No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    And they’re toying with those who want Elba as Bond now!

l11udx14nx821.jpg
    This is hilarious. It's getting a lot of play today on social media, predictably.
    bondjames wrote: »
    And they’re toying with those who want Elba as Bond now!

l11udx14nx821.jpg
    This is hilarious. It's getting a lot of play today on social media, predictably.

Free Bond marketing!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,400
    A very Bondian affair last night indeed. The photo of Elba is terrific - possibly two Bond's in one snap. Time will tell.

There are some terrific photos of Craig congratulating Whishaw on his win online.

DwTQOU8UUAE3qle.jpg
    DwTQOUzVAAEwMrK.jpg
    DwTQOU8VYAAX-Ad.jpg

Also, Rami Malek is now the favourite to take best actor. Bond would be lucky to get him:

I suppose once Hollywood wakes up after Xmas and the New Year this week, we'll hear some news. Oscar voting has opened up, so I suppose agencies will want to attach name actors to projects asap.

Finally, the Hollywood Reporter have done a profile on the cinematographers in contention for Oscar consideration. I must say that with Linus Sandgren and Cary Fukunaga onboard, we certainly have one of the more photogenic crews in film. It's more like male models than filmmakers. I'm definitely not complaining.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/james-laxton-rachel-morrison-more-at-cinematographer-roundtable-1172673

cinematographers_linussandgren_0076-embed_2019.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    A very Bondian affair last night indeed. The photo of Elba is terrific - possibly two Bond's in one snap. Time will tell.

There are some terrific photos of Craig congratulating Whishaw on his win online.

DwTQOU8UUAE3qle.jpg
    DwTQOUzVAAEwMrK.jpg
    DwTQOU8VYAAX-Ad.jpg

Also, Rami Malek is now the favourite to take best actor. Bond would be lucky to get him:

I suppose once Hollywood wakes up after Xmas and the New Year this week, we'll hear some news. Oscar voting has opened up, so I suppose agencies will want to attach name actors to projects asap.

Congratulations to Ben Wishaw and lovely pictures as well thanks for sharing it.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 9,779
    It looks like this thread a lived to die another day...

Sorry I had to
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,450

DwTQOU8UUAE3qle.jpg
    DwTQOUzVAAEwMrK.jpg

tumblr_md0ygcVnVE1qk63b8o6_250.gif

80848283-352-k764558.jpg

AN34927030Mandatory-Credit-.jpg?w968

Are you stil live on pink cloud Mr Bond ? A Child in the water, a face in the mirror, a pink cloud is another way to die.

tumblr_mk3r19HR6Z1r9pt1so1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Great to see this thread has livened up a bit. I like the idea of Rami Malek being a villain
    DC is looking sharp, can't wait for 2019 has in store for Bond, hopefully we get some more credible rumours by Feb
    Fingers crossed Jeffrey Wright is back as Felix
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

l11udx14nx821.jpg
    "When is your Bond film coming out, Idris?"
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Who else was at DC and RW's table? I know that Emma Stone and Olivia Colman were. So was Willem Dafoe, whose head is turned in the photo. (Imagine if DC talked him into being a villain. Dafoe is tremendous...but now perhaps too associated with comic book characters.)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Who else was at DC and RW's table? I know that Emma Stone and Olivia Colman were. So was Willem Dafoe, whose head is turned in the photo. (Imagine if DC talked him into being a villain. Dafoe is tremendous...but now perhaps too associated with comic book characters.)

He actually was a Bond villain in the 2004 video game Everything or Nothing, which also starred Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, John Cleese, and Heidi Klum.

He actually was a Bond villain in the 2004 video game Everything or Nothing, which also starred Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, John Cleese, and Heidi Klum.

That game wasn't too bad actually.
    Craig asked Mendes at a party if he wanted do direct skyfall. Anything is possible.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,423
    You know? For some reason we don't hear much from Gregg Wilson, I wonder what he's up to.

Last we heard from him was at that car exhibition where he said they were figuring out the plot two years ago.
    You know? For some reason we don't hear much from Gregg Wilson, I wonder what he's up to.

Last we heard from him was at that car exhibition where he said they were figuring out the plot two years ago.
    He (just like Barbara Broccoli's daughter) doesn't seem that interested in Bond. No wonder BB & MWG want to sell the franchise!
    He (just like Barbara Broccoli's daughter) doesn't seem that interested in Bond. No wonder BB & MWG want to sell the franchise!
    To tell you the truth, it won't surprise me.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Nonsense. He’s a producer on B25 and he will be officially taking over his father’s position on B26.
    Has he (Gregg Wilson) ever spoken in length or detail about Bond in interviews? Would be interesting to read if so.
    Are you insane? Gregg Wilson doesn't seem interested in Bond?? Have you guys read Some Kind of Hero? Have you watched his interviews online? That @PanchitoPistoles says that to further extend his hate for Barbara and the family is normal, but et tu @ClarkDevlin? Really?

