No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    00Agent wrote: »
    When do you guys think we'll get the first trailer? Later Summer maybe?
    Even though i will do everything in my power to keep me from watching it.

Hobbs & Shaw - almost certainly, so you're talking August 2018.

In other news, Daniel Craig has been trending on Twitter today:

I would say July because SP teaser was released in March within 4 months of shooting
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    February 28- Title and cast announced
    March 4- filming begins
    June 11- teaser poster revealed
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster
    February 14- Film releases
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I would say July because SP teaser was released in March within 4 months of shooting

SP also came out in October as opposed to the following February, which is something to consider. The release dates are different and that's more of a factor in marketing.

I imagine a teaser attached to Hobbs & Shaw in August with a full trailer coming before Christmas, attached to another big Universal release - none spring to mind, though.
  • peterpeter Toronto

SP also came out in October as opposed to the following February, which is something to consider. The release dates are different and that's more of a factor in marketing.

I imagine a teaser attached to Hobbs & Shaw in August with a full trailer coming before Christmas, attached to another big Universal release - none spring to mind, though.

This sounds like a realistic unravelling.
    What a year this will be, eh?

Fair point.... Christmas could be too long for full trailer but that would build the anticipation but I will try to avoid any BTS or film clip to avoid any spoiler this time.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    (Here's one positive post for the last Craig entry. A full circle sentiment).
    Here's to a brilliant production year!
    tumblr_pjk5tqxHDv1t7qlhfo2_500.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Bring loose/baggy Brioni suits back? :D
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Don't start ;)

Actually, when I first saw that silenced ppk, I was happy as a fan can be. And that must be said of the Craig era, it brought back all the classic elements, from the DB5 (don't start with the DB5 hate, it's a brilliant car and it suits the literary Bond, who loved to attend to his classic Bentley), to the ppk, to some aesthetic choices. It's been brilliant in that department.
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

I'd say that's probably very accurate.

My expectations for this film have become considerably higher than previous Craig entries.
    As Craig's most likely final Bond, not only does it have to exceed expectations and make up for the incredibly long gap, it also has to have the best PTS, title sequence, theme song, villain, and Bond girl in the Craig era. I fully expect it to surpass even CR in quality.
    It also has to make up for every screwed up gunbarrel sequence since DAD.........and make up for that one in spades as well. Only CR gets a pass from me in that respect.

Considering as a movie fan I'll take even my least favorite Bond entry over something like the BOURNE series or TDK trilogy any day..............then the pressure is on Fukunaga.

IMO, after this long wait.........................and all this build up....................false starts and set backs................Boyle................waiting for Craig to make up his damned mind...........................

BOND 25 needs to be the greatest movie in cinematic history.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Fair point.... Christmas could be too long for full trailer but that would build the anticipation but I will try to avoid any BTS or film clip to avoid any spoiler this time.

I suppose it depends on how many trailers we eventually get, too. We got three trailers for SP. Usually I'm happy enough with two.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

My expectations for this film have become considerably higher than previous Craig entries.
    As Craig's most likely final Bond, not only does it have to exceed expectations and make up for the incredibly long gap, it also has to have the best PTS, title sequence, theme song, villain, and Bond girl in the Craig era. I fully expect it to surpass even CR in quality.
    It also has to make up for every screwed up gunbarrel sequence since DAD.........and make up for that one in spades as well. Only CR gets a pass from me in that respect.

Considering as a movie fan I'll take even my least favorite Bond entry over something like the BOURNE series or TDK trilogy any day..............then the pressure is on Fukunaga.

IMO, after this long wait.........................and all this build up....................false starts and set backs................Boyle................waiting for Craig to make up his damned mind...........................

I agree, but it probably won't with Fukunaga at the helm in my opinion.
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

B positive (even if it's not my blood group). Don't raise your expectations too high and B+ you will enjoy it beyond imagination.
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

Why on earth don't you like CJF?
    What I'd like most from this entry is rest assured, that the future of the franchise is in safe hands and and more Bond films will be coming out sooner than later.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,168
    Univex wrote: »
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

I don't dislike him, I just think he's a bad choice for the moment. To me, it's pushing Bond further into artsy, post-modern (hipster) territory. My expectations are very low, and will stay there until I see something which can give me encouragement.
    Personally I don't mind not knowing much about Bond 25 after the sony leaks fiasco on Spectre.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The December 12 Production Weekly journal still lists BOND 25 working title as SHATTERHAND.

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1122-thursday-december-13-2018-122-listings-26-pages/?hilite='bond','25'
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

I don't dislike him, I just think he's a bad choice for the moment. To me, it's pushing Bond further into artsy, post-modern (hipster) territory. My expectations are very low, and will stay there until I see something which can give me encouragement.

I think while I wouldn't use those choice of words, I think it's exactly what James Bond needs at this point. A contemporary, relevant director who can handle well the balance of the art and the story.

It happened with Skyfall. They got Sam Mendes alongside Roger Deakins and produced a beautiful and structured story, with success. I think the same will come of this. We have Cary Joji Fukunagaand Linus Sandgrenwith possibility of having Rami Malek as a villain, we have the chance to do right whatever wrongs were done with Lea Seydoux as an actress in Spectre. Also, can we just take a minute to appreciate the fact that the production designer from High-Rise and Phantom Thread, Mark Tildesley, is working on this film?

