No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I wonder what is more boring to watch, the Opera or fashion shows.

Fashion shows. In opera you get to hear well-trained singers perform big songs. Fashion shows consist of braindead models walking up and down in hideous clothes.

Nothing wrong with Opera if you can follow the story and dialogues, old chap. If you can't...well, I get the boredom, if you don't like the musicality of it. If you do, you're fine ;)

Now, fashion shows...blah.
    Depends on the type of fashion show, doesn't it? :-D
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, a Victoria's Secrets Angles show would beat a Puccini. Now, if they could mix one with the other...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    For some more non-news, Arnold still hasn't been approached:

jake24 wrote: »

I don’t know how early the composer is usually approached in pre-production. But this seems to really put a damper on his chances of returning.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

I don’t know how early the composer is usually approached in pre-production. But this seems to really put a damper on his chances of returning.

Or he's just really good at avoiding a proper answer?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I could live with a thrilling fashion show planned for future BOND 2X involving
    international intrigue, gorgeous models, doppelgängers(s), product placement, a triple-cross, attempted or completed assassination, and a showstopper aerial escape in a vehicle from Aston Martin.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    international intrigue, gorgeous models, doppelgängers(s), product placement, a triple-cross, attempted or completed assassination, and a showstopper aerial escape in a vehicle from Aston Martin.
    They could easily adapt a scene from John Gardner's James Bond novel Licence Renewed. In the book,
    007 foils an assassin at fashion show, who accidentally shoots a gelatin capsule at the mistress of the villain originally aimed for the Bond girl. Later, 007 learns that the gelatin capsule resulted in a fatal heart attack for the mistress.

That would be great actually!
  • I was able to converse with a very resourceful and insightful person on the Lipstick Alley forum - who are fans of CJF. They have some really cool insights that I think are being missed here.

So whilst we fret and argue, here are some really intriguing facts that one member let me in on:

⚫ So supposedly, Aiysha Hart has nothing to do with Bond 25 – she’s a friend of Froseth.
    ⚫ Supposedly, Froseth is close with Lucy Boynton who she worked with on a Netflix film called ‘Apostle’. Boynton is dating Rami Malek. It was speculated that Malek and CJF spent time together before Xmas with their girlfriends.
    ⚫Interestingly, CJF has a friend called Ameer Youseef who he does all his location scouting with.
    ⚫ Both CJF and Ameer spent a lot of time in Norway. Ameer’s Instagram confirms this. I feel this may lead more credence to the rumours of Norway being used as a location.
    ⚫ The below photos give us an idea of the landscapes that CJF might have in mind. The videos are actually filmed by CFJ himself.

*Quick disclaimer though* - Let’s not spam this guy’s Instagram. It’s better to just leave it and watch for developments.

• edited January 2019 Posts: 820
    Wonderful finds, @Pierce2Daniel -- thanks for the insight!

EDIT: Just speculation based on the first video you've included above. Could you imagine if that were a drone "test shot" for a single-take car chase element/sequence? (I'm sure it's not, but it's fun to imagine).

We've seen single-take action (from CJF himself) of foot-based sequences, but I could see that being an inventive way of approaching a vehicle-based action piece as well. I'm picturing an Aston on that road, pursued by or pursuing multiple vehicles, taking those curves at high speeds, with no cuts, for upwards of several minutes.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Not sure that these images have any relevance to the Bond 25 production. The image of Fukunaga in Norway was posted in mid August, before Danny Boyle stepped down.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Very interesting indeed.
    Not sure that these images have any relevance to the Bond 25 production. The image of Fukunaga in Norway was posted in mid August, before Danny Boyle stepped down.

Agree -- although, we don't know what the precise timing behind the scenes was. Could be that CJF was in talks at that point, and took the opportunity to travel/scout as sort of "searching for inspiration" about whether or not he wanted to take the gig.