Again, they DONT want to sell the franchise. Michael G. Wilson has health issues but has always loved the job, and his son loves the job as well. I know this from a good source, btw. Barbara adores making Bond, and they have been insanely successful at doing so.

@PanchitoPistoles just fantasises that they'll sell to Christopher Nolan and that he'll be doing Bond films every two years for the rest of his life. That is insane! Even Nolan wouldn't want that kind of wall to lean against.

This is the last family business alive in the business and they know that and appreciate it. If there's problems in the distribution and studio world, I guarantee there are none in the production offices. Barbara's daughter doesn't have that much interest - or so they allude to in SKOH - but Gregg is another matter. And they have cousins and other members of the family that work in other departments.

We should be grateful for this family and for their efforts. This vitriol against Barbara is ridiculous. And the continuing compulsive repetition of it is annoying as hell.

Moving on. Daniel looks great. Anyone knows if he had a red carpet interview snippet or something?
    Stranger things have happened, @Univex. I'm not saying they will sell the franchise pronto. But, I'm not dismissing the idea that it could happen. Many things have happened that once we never would've believed would happen and perhaps laugh it out of court. They happened, however. I would never be certain about anything these days. Just saying.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    peter wrote: »

Nonsense. He’s a producer on B25 and he will be officially taking over his father’s position on B26.
    I truly hope you are wrong. Obviously my dream scenario would be the great Christopher Nolan and the great Emma Thomas taking over the reins, but I could name DOSENS of producers who would do a better job at producing Bond movies than the team made up of Barabra Broccoli and Gregg Wilson would.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

I truly hope you are wrong. Obviously my dream scenario would be the great Christopher Nolan and the great Emma Thomas taking over the reins, but I could name DOSENS of producers who would do a better job at producing Bond movies than the team made up of Barabra Broccoli and Gregg Wilson would.

You're starting to give me a headache.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677

What on earth is a Dosen Producer?

I plan on mentioning it on page 2004

Hahahahahahahaha Bond 25 will be Shatterhand perhaps you should start your leaving now
    Remington wrote: »

You're starting to give me a headache.

Right?
  • In other Bond 25 news....

Cary Joji Fukunaga nominated for DGA Award for 'Maniac'
    http://collider.com/dga-tv-nominations-2019-bill-hader-donald-glover/
    cary-fukunaga-maniac-600x400.jpg

The DGA Awards take place on 2 February, so I suspect CJF will be too busy to attend. I've not yet caught up with this show, but with 'Maniac'; l ensure to do so when I have some time off next month.

Also, Dave Bautista's return is growing unlikely since he's scored a leading role in Denis Villenueve's upcoming and highly-anticipated 'Dune'

Only time will tell. Obviously after B25 they'll have to make choices to determine the future of the franchise. There are new players - big players I might add - in town. Bond isn't the only big franchise enjoying the spotlight, there have been other and more popular intellectual properties stripping the financial joint of smaller films from gaining attention, hence some productions with great potential are getting tossed around unnoticed.

Think of it this way, it took them five years to release a film (soon to happen, that is). There have discussions, concerns and a lot of talk on how to keep the franchise alive and not succumb into a flop or underperformance. Nerds and geeks will go and see the popular superhero flick that's been advertised, whereas Bond is for a limited crowd who are smaller in number compared to the Fast & Furious audience. They'll have to keep the interest in exposure somehow, and that's going to need fresh blood one day.

Talking about Gregg Wilson, he hasn't produced a film yet. He's yet to. What if he finds out he isn't cut out for the job? What if there are no successors? David Wilson, who was in charge of producing the last three Activision-published Bond games, bailed out. He either found out he wasn't cut out for it, or lost his interest in the business. David was also involved in the production of Royale.

All I'm saying is that nothing is to be taken for granted. It won't be Eon's family business forever, even if they won't sell it anytime soon. The franchise will enter public domain in forty years time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Also, Dave Bautista's return is growing unlikely since he's scored a leading role in Denis Villenueve's upcoming and highly-anticipated 'Dune'
    I'm relieved to read this.
    Less than 2 months away from filming, we should expect to get lots of big news very soon. Really itching to learn about cast, locations, and title.
    Really looking forward to the period of news we're entering too.
    Univex wrote: »

What on earth is a Dosen Producer?
    A non-native English speaker made a spelling error! Outrageous!
    Univex wrote: »
    Again, they DONT want to sell the franchise.
    Does it REALLY have to be repeated every month that the very people who run this site have confirmed that the "EON is considering selling the franchise after Bond 25" rumour is not a baseless rumour?