Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Stevens is my number one now, he'd be so much better than Hardy, Turner and Cavill put together.

Barbara overuled Campbell for good reason on Cavill, may BB & MGW continue to reign just to keep that block of wood away from the role.

I think Cavill would be a good choice. He was excellent in MI: Fallout and The Tudors. He was poor in The Man From Uncle, though.

Possibly the type of actor that needs to be enthused by the material?

Definitely don't want Hardy. Excellent actor, but not right for Bond.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Just caught an old Graham Norton interview with Jamie Dornan. Damn: he had Bond written all over him. Maybe he still does. But I think Fifty Shades killed off his chances.

If Dornan is cast as Bond, sign me up to "Jamie Dornan is not Bond" right away. And the movie that made him famous should have been called One Shade of Beige.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Just caught an old Graham Norton interview with Jamie Dornan. Damn: he had Bond written all over him. Maybe he still does. But I think Fifty Shades killed off his chances.

If Dornan is cast as Bond, sign me up to "Jamie Dornan is not Bond" right away. And the movie that made him famous should have been called One Shade of Beige.

*one shade of acting, too
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Dornan should just stick to pleasing the horny fan fiction teenagers crowd.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Dornan would be a worse Bond than Norman Wisdom.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Dornan would be a worse Bond than Norman Wisdom.
    Haha, ain't that the truth?

Or their mother.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Or their mother.

That is more common, I think.
    I just don’t get the issues with Hardy but I guess we all have different opinion honestly I am glad I am not Babs as no matter what she does it seems half the fan base is going to be pissed
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just don’t get the issues with Hardy but I guess we all have different opinion honestly I am glad I am not Babs as no matter what she does it seems half the fan base is going to be pissed

There is always a chance there will be more than that.
    Or their mother.
    Unfortunately.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Or their mother.
    Unfortunately.
    Undoubtedly.

Which is fine. You can't please everyone, and we live in an increasingly opinionated, expressive and uncompromising world. It will be up to the actor in question to step up and deliver a convincing, new interpretation of the character. I've been of the impression that this has been a long time coming, and so I look forward enthusiastically to their eventual choice. I've pretty much liked all of the 6 so far to varying degrees, so after perhaps an initial period of disappointment if it's not one of my favourites, I'm sure I can come around. If anything, I'm more concerned with watering down of the character to accommodate activists and a global market.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Never seen that Dornan fellow in anything, so I can't comment on his acting. At age 36 Bond 26 needs to be produced not that long after Bond 25 for him to at all be a candidate, I think. Same goes for every candidate (likely or not) in that age group.

…unless they want to go for a slightly older actor for Bond – perhaps doing only 3-4 films. Having an actor only for three films is something I find interesting. The guy won't stick around long enough for people to grow tired, and he'll maybe want people wanting more.
    Let's hope B25 gets produced first. :))
    Let's hope B25 gets produced first. :))

Hahaha, good point :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    …unless they want to go for a slightly older actor for Bond – perhaps doing only 3-4 films. Having an actor only for three films is something I find interesting. The guy won't stick around long enough for people to grow tired, and he'll maybe want people wanting more.
    This would be my preference. Start older and finish sooner. No point dragging another one out.
    bondjames wrote: »
    This would be my preference. Start older and finish sooner. No point dragging another one out.

It would also open up the possibility for some actors who otherwise might not be considered due to age – like Fassbender for example (who's most likely too old now, no matter when Bond 26 starts production).

It would also open up the possibility for some actors who otherwise might not be considered due to age – like Fassbender for example (who's most likely too old now, no matter when Bond 26 starts production).

I would rather have three films with Fassbender than eight films with some tween nobody .

I would rather have three films with Fassbender than eight films with some tween nobody .

Exactly. My preferable timeline would have been Craig CR-SF, and Fassbender (or Luke Evans) in a totally different SP - playing the part for two more films after that.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

True, didn't really work with the first guy cast in the role either.... oh wait....
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Those ripping on Dornan obviously didn't see him in The Fall. Terrific show.

I'm sure he's very good there but in the end he's now infamous for a rubbish "trilogy" of S&M chick flicks of poor quality.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I'm sure he's very good there but in the end he's now infamous for a rubbish "trilogy" of S&M chick flicks of poor quality.

Hence why I said the role of Christian Grey killed whatever shot he had at Bond. Too bad.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A favorite of some as a potential Bond may have another iconic role.

https://screenrant.com/batman-movie-casting-rumor-jack-oconnell/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Batman? That's really odd casting
    I hope that's not true. I'd rather they keep Affleck.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    They may be going with a younger actor to set the movie at an earlier time.
    I could go far enough to imagine Jack O´Connell as Bond, despite height and voice issues, but Batman is so out of the Question I wonder why I react at all.
    Why not let Henry Cavill have dual roles? :)) =))
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I could go far enough to imagine Jack O´Connell as Bond, despite height and voice issues, but Batman is so out of the Question I wonder why I react at all.

I can only imagine O'Connell as "Whiny pedestrian #2".

Okay, I'm just being snarky. He is a good actor, but not quite "hero" material in my opinion.