No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2018 Posts: 5,649
    Univex wrote: »

3. Harry Styles (I am dead serious)

I know some, if not most see this as insane, but soon after the release of Dunkirk pitched him as a possibility. One has to look past his “boy band” origins . He has an immense amount natural charisma, an intensity that has yet to be fully utilized and, with the right haircut, a great look that will only get better as he ages; he’s also 6’ tall.
    If Nolan does take the reigns, we’re looking at a 2022/23 posssibly 24 release; that puts Styles in the 28 to 30 range.
  • RC7RC7
    peter wrote: »
    Hasn't gone on for days, @Mendes4Lyfe -- Colonel came on yesterday, about 24 hours ago.

Just feels like days then.

Funny. That’s how it feels reading your daily updates. You know, the ones that are essentially the same point reworded.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 444
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'd like to see how all the other Bond would have coped in the Internet age and what Craig has had to put up with.

Guess we'll never know but Connery would have thrown is toys out of the pram much sooner due to his tolerance with the media back then.

What actors have had to deal with has intensified so much more in the advent of the internet, we'll see how the next guy does.

I don't think a delay is inevitable in fact I'm willing to bet everything goes to schedule, fine you don't like Craig then butt out and wait for an actor more to your pleasing.

I had to stomach Brosnan in the role, we can't always have what we like it's just a fact of life.

Echoing my own sentiments really. Was never happy about Brosnan's casting - nor Campbell's mean-spirited trashing of Dalton's portrayal in the Goldeneye publicity - and just had to bide my time during the Brosnan era.

There's plenty of Bond material to return to if you're unhappy with Craig and the 7th Bond will be with us in the next five years.

It is indeed an ailment of the internet age in that people have an insatiable appetite for news and information that they don't really need as they swipe to refresh Facebook and Twitter constantly.

Naturally as fans we would be interested in the minutiae of production details for each film but how much of the 'dirty laundry' do we really and genuinely need to know? I respect the courtesy of EON saying 'creative differences' and leaving it there. No point looking to fuel an anti-Craig agenda on false assumptions he is a prima-donna. Funny how Colonel Sun's debunking of that hasn't gone well with some.

We'll know from EON of the next developments when they are good and ready. YES of course it is fun to speculate, but I personally find this constant wishful thinking that a Nolan directed Bond film starring Adian Turner is just round the corner because of tabloid click-bait articles has proved far more repetitive and tedious than yesterday's solitary but much welcome reality check from @ColonelSun.
    Very well written, @Cowley ... I’m going to have to look up what Campbell said about Dalton!
    Judging by the title of the thread (i don't read entire thread tbh, sorry :( )

I think this rumour may be real. That sounds logical to me.

And....if that's really is the truth....why????

Why would you hire another writer??? What am I missing?

Boyle wanted to work with his writer...he probably wrote a good script....idk..I don't get it...why?

Also...today is 1st day of September....

If we don't get new director by the end of this month...I'll start to get worried :(
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    vzok wrote: »
    Still not sure that Bond should be aiming for more action (or trying to compete with MI). Spying and intrigue maybe.

They found the perfect balance in OHMSS.

When all is said and done, hundreds of years from now, this will be the Bond film that survives. Soderbergh was right.
  • For me, the Craig-era can't end soon enough. I've never accepted him as 007, though a very large part of the public has of course. Bond has never been as successful since Craig took over. As long as Craig is part of Bond 25, I can hardly get excited about it. It's just all meh. The fun has gone and all we've got is Bond that is constantly in touch with his emotions. All that angst and anxiety, I couldn't care less. I want escapism, crazy stunts, charm, humour... Hopefully the next one will bring that back.

At the moment it's all a bit of a mess. The producers had three years to come up with something new and instead of being ready to shoot in a couple of months. We have no director, probably not a script and even casting isn't done.

Personally, I think a delay is inevitable. Which saddens me, mostly because Roger Moore's record of longest serving Bond being broken, not because I want to see Craig back on the silver screen as 007.

A bigger problem in the Craig era is the breakdown of licensing - Bond hasn't had a good video game in over a decade, the toys and merchandise have declined, all while the gaps between films get longer. A significant amount of 20-30 something Bond fans likely got involved in the franchise through ancillary methods, but where's the stuff to build the next generation of fans? Why should a 12 year old care about James Bond today?
  • RC7RC7
    Cowley wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'd like to see how all the other Bond would have coped in the Internet age and what Craig has had to put up with.

Guess we'll never know but Connery would have thrown is toys out of the pram much sooner due to his tolerance with the media back then.

What actors have had to deal with has intensified so much more in the advent of the internet, we'll see how the next guy does.

I don't think a delay is inevitable in fact I'm willing to bet everything goes to schedule, fine you don't like Craig then butt out and wait for an actor more to your pleasing.

I had to stomach Brosnan in the role, we can't always have what we like it's just a fact of life.

