Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

Tanya Roberts' stunt double in AVTAK.

Tanya-Roberts-Stunt-Double-Still.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,104
    :))

Here is a picture of Denise Richards stunt double...

4-Inch-Wood-Yoga-Block.jpg

Talking of stunt doubles here is Tom Cruise with his, its a interesting look into the mindset of a stunt double...

Them Laughing at the end :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Birdleson wrote: »

That was good.

Tongue firmly in cheek, Denise is not all bad.
    Kara 'Brain-dead' Milovy's stunt double :

4795228-large-mop-upside-down-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »

The hair is spot on :))

giphy.gif
    Martin Grace's dialogue scene double in AVTAK.

img_dca80c2feeaff66a6554dd2d3d8b78b8130776.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto

The hair is spot on :))

More like the physique is spot on
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    :))

More like Barbara Bach. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mattjoes wrote: »

In the shower scene?
    mattjoes wrote: »

In the shower scene?

Suddenly, the idea of dropping the soap became very unattractive to Bond.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Perfectly understandable reaction, @DarthDimi. It's an intolerable situation. Do people like these ever reflect about what they are doing?

Cruelty has no age. I'm happy bullying is starting to be recognized as a serious problem around the world.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Indeed, @mattjoes.
    Look, bullying is terrible but when the victim is entirely defenceless, I think another boundary has been overstepped. Personally, I feel this is going far beyond the mere school sanction system. The law has to step in. I'm not talking imprisonment; I'm talking two or three years of hard and confrontational community services. Let the bully experience the other side of life.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Spent some time last week downsizing my DVD collection – selling some DVD's, giving away some, and putting much of the rest in plastic sleeves rather than cases (work in progress, as I've ordered more sleeves).

This weekend I also went through some of my comic book collection, deciding on getting rid of most of it - knowing I might regret it. That got me thinking: many here on the forum are collectors of films, Bond items, etc. How do you organize all your stuff, and do you have any smart solutions for saving space?

Also; does anyone have any experience with plastic sleeves for CD's? Thinking of giving my CD collection the same treatment as the film collection, with sleeves that have space for tray cards and booklets.

Edit: thought about making this a thread, but figured it isn't much of a topic.
    Spent some time last week downsizing my DVD collection – selling some DVD's, giving away some, and putting much of the rest in plastic sleeves rather than cases (work in progress, as I've ordered more sleeves).

This weekend I also went through some of my comic book collection, deciding on getting rid of most of it - knowing I might regret it. That got me thinking: many here on the forum are collectors of films, Bond items, etc. How do you organize all your stuff, and do you have any smart solutions for saving space?

Also; does anyone have any experience with plastic sleeves for CD's? Thinking of giving my CD collection the same treatment as the film collection, with sleeves that have space for tray cards and booklets.

Things I won't use regularly are in large plastic containers, I have got rid of alot I mean alot of music and memorabilia in the past and regretted it. If you can compact store it I would recommend that.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I am not surprised that is horrendous.

Things I won't use regularly are in large plastic containers, I have got rid of alot I mean alot of music and memorabilia in the past and regretted it. If you can compact store it I would recommend that.

Yeah, storing stuff in sleeves gives me the opportunity to keep some of the stuff, at least. Three DVD shelves were downsized to two shoe box sized wooden crates, with place to spare. Will be difficult getting rid of the comics, but there's no other way, unfortunately.

Yeah, storing stuff in sleeves gives me the opportunity to keep some of the stuff, at least. Three DVD shelves were downsized to two shoe box sized wooden crates, with place to spare. Will be difficult getting rid of the comics, but there's no other way, unfortunately.

Is there anywhere local or online you can sell the comics? So you can recoup some money.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,241

Is there anywhere local or online you can sell the comics? So you can recoup some money.

I'll try yo sell some of it if I see there's a little to be made, but most of the comics don't have much value other than that there's a lot of them. Trying to keep more collectible items, such as hardcover comic books, etc.

Need to have a look at my book collection too, come to think of it. No doubt that will be just as difficult downsizing as the comic book collection. Sometimes I wish my hobbies didn't involve collecting things, haha!

I'll try yo sell some of it if I see there's a little to be made, but most of the comics don't have much value other than that there's a lot of them. Trying to keep more collectible items, such as hardcover comic books, etc.

Need to have a look at my book collection too, come to think of it. No doubt that will be just as difficult downsizing as the comic book collection. Sometimes I wish my hobbies didn't involve collecting things, haha!

One good thing about the digital age you can get downloads of most things. I have been recouping much of what I lost though its been fun rediscovering music and books etc.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CAPTION CONTEST
    faster-pussycat-kill-kill-1108x0-c-default.jpg
    CAPTION CONTEST
    faster-pussycat-kill-kill-1108x0-c-default.jpg
    I only asked for your phone number
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You're not married by any chance are you?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,104
    @Murdock hey mate looking to get some audio/music editing software, what can you recommend? Cheers
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I use Audacity. It's free and simple to use. :)
    Murdock wrote: »

Free I like the sound of that. Nice one I'll have look online. Noticed when browsing some software is very expensive.

Free I like the sound of that. Nice one I'll have look online. Noticed when browsing some software is very expensive.

Yeah some of those softwares can be really expensive. I've used Audacity for 10 years now and it's never let me down.

Yeah some of those softwares can be really expensive. I've used Audacity for 10 years now and it's never let me down.

At work at moment though will get it on my pc when home, just reading the website sounds ideal for what I need.