No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Mirror purports to have information that Bond 25 will have an open-ended conclusion modeled after From Russia With Love so Daniel Craig can be lured back for Bond 26. Yes, I know, it's the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-team-find-continuing-13172083?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

If true, great!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The Mirror purports to have information that Bond 25 will have an open-ended conclusion modeled after From Russia With Love so Daniel Craig can be lured back for Bond 26. Yes, I know, it's the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-team-find-continuing-13172083?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

If true, great!
    It's not.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    FRWL is a great novel, with a great ending.

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

Complete utter BS So Craig's declaration on Stephen Colbert that this was his last meant nothing? Or is babs that stubborn to let craig go this whole article smells and so do the mirror!
    jake24 wrote: »

If true, great!
    It's not.

The end of FRWL is something I really like about that book. What kind of ending do you prefer?
    Craig's not returning after this one, it will be his last, he's probably regretting b25 with the Boyle fiasco & all

As much as I love Craig, I really don't want to see him come back for a 6th movie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

If true, great!
    It's not.

The end of FRWL is something I really like about that book. What kind of ending do you prefer?
    I meant the article itself is definitely fabricated.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2018 Posts: 7,967
    Again, the most recent reports are of members of the crew (director, writer) leaving the project, not joining. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig was the next to go. I don't feel his heart was ever truly in it, and now he has a baby to think about. I feel the only director they could find is Demange, since Mendes is busy right? Unfortunately EON already treated Demange terribly before, so who knows if he even wants in again.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Again, the most recent reports are of members of the crew (director, writer) leaving the project, not joining. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig was the next to go. I don't feel his heart was ever truly in it, and now he has a baby to think about. I feel the only director they could find is Demange, since Mendes is busy right? Unfortunately EON already treated Demange terribly before, so who knows if he even wants in again.

If I'm not mistaken the rumors of demange being treated poorly was cashleypersia BS
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There's actually no indication that Bond actor and co-producer of BOND 25 will leave the production, is there.

Just as there's no evidence he's not he's not energized and optimistic about creating a great Bond film.

If I'm not mistaken the rumors of demange being treated poorly was cashleypersia BS

Also, wouldn't an up-and-coming director jump at the chance if asked – even if turned down initially?

Also, wouldn't an up-and-coming director jump at the chance if asked – even if turned down initially?

Non that would meet with Craig's approval.

Do you know that?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    How is "Bond dying" (à la FRWL novel) an open ending? :))
    You underestimate how madly in love Barbara Broccoli is with Craig.
    Craig ain't going anywhere - yet.

If true, great!
    It's not.

I meant the article itself is definitely fabricated.

Right. Yes, of course. If true, it would probably be a coincidence.
    sad thing is if they'd had their act together they easily could have made 2 films between 2015 and 2019
    edited September 2018 Posts: 7,967

Do you know that?

Because it's blindingly obvious. He fell out with pretty much every director he's had so far on Bond. And these are people with strong reputations. Not nobodies.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Complete utter BS So Craig's declaration on Stephen Colbert that this was his last meant nothing? Or is babs that stubborn to let craig go this whole article smells and so do the mirror!

He didn't declare it was his last one, he said "I think this is it. I just want to go out on a high note.”

Given all the drama, he could very well be back again if this goes the way of SP.

Do you know that?

Because it's blindingly obvious. He fell out with pretty much every director he's had so far on Bond. And these are people with strong reputations. Not nobodies.

He fell out with Marc Forster? Also, aren't all these falling out's just media talk? I don't think it's so blindingly obvious as you put it.
    Is this the new danielcraigisnotbond.com?
    THE SPY WHO LOVED KNEE James Bond movie delay is good news for hurt Daniel Craig who has more time to recover from his long-term knee issue
    https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7148653/james-bond-delay-daniel-craig/

Red_Snow wrote: »
    THE SPY WHO LOVED KNEE James Bond movie delay is good news for hurt Daniel Craig who has more time to recover from his long-term knee issue
    https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7148653/james-bond-delay-daniel-craig/

Clearly the Sun had nothing better to write. EON has yet to confirm an official delay. Surprised they didn't blame it on his new baby, too.
  • RC7RC7

Seems so. Cue elaborate defence of talking bollocks.
    25. Bondi filmi tegijad otsivad Soomest näitlejaid
    https://elu24.postimees.ee/6173332/25-bondi-filmi-tegijad-otsivad-soomest-naitlejaid

According to this article, Debbie McWilliams is holding casting sessions with both male and female actors from Finland, represented by talent agency Actors in Scandinavia.

• peterpeter Toronto
    RC7 wrote: »

Seems so. Cue elaborate defence of talking bollocks.

Bingo to both of you-- who was it who said this all felt like days (of p****** and moaning)?? Seems to me to be the same people who, once they knock @ColonelSun out of the picture, get back to, and continue to repeat, the same things over and over and over and over.

And over...

And...

And...

The Group Think that has leaked onto this site, and played out amongst a small group, has been remarkable and powerfully vocal. Kudos...
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    25. Bondi filmi tegijad otsivad Soomest näitlejaid
    https://elu24.postimees.ee/6173332/25-bondi-filmi-tegijad-otsivad-soomest-naitlejaid

According to this article, Debbie McWilliams is holding casting sessions with both male and female actors from Finland, represented by talent agency Actors in Scandinavia.

Interesting. What Finnish actors and actresses do we know of? I can only think of Renny Harlin at the moment.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I would love Bond to go to Finland...
    peter wrote: »
    I would love Bond to go to Finland...

Makes me think of Billion Dollar Brain with Michael Caine.