Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Madden looks nothing like Bond, let alone zero charisma. Next.
    He'll always ask for a pinky promise if he wants your word on keeping a deal. :))
  • How many times has this dude been in his fancy dress looking constipated!? Next indeed.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    When I saw it, it struck me as he was joking, look how DC gets taken out of context by the media.

Anyway Dominic West gets a free pass from me, he's Jimmy McNulty for fecks sake.

Same here.
    Must watch the bodyguard just in case? Lol! Would like to see it anyway as I have heard plenty of good things about it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Must watch the bodyguard just in case? Lol! Would like to see it anyway as I have heard plenty of good things about it.

Very good series. The money is on the screen.
    peter wrote: »

Excellent! Looking forward to watching it soon.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »

Excellent! Looking forward to watching it soon.

I basically destroyed the series in one bing-worthy sitting.
    I don't believe I will be that lucky with my other half to contend with? Lol!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Do what I did: take your MacBook into the washroom and lock yourself in there for six hours. Blame it on food poisoning.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,131
    I’m actually warming to Poldark as Bond after so many other stupid suggestions in the press!!!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

The main problem is that he’s 5ft 7 in. Aka a midget.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    suavejmf wrote: »

Well Keeley thinks he's got the goods.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/richard-madden-would-make-a-phenomenal-james-bond-says-keeley-hawes-a4054891.html
    --
    I’m actually warming to Poldark as Bond after so many other stupid suggestions in the press!!!
    He seems to be developing quite a fanbase here, slowly but surely. In fact, he may even be the forum favourite to take over.
    --
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm about to start viewing Punisher Season 2.

Someone who I'm keeping an eye on is Ben Barnes. 6ft 1, 37 years old and he looks good for his age. I first noticed him in Westworld. His name doesn't seem to come up on any lists. Perhaps that's a good thing.
    tcZq5gH.jpg
    8RLGVF9.jpg
    Having seen the 2nd season of Punisher, I'm scrapping Ben Barnes from my list. He doesn't have what it takes imho.
    Never thought Barnes had what it took, really. Can't say I was enthused with his version of Jigsaw, either.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Never thought Barnes had what it took, really. Can't say I was enthused with his version of Jigsaw, either.
    No, me neither. I was keeping an open mind despite doubts, but he was weak.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He'll be 40+ by the time shooting would begin, too, so that essentially removes him from being a candidate.

I . am . not . a . midget, FYI
    !!
    ;)

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,190
    Delete.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,042
    I posted his name pages back, somewhere a year ago. He's apparently now also part of rumours:
    https://en.mediamass.net/people/tom-ellis/james-bond.html

Tom Ellis.

He's a very good actor if you ask me, and certainly does the suave thing fantastically.

dba53e9083490d69771d75b79d093ada.jpg

Far better then any of the others mentioned here.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 13,912
    I posted his name pages back, somewhere a year ago. He's apparently now also part of rumours:

Tom Ellis.

He's a very good actor if you ask me, and certainly does the suave thing fantastically.

dba53e9083490d69771d75b79d093ada.jpg

Far better then any of the others mentioned here.

And he's Welsh.

200.gif
    Casting the devil as James Bond...

I don't like him. Don't think he's a good actor at all. But I've only seen about 2 episodes of Lucifer before dozing off.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Univex wrote: »
    Casting the devil as James Bond...

I don't like him. Don't think he's a good actor at all. But I've only seen about 2 episodes of Lucifer before dozing off.

That's the role he's playing, and to my mind he does it very convincingly. It is an over the top character after all.

In an utterly different role:

And beeing himself talking lucifer

A bit common looking and I still don't see enough charisma there, but hey, it wouldn't be the worst choice. I'd rather have him in the role than the bloated braindead mumbling bruit Hardy. He seems more slick. Aren't you the one who doesn't like Aidan Turner, @CommanderRoss? Why would you prefer Ellis to Turner? Just curious.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    You know, watching some interviews with some said candidates, I went back to some Craig interviews. And I must say, Daniel Craig has charisma to boot. Even is he's uncomfortable, which he often is. The man is a bit like Richard Burton, there's this dangerous glow in his eyes. And that bloody voice. Whomever gets the role will have big shoes to fill on the charisma department.
    large.png
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They both share being uncomfortable with fame, but Craig isn't in Burton's league.

That voice, my god that voice. That is a voice that should be preserved for future generations to listen to.
    They both share being uncomfortable with fame, but Craig isn't in Burton's league.

That voice, my god that voice. That is a voice that should be preserved for future generations to listen to.

Well, as a big Burton fan, I've only mentioned the eyes and that dangerous feeling while being interviewed. In all other regards, Burton is unbeatable. That Tennyson poem he says by heart while mimicking Dylan Thomas is priceless. I always loved that Parkinson interview. And the voice, if I could have any voice, that would be the one. Although is fellow welsh, Dalton, had a pretty good theatrical voice as well.
  • mattjoesmattjoes SOMEDAY CONNERY (thanks RichardTheBruce)

That is not real.
    Mediamass is a parody site.
    You can't compare anyone to Burton really. One of the few actors that's a true one of a kind.

Re. voice, that's an important thing when it comes to potential candidates. Whoever gets the part after Craig must have the right kind of voice. Can't have a high-pitched "Bond… James bond", can we?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    You can't compare anyone to Burton really. One of the few actors that's a true one of a kind.

Re. voice, that's an important thing when it comes to potential candidates. Whoever gets the part after Craig must have the right kind of voice. Can't have a high-pitched "Bond… James bond", can we?

No, as much as I liked Brosnan, the voice was wrong, very wrong. Actually the very first thing that sold me Craig as Bond was his voice in an interview he gave about Invasion.

Oh, and about Burton, no, you can't compare anyone to him.
    Univex wrote: »
    A bit common looking and I still don't see enough charisma there, but hey, it wouldn't be the worst choice. I'd rather have him in the role than the bloated braindead mumbling bruit Hardy. He seems more slick. Aren't you the one who doesn't like Aidan Turner, @CommanderRoss? Why would you prefer Ellis to Turner? Just curious.

I'm the one who isn't impressed by Turner, or one of them. I don't really like his acting style nor his looks. Then again I'm also not a big Dalton fan, as in him beeing Bond, even though I rank TLD quite highly. They miss a certain edge to them.

I think Ellis is quite convincing as Lucifer, and from what I've seen he's quite good at different roles as well. Is he the right man for the job? I don't know. He's got class and style, something that's notoriously lacking in most mentioned contenders. He's got the dark hair and tallness, but he might be a bit too good looking for Bond.
    Mediamass is a parody site.

As far as I can tell it isn't a parody site, but one that just reproduces any story seen on the net, and correcting later on if they're wrong. At least that last bit gives them an edge over the Daily Mail or The Sun. ;-)

To be clear, any 'rumour' about Craig leaving is by definition false.