This is just a couple of the sets from High-Rise:

how-to-make-architecture-animation-the-of-high-rise-set-designer-salary-architect-film-los-angeles-in-industry-famous-india-foundation.jpg
    high-rise-2015-004-jeremy-thomas-ben-wheatley-on-dining-set.jpg?itok=_xzGJDsc

Personally, I cannot wait to be blown out of the water by this next installment. Let's just hope I haven't jinxed it ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Don't start ;)

Actually, when I first saw that silenced ppk, I was happy as a fan can be. And that must be said of the Craig era, it brought back all the classic elements, from the DB5 (don't start with the DB5 hate, it's a brilliant car and it suits the literary Bond, who loved to attend to his classic Bentley), to the ppk, to some aesthetic choices. It's been brilliant in that department.
    Never hated the DB5 inclusion, @Univex. In fact, very very surprisingly, I'm one of the very few members who holds it as an icon to the Bond mania in league with the PPK and the tuxedo that define Bond's outlook. I'm happy with the DB5.

Many would argue with bringing Lotus Esprit back or others, but the subsequent cars post-1965 can't even hold a candle to the cars of the late 50s and early 60s. DB5 is in entirely a different league than anything that came after.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Denbigh We don't know at this point whether Tildesley is still on board or not. He was Boyle's man. He likely left the movie when Boyle was fired.
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

Fukunaga is NOT at the helm. WIth Boyle directing, Bond 25 would have been "a Danny Boyle movie". Ever since they fired Boyle, Bond 25 has been "a Barbara Broccoli movie".
  • Thankfully @marketto007 has extracted the video clip of Malek talking:

He seems very enthusiastic about the role. Also, he seems a tad coy. If he had turned the part down due to scheduling he could have said something to that effect. However he chooses to be much more ambiguous.

He's a little cheeky and evasive. Personally, I think there must be some kind of behind the scenes moves to get him in the film.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

I've been hearing in a number of threads that Craig was never Bond but you say what you like but that pictures screams JAMES BOND to me and I've been a fan of this series since 1977.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,168
    Based on that clip, you can definitely tell that Malek has been approached for playing a Bond villain. Whether he has accepted the role, only time will tell.

But, probably yes.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Based on that clip, you can definitely tell that Malek has been approached for playing a Bond villain. Whether he has accepted the role, only time will tell.

But, probably yes.

I think it was mentioned when Malek's name was originally mentioned as a potential villian but he does have an identical twin. Could this be a key for standing in during filming of either Bond25 or Mr. Robot and solve the scheduling conflict? Unlikely but would be a creative solution
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Denbigh We don't know at this point whether Tildesley is still on board or not. He was Boyle's man. He likely left the movie when Boyle was fired.
    Just a guess

Bond 25 schedule
    March 4- filming begins
    June 21- teaser trailer
    October 16- Trailer
    December 12- poster

Fukunaga is NOT at the helm. WIth Boyle directing, Bond 25 would have been "a Danny Boyle movie". Ever since they fired Boyle, Bond 25 has been "a Barbara Broccoli movie".

Oh I wasn't aware :/

Well now I'm excited to learn who will be attached, I wonder if they'll just get Dennis Gassner back.
    B25 has always been a Barbara Broccoli movie, its just that Boyle wasnt gonna take being dictated to about everything.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    The New York Film Academy seems to be shooting a 'Bond 25 spec teaser trailer' and I have no idea what that means. https://backstage.com/casting/james-bond-bond-25-spec-teaser-trailer-234202/

As said above, this teaser is commissioned by the NYFA and will be directed this July by a film student called Hector Magana, who has filmed several shorts over the years.

Now here's where it gets interesting with the description: The premise is Bond's return to work, showing everything that our favorite spy is: Cars, suits, martinis, girls, and guns. All of this, presented by the most iconic Bond brand: Aston Martin. This is a workshop as part of an assignment for the New York Film Academy."

Based on that it sounds like a commercial-type teaser for AM... but for what purpose and for what audience? Might it be a commercial that becomes public in the lead up to B25 (like other product placement brands traditionally produce)? Or is this simply a film student's project? But if that is the case, then why specifically mention Bond 25?

Thoughts?

Turns out the 'Bond 25 spec teaser trailer' I found last July was simply a pretend "Bond 25" teaser made by a film student for fun. You can tell the project was produced before EON changed the release date because it says it will be out in the fall of 2019. Thankfully that should prevent people from believing this project is legitimate (if it spreads).

So because of this, I thought I'd go ahead and update on this bit of news for the sake of posterity. Fill in the missing gaps etc.. It's titled "Return of Bond", but I can't find it on Youtube. You'll need to search for it on that movie database and then there's an additional Google Drive link with the video.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Shardlake wrote: »

I've been hearing in a number of threads that Craig was never Bond but you say what you like but that pictures screams JAMES BOND to me and I've been a fan of this series since 1977.
    He looks totally different when he's in the role. I never took issue with his appearance.
    Don't start ;)

Never hated the DB5 inclusion, @Univex. In fact, very very surprisingly, I'm one of the very few members who holds it as an icon to the Bond mania in league with the PPK and the tuxedo that define Bond's outlook. I'm happy with the DB5.

Many would argue with bringing Lotus Esprit back or others, but the subsequent cars post-1965 can't even hold a candle to the cars of the late 50s and early 60s. DB5 is in entirely a different league than anything that came after.

Oh, I know, @ClarkDevlin, the "don't start with the hate for..." was meant for other members. I know that a group of us, you included, adore the cars of the late 50s and early 60s, particularly the DB5, the e-type, the MGs,...