Echoing my own sentiments really. Was never happy about Brosnan's casting - nor Campbell's mean-spirited trashing of Dalton's portrayal in the Goldeneye publicity - and just had to bide my time during the Brosnan era.

There's plenty of Bond material to return to if you're unhappy with Craig and the 7th Bond will be with us in the next five years.

It is indeed an ailment of the internet age in that people have an insatiable appetite for news and information that they don't really need as they swipe to refresh Facebook and Twitter constantly.

Naturally as fans we would be interested in the minutiae of production details for each film but how much of the 'dirty laundry' do we really and genuinely need to know? I respect the courtesy of EON saying 'creative differences' and leaving it there. No point looking to fuel an anti-Craig agenda on false assumptions he is a prima-donna. Funny how Colonel Sun's debunking of that hasn't gone well with some.

We'll know from EON of the next developments when they are good and ready. YES of course it is fun to speculate, but I personally find this constant wishful thinking that a Nolan directed Bond film starring Adian Turner is just round the corner because of tabloid click-bait articles has proved far more repetitive and tedious than yesterday's solitary but much welcome reality check from @ColonelSun.

An assessment with laser-guided precision.
  • The Mirror purports to have information that Bond 25 will have an open-ended conclusion modeled after From Russia With Love so Daniel Craig can be lured back for Bond 26. Yes, I know, it's the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-team-find-continuing-13172083?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Mirror purports to have information that Bond 25 will have an open-ended conclusion modeled after From Russia With Love so Daniel Craig can be lured back for Bond 26. Yes, I know, it's the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-team-find-continuing-13172083?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
    I wouldn't be surprised. They'd be smart to keep it open ended (like they did SP), because history has shown that we (and probably they) have no idea what the future will bring. So even though they're probably shooting from the hip with this deduction, I can see it playing out this way.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Ostandia
    The Mirror purports to have information that Bond 25 will have an open-ended conclusion modeled after From Russia With Love so Daniel Craig can be lured back for Bond 26. Yes, I know, it's the Mirror.

If true, great!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

If true, great!
    It's not.
    FRWL is a great novel, with a great ending.

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

Complete utter BS So Craig's declaration on Stephen Colbert that this was his last meant nothing? Or is babs that stubborn to let craig go this whole article smells and so do the mirror!
    jake24 wrote: »

If true, great!
    It's not.

The end of FRWL is something I really like about that book. What kind of ending do you prefer?
    Craig's not returning after this one, it will be his last, he's probably regretting b25 with the Boyle fiasco & all

As much as I love Craig, I really don't want to see him come back for a 6th movie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

If true, great!
    It's not.

The end of FRWL is something I really like about that book. What kind of ending do you prefer?
    I meant the article itself is definitely fabricated.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    edited September 2018 Posts: 7,252
    Again, the most recent reports are of members of the crew (director, writer) leaving the project, not joining. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig was the next to go. I don't feel his heart was ever truly in it, and now he has a baby to think about. I feel the only director they could find is Demange, since Mendes is busy right? Unfortunately EON already treated Demange terribly before, so who knows if he even wants in again.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Again, the most recent reports are of members of the crew (director, writer) leaving the project, not joining. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig was the next to go. I don't feel his heart was ever truly in it, and now he has a baby to think about. I feel the only director they could find is Demange, since Mendes is busy right? Unfortunately EON already treated Demange terribly before, so who knows if he even wants in again.

If I'm not mistaken the rumors of demange being treated poorly was cashleypersia BS
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There's actually no indication that Bond actor and co-producer of BOND 25 will leave the production, is there.

Just as there's no evidence he's not he's not energized and optimistic about creating a great Bond film.

If I'm not mistaken the rumors of demange being treated poorly was cashleypersia BS

Also, wouldn't an up-and-coming director jump at the chance if asked – even if turned down initially?

Also, wouldn't an up-and-coming director jump at the chance if asked – even if turned down initially?

Non that would meet with Craig's approval.

Do you know that?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    How is "Bond dying" (à la FRWL novel) an open ending? :))
    You underestimate how madly in love Barbara Broccoli is with Craig.
    Craig ain't going anywhere - yet.

If true, great!
    It's not.

I meant the article itself is definitely fabricated.

Right. Yes, of course. If true, it would probably be a coincidence.
    sad thing is if they'd had their act together they easily could have made 2 films between 2015 and 2019
    edited September 2018 Posts: 7,252

Do you know that?

Because it's blindingly obvious. He fell out with pretty much every director he's had so far on Bond. And these are people with strong reputations. Not nobodies.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Complete utter BS So Craig's declaration on Stephen Colbert that this was his last meant nothing? Or is babs that stubborn to let craig go this whole article smells and so do the mirror!

He didn't declare it was his last one, he said "I think this is it. I just want to go out on a high note.”

Given all the drama, he could very well be back again if this goes the way of SP.