I know, I know. I'm really reaching there. You're more than likely right.
    ⚫ Both CJF and Ameer spent a lot of time in Norway. Ameer’s Instagram confirms this. I feel this may lead more credence to the rumours of Norway being used as a location.
    ⚫ The below photos give us an idea of the landscapes that CJF might have in mind. The videos are actually filmed by CFJ himself.

*Quick disclaimer though* - Let’s not spam this guy’s Instagram. It’s better to just leave it and watch for developments.

These are all locations in western Norway. Lot's of great scenery in and around these parts of the country.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Congrats, @Pierce2Daniel Very interesting and well researched...
    ggl007 wrote: »
    As others have already pointed out, those pics with Fukunaga in Norway were taken BEFORE Boyle was fired. They have nothing to do with Bond 25.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    As others have already pointed out, those pics with Fukunaga in Norway were taken BEFORE Boyle was fired. They have nothing to do with Bond 25.

Either way Cary Fukunaga is familiar with the location. That would make filming and scripting much easier. Also if EON knew that Boyle exit was coming they may have contacted him while he was there.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2019 Posts: 7,980

Unless he was so taken with, and inspired by what he experienced that AFTER he was brought on , Norwegian locations were incorporated which would mean they could have something with Bond 25. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    I believe EON applied for a permit to film there. They were one of the applicants that got in before the November 27th application deadline to receive incentives for 2019 calendar year. So presumably if they get approval for the 25% production cost incentive by the Norwegian Film Institute, then they will film there unless they find another location which offers them something more beneficial.

The approval announcements reportedly take place in January, so that could be our next piece of news.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I believe EON applied for a permit to film there. They were one of the applicants that got in before the November 27th application deadline to receive incentives for 2019 calendar year. So presumably if they get approval for the 25% production cost incentive by the Norwegian Film Institute, then they will film there unless they find another location which offers them something more beneficial.

The approval announcements reportedly take place in January, so that could be our next piece of news.

Which would be after Fukunaga came on board.
    Bond belongs in Jamaica
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bond belongs in Jamaica

Why don’t they film Bond having his break on the Goldeneye house? Now that would be something, wouldn’t it?
    Bond belongs in Jamaica

Absolutely. I would love to see a scenario where a sequence filmed in a country such as Norway cuts to a setting like Jamaica. There’s an excitement created by the contrast.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I have a feeling we will get major news either this week or next week. Then again, I have been wrong before. Regardless, it’s beyond exciting being this close to production.
    Bond belongs in Jamaica
    There are only two locations that should appear in Bond films repeatedly: London and the Caribbeans. So I would absolutely welcome another visit to Jamaica. On the other hand, Bond visiting Italy in 3 out of the last 4 movies is just nonsense, especially considering how many great regions there are on Earth cinematic Bond has not yet visited.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    talos7 wrote: »

Not necessarily. The application deadline was November 27th, and and article stated that EON got an application in prior to that. However, we don't know when it was in fact submitted. It could have been in the summer prior to Fukunaga's hiring, or it could have been later. We just don't know. Irrespective, they could have withdrawn the application if their plans had changed and they didn't, so they definitely want to film there.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,293
    talos7 wrote: »

Not necessarily. The application deadline was November 27th, and and article stated that EON got an application in prior to that. However, we don't know when it was in fact submitted. It could have been in the summer prior to Fukunaga's hiring, or it could have been later. We just don't know. Irrespective, they could have withdrawn the application if their plans had changed and they didn't, so they definitely want to film there.

The quote from film commissioner Adrian Mitchell when the news were reported, was (quoting from Dagsavisen):
    "I can confirm we've been in contact with representatives for the upcoming James Bond film, and that they want to film in Norway."

"We've been working with this for a long time. There are realistic possibilities that parts of the next James Bond film will be shot in Norway."

I don't know what Mitchell regards as "for a long time", but it could mean they were looking at locations even before Fukunaga came on board. The producers were apparently looking at locations all over the country, according to Mitchell.

«Treadstone season 1» (a Jason Bourne spinoff) was among the other projects that applied for incentives.
    https://www.dagsavisen.no/kultur/vil-spille-inn-james-bond-i-norge-1.1243645