Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,690
    I forgot about that one, thanks @Thunderfinger. The Village was pretty good indeed, very eery atmosphere.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Looks good looking forward to king of the monsters

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Godzilla trailer was pretty epic, loved it.

English trailer for the latest Filipino action flick, Buybust:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looks like guaranteed fun, @DaltonCraig007. :)
    Hmm... Aquaman looks like another case of film-making by committee over at DC. I hope I'm wrong . . . they badly need someone to help WonderWoman shoulder the load.

I'm also not feeling optimistic about Alita: it's got some big names on the marquee, but in the past, mocap has made for uncanny leads and left audiences feeling a bit cold. Maybe not this time?

Also does anyone feel that Waltz is either still looking for the next big role, or, worse yet, past his sell-by date?

David Leitch, the director of John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2 and of the upcoming Atomic Blonde 2 and Hobbs & Shaw is in talks to direct the remake of the cult classic Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon.

http://collider.com/enter-the-dragon-remake-director-david-leitch/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,812
    It was already remade at least once (Force : Five, anyone ? With Joe Lewis and Benny Urquidez ?) Why remake something that was already great when it was done the first time ? Still, I loved Atomic Blonde, so maybe it will be good. But I don't see the purpose of it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Could be good, but yes, completely, entirely unnecessary and pointless. Remake lesser films, not classics that really can't be improved on (and I feel bad for the poor sucker that has to wow audiences better than Bruce Lee could).
    IMAX poster for The Meg:

yu_L6cy_Re_W3_X2_Nev_TYo_Rdskx_EIy_NVEI5n2j_Tc_Joo_O22s.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A remake of Enter The Dragon?

giphy.gif

I'm calling it now. It will be a SJW checklist. When people rightfully go ballistic over a remake of the best/one of the best martial arts films, staring the most iconic martial artist, the filmmakers will turn around and either play the sex or race card. If I am wrong... if I am wrong, I will spend a week praising Craig as the best Bond, and QOS as the best Bond film.

*throws down gauntlet*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ugh I'm sick of remakes of movies that were perfection to begin with. Leave Enter the Dragon alone. It was already a great movie.

Liking the look of all of these!!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is that Enter The Dragon remake still alive?

People should just let go of the things of the old.

Stop with those remakes and reboots, and retellings to fit your SJW narrative.
    Is that Enter The Dragon remake still alive?

People should just let go of the things of the old.

Stop with those remakes and reboots, and retellings to fit your SJW narrative.

Considering a director is now attached, it sadly is. I'm not sure about the "SJW narrative" angle as we know nothing about it, but it is completely unnecessary. Surely there are other films of Lee's that are worthy of being remade, versus one of the all-time classics of his.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,385
    Enter the Dragon remake...

DamagedDistantBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

nooooooooooo.gif?w=881&h=496

tenor.gif
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Enter the Dragon remake...

DamagedDistantBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

nooooooooooo.gif?w=881&h=496

tenor.gif

No more foreplay?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Tom Hardy wil play Lee. Scott Eastwood as Roper. Bruno Mars will play Williams and doing a song for the movie. Thandie Newton cameo. Christopher Nolan will take over as directer. Composer: Hans Zimmer. Budget: 400 ;)
    2nd trailer for Damian Chazzelle's First Man coming this week.

First trailer for Jonah Hill's directorial debut, Mid90's :

Looks like Glass will be the very first Shyamalan film I will be seeing in the cinemas, as I loved both Unbreakable and Split.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Looks like Glass will be the very first Shyamalan film I will be seeing in the cinemas, as I loved both Unbreakable and Split.

Split was the first for me, I saw all his first five or six upon initial video release. By then he had lost it.

Set video of Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:

• edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294

Set video of Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:

This looks really, really great! Like the details, such as the Honey West ad on that bus.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Looks terrific. Can’t wait.