No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Wouldn't be supris d if craig walks away next.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »

This is exactly what I am most concerned about.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,261
    I'd also prefer, that the Craig-Bond-arc should be completed, so that a new Bond actor can start from scratch. And I also believe, that EON already hired a new director, but want to wait before they publish the name.
    Univex wrote: »
    You know what? I have a good feeling about all of this this. Really. Don't ask me why. Now if only they would ditch that Russian baddie/Mahori Henchman ideia/cliché, and the Namibia locations (yes, its beautiful, but I keep getting Tomb Raider Cradle of Life flashbacks - yes, I know it was Kenya and poorly done), I'd be even happier. But I guess they are ditching all of that. Well, if so, good. P&W back, oh well, family, what can we do? But really, a good feeling about it all.

Not too bothered with the Russian baddie/Mahori Henchman idea myself, but as you I choose to stay positive until it's impossible to be so. Any of the director names mentioned lately looks interesting enough to me – although different writers than Purvis/Wade could have been interesting. Oh, well.

Precisely. Who's to say the original P&W script wasn't interesting, albeit not groundbreaking nor shocking? And that Layton fella seems like an interesting choice, very avant guarde, I'd say. And to tell you the truth, none of the news (or something that passed as news) that came out while Boyle was directing seemed remotely interesting to me.
    Honestly I’ll be bummed out if we end up with a direct sequel to SPECTRE. Hopefully whatever we get, it’s more original and exciting than SP. I’d prefer the organization to sit back again for a while in the series.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I love SPECTRE being the primary antagonist organization in the Bond series, personally. But, I think it was misconducted completely in this continuity, so I'd also prefer if it sits back and does not get used until the next (soft) reboot when they have figured out the storylines for at least five consecutive films so the organization won't be shoehorned like it was in Spectre but build up nicely to it like the first few films. Same applies to the Blofeld character.
    You know what? I have a good feeling about all of this this. Really. Don't ask me why. Now if only they would ditch that Russian baddie/Mahori Henchman ideia/cliché, and the Namibia locations (yes, its beautiful, but I keep getting Tomb Raider Cradle of Life flashbacks - yes, I know it was Kenya and poorly done), I'd be even happier. But I guess they are ditching all of that. Well, if so, good. P&W back, oh well, family, what can we do? But really, a good feeling about it all.

Not too bothered with the Russian baddie/Mahori Henchman idea myself, but as you I choose to stay positive until it's impossible to be so. Any of the director names mentioned lately looks interesting enough to me – although different writers than Purvis/Wade could have been interesting. Oh, well.

Precisely. Who's to say the original P&W script wasn't interesting, albeit not groundbreaking nor shocking? And that Layton fella seems like an interesting choice, very avant guarde, I'd say. And to tell you the truth, none of the news (or something that passed as news) that came out while Boyle was directing seemed remotely interesting to me.

We've had so little concrete news, so you really don't know what to believe or not. I found Boyle/Hodge taking over from Purvis/Wade interesting, and the timing of the departure from the project by the former very unfortunate. The rumoured impact Craig has on decisions is also unfortunate, IMO (and if true, I don't like it one bit) – but we don't know exactly how much truth there is to this. It's really not much we have to judge upon, but it looks like some members here have already passed judgment on the film long before the shooting starts.

But I can also understand their frustrations. I'm not really looking forward to Bond 25 as much as I hoped I would be at this point. Much because of SP of course, and a bit of being tired of the whole Craig era.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    If the next news we hear is that Craig decides to walk, I honestly wouldn't blame him.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Same crap, different day.

We know so very little. Patience is a virtue.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Strelik wrote: »
    If the next news we hear is that Craig decides to walk, I honestly wouldn't blame him.

Next news is probably that this whole Bond 25 debacle has caused several deaths.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Next news is probably that this whole Bond 25 debacle has caused several deaths.

Actually, from what I'm hearing, they're skipping B25 entirely, and going straight into B26.
    1800 pages of... barely nothing.
    But we'll get there, it's inevitable.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    peter wrote: »

Actually, from what I'm hearing, they're skipping B25 entirely, and going straight into B26.

B25 will be animated and featured on Nickelodeon? Will Arnett can do the voice of Bond. ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote: »

B25 will be animated and featured on Nickelodeon? Will Arnett can do the voice of Bond. ;-)

Awww dammit, I wanted Andrew Bicknell to voice Bond!

*Angry typing ensues.*
    Well, at least the good humour has returned to the forums, albeit a bit on the psychotic side ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh, why can't the filmmakers do something bold for a change and make BOND 1.

Or BOND (Roman numeral) I. Or BOND A, even. Why.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I, BOND would be better. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

If prior remarks are to be believed, only one should be of concern, but it's potentially far more likely towards the end of production rather than at this stage. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto

I, BOND would be better. ;)

Is that Roman Numeral l? Or “l” I? Coz although I like the ring of I, Bond; the Roman Numeral I, that Richard was going on about, is far edgier, I think.
    one and half away on vacation and the expected delay in release came with the expected rewrite of a script by P&W.

What better time than a reboot, drop Craig and go with a new fellow.

I'll gladly go on vacation again if that would make it happen.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Split the difference.

I, BOND I. Folks will get it.
    Every day it seems more and more likely that Bond 25 and Christopher Nolan's Untitled James Bond film will end up being the same movie.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Split the difference.

I, BOND I. Folks will get it.

I like it!
  • RC7 wrote: »
    SonofSean wrote: »
    So....back to Purvis & Wade. Quelle surprise! I think we now know why Danny Boyle was fired. He had (shock! Horror!) an original idea!! I have low (probably zero) expectations now for Craig's final outing. Heck. Maybe Babs can persuade Madonna to return for the next Bond song to really put the final nail into the coffin! But what did we expect? EON are far too controlling and risk adverse. Sigh. Right. Gonna binge on Amazon's Jack Ryan and banish Bond from my mind.

Don’t forget to pick your dummy up on the way out.

I thought we were all newly committed to being civil and mature in this thread, RC.

Every day it seems more and more likely that Bond 25 and Christopher Nolan's Untitled James Bond film will end up being the same movie.

*Sigh*
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

*Sigh*
    BatmanBond Begins
    bondjames wrote: »

*Sigh*
    BatmanBond Begins

giphy.gif
  • Murdock wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Awww dammit, I wanted Andrew Bicknell to voice Bond!

*Angry typing ensues.*

looks around at thread

Mmm, fireworks.
    Salvation is near

FF2uBFZ.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have to admit, that’s funny :D