Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

NSNA
    FYEO
    NSNA
    and
    FYEO
    As much as I'm meh on FYEO at the moment, give both votes to Roger's films.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    both roger for me
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    TSWLM

NSNA
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I do enjoy NSNA, but clearly:

TSWLM
    FYEO
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    TSWLM
    FYEO
    Ow !!!!
    peter wrote: »
    My bias for Connery is very powerful. Doesn’t take anything away from RM, but more of my weakness to simply wanting to watch Connery “Moore”.

NSNA
    NSNA
    My bias for Connery is very powerful. Doesn’t take anything away from RM, but more of my weakness to simply wanting to watch Connery “Moore”.

NSNA
    NSNA
    Ow !!! I’m the opposite!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    TSWLM vs NSNA

FYEO vs NSNA

I have grown to dislike NSNA with a burning passion. Put it up against any Bond film, and I would choose the EON made film (even QOS). NSNA was made out of greed and spite. While the DVD is in my collection, it doesn't sit with the official films. I don't care that EON now own it, it doesn't have the right to sit with the real Bond films.
    TSWLM vs NSNA

FYEO vs NSNA

I have grown to dislike NSNA with a burning passion. Put it up against any Bond film, and I would choose the EON made film (even QOS). NSNA was made out of greed and spite. While the DVD is in my collection, it doesn't sit with the official films. I don't care that EON now own it, it doesn't have the right to sit with the real Bond films.

I agree with everything here major x I don’t know why it’s always included on here and Connery did 6 official Bond films,Sir Roger did 7 !!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ow !!!!

NSNA
    NSNA

NSNA
    NSNA

I'm not proud of it, Barry. I just love watching Connery move on the screen. Even in NSNA. And he moves so much better than RM-- this appeals to me as part of James Bond's charm. He should be physical. Connery had it in spades.

Connery in most things (because of his brutish charisma), puts a spell on me; Connery as Bond is unbeatable.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Ow !!!!

NSNA
    NSNA

NSNA
    NSNA

I'm not proud of it, Barry. I just love watching Connery move on the screen. Even in NSNA. And he moves so much better than RM-- this appeals to me as part of James Bond's charm. He should be physical. Connery had it in spades.

Connery in most things (because of his brutish charisma), puts a spell on me; Connery as Bond is unbeatable.

We agree, now that's a feat ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ow !!!!

NSNA
    NSNA

NSNA
    NSNA

Oh, I think we agree on a few more things, Jeremy.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    FYEO/TSWLM - the first two I saw - back-to-back as well. A fantastic and memorable introduction to the world of James Bond.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I like NSNA better than about a third of the EoN films, including three of the Roger Moore movies. But neither TSWLM nor FYEO is in that bottom third of my list. So it's Roger times two in this case.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Ow !!!!

NSNA
    NSNA

NSNA
    NSNA

Oh, I think we agree on a few more things, Jeremy.

I know, I was just teasing a bit. Regarding 'Jeremy' (not my actual name), when I was about 8 and saw The Living Daylights for the first time and the 'heart on ice/diamonds' scene came up, Bond has a fake ID with him with a name in it, which slightly resembles his own: Jerzy Bondov. My profile photo on here is shows the ID. However back then I read it as ' Jeremy Bondon' . Why, I do not know, but it's a fond memory nonetheless.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wasn’t it Jerzy Bondon? That’s how I’ve been reading it all these years!

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    TSWLM over NSNA. We all know why.

For me FYEO is a rather bad outing relative to the other JB films. Although it is an official one, so it edges out NSNA based on that principle alone.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    TSWLM over NSNA. We all know why.

For me FYEO is a rather bad outing relative to the other JB films. Although it is an official one, so it edges out NSNA based on that principle alone.

The same for me please.
    Wasn’t it Jerzy Bondon? That’s how I’ve been reading it all these years!

No comrade, take a look:

yNuLkRk.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Damn... even the first time I read it, I still saw Bondon...
    Doesn't really make much sense, Jerzy Bondov, since the first name is Polish and the last name faux Russian. But maybe like Bond himself was from a Swiss mother and a Scottish father, Mr Bondov could have been half Russian, half Polish ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That Timothy Dalton had the best face for Bond. He is the tougher Hoagy Carmichael with the cruel mouth.
    That Timothy Dalton had the best face for Bond. He is the tougher Hoagy Carmichael with the cruel mouth.

No doubt, Tim has always been my favourite Bond.
    TSWLM over NSNA

FYEO over NSNA
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This thread will include Bond 25 next year.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The results could get skewed due to euphoria, but I suppose it would be impractical to hold off a year or so.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The results could get skewed due to euphoria, but I suppose it would be impractical to hold off a year or so.

Everyone knows that anyway. And other results are skewed due to nostalgia, so it evens out.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Skewed. One sympathises.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Skewed. One sympathises.

Hehe. Good one.