Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    TSWLM
    TLD
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    TSWLM over GF in a narrow victory.

TND over TLD by miles.
    GF over TSWLM. I do really enjoy TSWLM, but GF is still the clear winner.

TLD over TND. I like both of these, but I have to give it to TLD. @bondjames has pretty similar feelings to me about this matchup of old-fashioned vs high tech Bond outings.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,318
    GF slays TSWLM (even though I like it too)
    &
    TLD nukes TND, no contest

These are my #1 and #2, mind you

p.s: nice post count @FoxRox
    TSWLM and TLD.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2019 Posts: 7,314
    TSWLM just slips past GF. Both are top 10 entries.

TLD gets an easy victory over TND.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    GF
    TLD
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    GF is 13 years older than TSWLM...but not half as dated. Gert Fröbe far surpasses the apparent somnambulist Curt Jürgens as the main villain. Honor Blackman is a far better actress than Barbara Bach (admittedly not much of a challenge). Oddjob beats Jaws on every level. One of John Barry's finest scores blows Marvin Hamlisch's effort out of any water imaginable. The DB5 majestically towers over the Lotus Esprit. The only categories where the two movies are about equal are Ken Adam's production design and the title songs. But still: no contest, it has to be GF, as iconic as a Bond film can get.

I like TND, but TLD is overall much better. Including the Bond actor.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    GF is 13 years older than TSWLM...but not half as dated. Gert Fröbe far surpasses the apparent somnambulist Curt Jürgens as the main villain. Honor Blackman is a far better actress than Barbara Bach (admittedly not much of a challenge). Oddjob beats Jaws on every level. One of John Barry's finest scores blows Marvin Hamlisch's effort out of any water imaginable. The DB5 majestically towers over the Lotus Esprit. The only categories where the two movies are about equal are Ken Adam's production design and the title songs. But still: no contest, it has to be GF, as iconic as a Bond film can get.

You read my mind on every single point.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    peter wrote: »

You read my mind on every single point.

Thank you.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    TSWLM & TLD
    TSWLM easily

&

TND easily
    barryt007 wrote: »
    TSWLM easily

&

TND easily
    I don't share your decision on TSWLM either, but I am really, truly, completely, absotively and posilutely flabbergasted that you prefer TND over TLD, with that perfect Bond girl.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    TSWLM easily

&

TND easily
    I don't share your decision on TSWLM either, but I am really, truly, completely, absotively and posilutely flabbergasted that you prefer TND over TLD, with that perfect Bond girl.

Hahaha I wondered who would comment first x you win the Kara Milovy Cello award 2019 JW !!
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    TSWLM easily

&

TND easily

Hahaha I wondered who would comment first x you win the Kara Milovy Cello award 2019 JW !!
    :-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    GF

TLD
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    GF

TLD

You sir are spot on
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Of course I am. TLD is one of the best Bond films ever made. Too bad not enough people recognise that fact.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Of course I am. TLD is one of the best Bond films ever made. Too bad not enough people recognise that fact.

I do !

(Not)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    On any given day, the first match up could go either way. Both GF and TSWLM are two of the best films in the series. If I could vote for a draw then I would. However after recently watching Spy Who Loved Me, I'll go with TSWLM

The second match up is a lot easier. I've always loved TLD and that's where my vote goes.

Couldn't agree more. Stunning debut from Timothy Dalton. One of my most watched Bond films. Brilliant stuff.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    TSWLM
    TLD
    TSWLM - very close one, but at the moment TSWLM is #5 and GF #6
    TLD
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Going with the John Barry scored films:

GF

and

TLD
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If anyone wants to chime in on only one of the two matches, it is allowed. It has happened before.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    GF
    TND
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    GF
    TND
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    GF in the narrowest of wins. Both films are in my Top 5.
    TLD, because it's simply a much better movie overall.
    GF
    And
    TLD...No contest for me!
    GF & TND
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Go on.