Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

This man is the next 007,nobody else comes close :

31DDC15%2BDay%2B27%2BBond%2Ba.jpg
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    The Daily mail should stop with their idiocy. Madden is no Bond and will never be Bond. Leiter perhaps, but that's it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's certainly rumour with no foundation. no one at Eon would be so insensitive at this stage of production.

As to Madden being too short. I think he's the same height as Craig? Or thereabouts.
    NicNac wrote: »
    It's certainly rumour with no foundation. no one at Eon would be so insensitive at this stage of production.

As to Madden being too short. I think he's the same height as Craig? Or thereabouts.

Exactly this. Indeed, Madden is one whole centimeter shorter than Craig, ha ha.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    NicNac wrote: »

I agree, and yes, he is approximately the same height as Craig. From my perspective at least, that rules him out for Bond #007. By process of elimination and review of what was published yesterday, I can say with some assurance that he won't be the next man.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Knowing Eon, obvious names will never be cast as Bond.

Latest example, who in the world was expecting Cary Fukunaga's appointment as the next film's director? ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that if Christopher Nolan directs B26 then Tom Hardy will be the next James Bond. It's too hard to tell at the ment what direction they will take. Looking back, after an actor quits there is always a period of metamorphosis. But I've examined blockbusters carefully and there is a new emergent style which we can see in what films are popular now, and it seems like sombre is out and stylish is in. Tom Hardy has just found a new level of fame by single handedly carrying the venom movie to success so he is positioned now to take over from Daniel Craig, however I think this will be only the case if Christopher Nolan is also the director on B26 considering he has stated that Hardy would make a perfect Bond in the past, and we also know that Nolan likes to work with the same actors and Hardy is his go-to man at the moment. So if Nolan is brought in, we can be confident that means Hardy will be Bond, but honestly at the moment it's too hard to tell which course they will take, and hnlonestly feel like a lot has to do with how Bond 25 performs and what the reaction is by the public.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    God not Hardy. He is a terrific actor, but not right for Bond. Out of the usual suspects I would lean towards Henry Cavill, at a push Dan Stevens.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Are people really taking this rumour seriously?

I imagine the general public who don't really Bond will believe just about anything.

In fact, once B25 actually begins filming many will be baffled and confused that Craig is still playing Bond: "What happened to the Idris Elba Bond film?", "I thought Loki was the new Bond!" and so forth.

Yes, but they will cling to the same "news channels" just the same, and when the next made up news are presented, they will lap it up again.
    Hardy looks like a handsome bouncer, but yeah, that's quite it frankly.
    Firstly, @Mendes4Lyfe, you're under the misguided notion that "if" Nolan was to direct B26, that he'd immediately fall back on casting someone in the key role that he's worked with before. Notice how Matthew McConaughey in the lead role of Cooper in Interstellar hadn't previously worked with Nolan before that. Note how Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception also hadn't made a movie with Nolan before. Some would argue that Fionn Whitehead was the lead in Dunkirk, so the same thing applies there. Sure, Nolan does have a habit of casting actors that he's worked with in supporting roles in "some" of his movies, but that doesn't immediately equate to him casting an established name that he's already worked with in the lead role as 007. Of course, it's a big "if" whether Nolan ever gets near a Bond movie to begin with.

Secondly, don't you think that Barbra Broccoli will have a big say in who gets to play the lead role in her own film series, rather than Nolan? Personally, I'd like to think Nolan would show a bit more imagination than simply opting for Hardy as 007. As for the examples I've given above, I don't think he would cast Hardy.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Hardy is so wrong for Bond it's ridiculous, I've never been able to see why he would be suitable.

Also Bond should always be an up and comer not someone who has the no. 1 film at the box office at the moment.

Also I don't think Nolan is going to get anywhere near Bond unless BB & MGW sell the property on.

I really don't think Nolan would be able to work with the constraints of EON, he'd want complete control and he's only going to get that when or if EON is no longer making these and a big studio has taken over the series.

I don't see EON giving it up, not now or even in the future, maybe in decades it might happen but I think Barbara wants to continue to make these films, regardless of some of you wanting her out.

Bond is in the best place.
    Prediction: Bond number 7 will be as unpredictable as Craig was. And that's fine, because I don't like any of the so call candidates so far. None.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    Prediction: Bond number 7 will be as unpredictable as Craig was. And that's fine, because I don't like any of the so call candidates so far. None.

I am probably of this opinion too since, as Ralph says to Judy-- I am sentimental about the incumbent (he was the type of performance I've been waiting for since King Connery-- and then some).

However, the good @Shardlake has mentioned an actor I don't know too much about, so i will check out THE GUEST and THE APOSTLE.
    Univex wrote: »
    Prediction: Bond number 7 will be as unpredictable as Craig was.
    I agree. I think he will certainly be a surprise to most when announced. The circumstances and rationale for the pick will also likely be different, because the Bond character and franchise is arguably at a different stage these days in comparison to where it was in 2006. The only probable constant is that he will bring a distinct and memorable new interpretation to the role. I think that will be an essential casting requirement.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 1,661
    A source told The Sun: ‘It’s seriously looking like he [Madden] is going to get the job. ‘Not only is he on top of Barbara’s list, but she is preparing to offer the role.’

