have walked on the moon!
    They're very very big shoes to fill.
    Could Aidan Turner step up to the mark. I've no reason to think that he can't.

To quote Mallory “for the sake of variety perhaps we can hear someone else”
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,313
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

Mentioning eyebrows without including GIFs of the king of eyebrow action. Here, I'll fix it for you!

tumblr_pg05fd90091r1ult6o4_500.gif
    FittingAcidicEuropeanpolecat-small.gif
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Lol, finally someone else mentions eyebrows. Craig’s tend to get very light, almost not visible. He looks his best when they have been darkened a bit. Two scenes in CR really illustrate this, where he breaks into M’s apartment and where he’s having dinner with Vesper, following the card game.
    If even subtlety, so much expression is conveyed with eyebrows, I hope this is a detail addressed in Bond 25.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 11,425
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

You could almost imagine Connery's Bond smile while killing someone. Ruthless.

Not sure Turner has quite the same menace and danger. But who has?

Connery was an old school movie star. Charisma in spades. And a great screen actor. Pretty unbeatable combo.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

You could almost imagine Connery's Bond smile while killing someone. Ruthless.

Not sure Turner has quite the same menace and danger. But who has?

Connery was an old school movie star. Charisma in spades. And a great screen actor. Pretty unbeatable combo.

And Then There Were None shows that Aidan can pull off the ruthless killer extremely well. A must watch for anyone interested in his potential as Bond.
    Menacing eyebrows nobody does it better than Jack Nicholson.
    SaintMark wrote: »

That's more like homicidal maniac's eyebrows.
    Ludovico wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=12945168
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Ludovico wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=12945168

Lol
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

Mentioning eyebrows without including GIFs of the king of eyebrow action. Here, I'll fix it for you!

Eyebrow action is a must for the next Bond.

May I propose a potential option, delivered with the requisite sense of casual irony:
    qEFaNqo.gif
    bondjames wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    original.gif

Eyebrow action is a must for the next Bond.

May I propose a potential option, delivered with the requisite sense of casual irony:
    qEFaNqo.gif

Hahaha! :))
    Really, it just shows how much emotion can be acted with the help of the eyebrows. It feels a bit silly discussing it, but still.
  • I think it's easy to raise an eyebrow, or both together to express things. The real killer is contracting them and looking up through them for the mean scowl look.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 2,896
    Groucho for Bond!

tumblr_ls3vkyB2qE1qgeckf.gif
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Johnny English all the way!
    tenor.gif?itemid=8703853
    Johnny English all the way!
    tenor.gif?itemid=8703853

WhichNeglectedIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Indeed! :-D
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    There's always the Vulcan option, which David Hemmings seemed to approve.

61d71dca7b27bae0b3c3125c579f9861.jpg
    tenor.gif
    Danny boy is a bit Lady Gaga in that department, wouldn't you say?
    daniel-craig-480x360.jpg
    I think it's easy to raise an eyebrow, or both together to express things. The real killer is contracting them and looking up through them for the mean scowl look.
    Ask and you shall receive.
    YRFNTQO.gif
    TSVEOBF.gif
    Pj7g7HA.gif
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I think it's easy to raise an eyebrow, or both together to express things. The real killer is contracting them and looking up through them for the mean scowl look.
    Ask and you shall receive.
    YRFNTQO.gif
    TSVEOBF.gif
    Pj7g7HA.gif

Good! Very good. Not my top pick, but he had that Bond vibe in Only Lovers Left Alive.
    3241671_1369261406422.11res_500_210.jpg
    Good! Very good. Not my top pick, but he had that Bond vibe in Only Lovers Left Alive.
    3241671_1369261406422.11res_500_210.jpg
    That's one I've not seen yet. With Tilda Swinton? I'll check it out soon.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,318
    The problem with Tom Hiddleston is that he tries too hard

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Ftom-hiddleston-1.jpg

/drops mic