Bond 26 won't be out until 2022/2023 so that's a long time to prepare to offer the role!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited October 2018 Posts: 8,066
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    A source told The Sun: ‘It’s seriously looking like he [Madden] is going to get the job. ‘Not only is he on top of Barbara’s list, but she is preparing to offer the role.’

Bond 26 won't be out until 2022/2023 so that's a long time to prepare to offer the role!
    If one would assume the culprit is known.

But other then beeing the fantasy of aspiring actors, there is no-one who can actually prepare, as he hasn't been cast yet. And that will take up to 2021 at least.

Found this poll while searching for something else on IMDb. Can't say any of these names would get my vote.
    https://www.imdb.com/poll/elhmay_BPGw/?ref_=tt_po_q1
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh dear. I’ll concur, none of them float my boat with any sort of excitement.
    Thankfully not something we have to worry about now.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    An interesting list, but I doubt any of those fellas will get the gig.

Bond #007 is safe, but the chap after that is where we may have to worry, at the rate that impressions of what constitutes masculinity appear to be changing.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2018 Posts: 8,072
    If they want to go with a more traditional Bond, along with Turner, Hemsworth is still my first choice; looking at most of the other “candidates “ he is a man among boys. He’s got the right look, including height, just the right level of fame, is a competent, improving actor with loads of charisma. Wfh5m31.png
    Benny wrote: »
    Oh dear. I’ll concur, none of them float my boat with any sort of excitement.
    Thankfully not something we have to worry about now.

Indeed!
    bondjames wrote: »
    An interesting list, but I doubt any of those fellas will get the gig.

Bond #007 is safe, but the chap after that is where we may have to worry, at the rate that impressions of what constitutes masculinity appears to be changing.

Sure hope you are right about that, @bondjames!
    talos7 wrote: »
    If they want to go with a more traditional Bond, along with Turner, Hemsworth is still my first choice; looking at most of the other “candidates “ he is a man among boys. He’s got the right look, including height, just the right level of fame, is a competent, improving actor with loads of charisma. Wfh5m31.png

You know I have been coming around to Chris more and more
  • Found this poll while searching for something else on IMDb. Can't say any of these names would get my vote.

What an oddly eclectic and interesting list...most of the names are a little odd, but I'm rather intrigued by Rafi Gavron. I've not heard of the actor before, but he has a great look and I can imagine a casting director looking at him and seeing a Bond in the Daniel Craig-mould.

He has that 'bad boy' flavour that really resonates with audiences. He's got a bit of Tom Hardy and Craig in him. He's also very handsome and I can imagine male and female audiences taking to him greatly.

Looking over his IMDB, it seems he is a real up-and-comer, so perhaps he could be someone in the mix:

MV5BMTM2MjMxNzM2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkwMDk5Nw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    new-york-ny-usa-26th-july-2016-rafi-gavron-at-arrivals-for-the-land-GEK8N5.jpg

Of course, we could just get Cary Fukunaga to play Bond...

Cary-Fukunaga-GQ-September-2018_02.jpg
    The list looks like a joke.
    Found this poll while searching for something else on IMDb. Can't say any of these names would get my vote.

What an oddly eclectic and interesting list...most of the names are a little odd, but I'm rather intrigued by Rafi Gavron. I've not heard of the actor before, but he has a great look and I can imagine a casting director looking at him and seeing a Bond in the Daniel Craig-mould.

He has that 'bad boy' flavour that really resonates with audiences. He's got a bit of Tom Hardy and Craig in him. He's also very handsome and I can imagine male and female audiences taking to him greatly.

Looking over his IMDB, it seems he is a real up-and-comer, so perhaps he could be someone in the mix:

MV5BMTM2MjMxNzM2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkwMDk5Nw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    new-york-ny-usa-26th-july-2016-rafi-gavron-at-arrivals-for-the-land-GEK8N5.jpg

Of course, we could just get Cary Fukunaga to play Bond...

Cary-Fukunaga-GQ-September-2018_02.jpg

I think Fukunaga could be a better pick than that list, haha! Don't know about this Gavron guy. I get a bit of soap drama vibes from pictures of him. Don't know why.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes, I just hope one of them doesn’t end up the punchline!

talos7 wrote: »
    Yes, I just hope one of them doesn’t end up the punchline!

Who knows, it has happened before.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Dan Stevens is by far the best guy for the job and get Gareth Evans to direct and you've got one hell of a Bond film on your hands.
    I cast a vote for Robert Pattinson just so I could view the results.

They were
    1 Nicholas Hoult
    2 Alfie Allen
    3 Kit Harrington

Pattinson at 18, not that I want him as Bond, mind you.