The MI6 Community Religion and Faith Discussion Space (for members of all faiths - and none!)

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    @RC7

God is the Supreme Being.

Does God take form?

Yes, one way is as the Holy Spirit. Another was as Jesus Christ.

And he created man in his own image?

According to Scripture, yes.

Presumably Dinosaurs were a sort of Beta testing phase?

Ah, that old chestnut. Nor heard that one since I was at school! Never really understood it either.

I’ve avoided the debate thus far and the fact you don’t understand it genuinely fascinates me. I’d love to hear a genuine answer rather than an evasive one.

Can you explain to me what you mean by the dinosaurs? How it serves to disprove God?

And I've sought to answer all of your questions.

I’m saying if God created man in his own image, were dinosaurs a beta phase cock up before he got it right?

??

Exactly what I thought.

I’m asking a genuine question. Do you have an answer?

The Bible says that God created the animals first, before humans. Ergo, that must be the answer to the old chestnut of why he create the dinosaurs first.

Any reason he did it hundreds of millions of years before creating man?
    Well according to Genesis he did it the day before. Something doesn’t quite add up here....?

A day is like a thousand years to the Lord.
    Oh right. That clears that up then.

Or it might if the dinosaurs existed 1000 years before humans.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    @Dragonpol Come on now: what's a Supreme Being? Is God physically a man, with body parts, organs, etc.? How do you know about that i.e. what evidence do you have about it?

And I promise I won't ask about the failed stars, the species that have been wiped out from this earth, or Christian morality (because somebody else got that one covered).

I’d like to know this too. I’d almost forgotten I’d posed this, such is the subterfuge at play.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Ah, that old chestnut. Nor heard that one since I was at school! Never really understood it either.

I’ve avoided the debate thus far and the fact you don’t understand it genuinely fascinates me. I’d love to hear a genuine answer rather than an evasive one.

Can you explain to me what you mean by the dinosaurs? How it serves to disprove God?

I’m saying if God created man in his own image, were dinosaurs a beta phase cock up before he got it right?

??

Exactly what I thought.

The Bible says that God created the animals first, before humans. Ergo, that must be the answer to the old chestnut of why he create the dinosaurs first.

Well according to Genesis he did it the day before. Something doesn’t quite add up here....?

You get the general idea though. Time has little definition to a timeless being. That was my point. I'm not sure that you got it.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

You get the general idea though. Time has little definition to a timeless being. That was my point. I'm not sure that you got it.
    Well why is it written in his book that some people treat, quite literally, as the word of God that the whole lot took him 7 days then?

I mean for an omnipotent supreme being isn't even 7 days too long? You make him sound like a cowboy builder: 'Yeah I know I said 7 days mate but I couldn't get the cement from the supplier and a bloke in Ilford let me down over some lengths of 4x2. I'll definitely have it done by next 1000 years though guv. Or maybe a few million.'

Perhaps the bloke who commissioned the universe should've got some Poles in instead of God. Those lads graft and deliver on time. Sounds like he was sat around drinking tea and reading The Star all day.
    @Dragonpol Come on now: what's a Supreme Being? Is God physically a man, with body parts, organs, etc.? How do you know about that i.e. what evidence do you have about it?

And I promise I won't ask about the failed stars, the species that have been wiped out from this earth, or Christian morality (because somebody else got that one covered).

I’d like to know this too. I’d almost forgotten I’d posed this, such is the subterfuge at play.

It makes a change from atheist subterfuge, though no answer I or any believer could give would ever satisfy any of the athiests here assembled of course. They would lose much face by doing so in fact.

I suggest you consult a dictionary or the Bible for definitions. Whichever is nearer to hand for you.

You're dodging. I asked what's a Supreme Being you said that's God. That's a tautology.

YOU use the terms. YOU explain to me what they are. As you probably know the Bible is open to interpretation of the one reading it so God may be different from one Christian to the next.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 17,854

I suggest you consult a dictionary or the Bible for definitions. Whichever is nearer to hand for you.

You're dodging. I asked what's a Supreme Being you said that's God. That's a tautology.

YOU use the terms. YOU explain to me what they are. As you probably know the Bible is open to interpretation of the one reading it so God may be different from one Christian to the next.

Indeed it is, hence all of the different Christian denominations. Not bad for a group of shepherds or whoever you lot believe wrote the Bible.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Weren't humans around for part of the time dinosaurs existed though?

There are multiple theories, however none change the fact they were still around for hundreds of millions of years before primates. I must stress, ‘primates’. Unless of course God resembles Ian Brown, in which case we should debate.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

The maths still doesn’t check out. Not by a long shot.

Much like how the fossil record doesn’t match evolution at all but meh

Indeed it is, hence all of the different Christian denominations. Not bad for a group of shepherds or whoever you lot believe wrote the Bible.
    That's one way of looking at it. The other would be it is incoherent drivel cobbled together by some barely literate shepherds and is so full of inconsistencies that a person can project whatever world view they hold onto it and justify it with 'interpretation.'

Indeed it is, hence all of the different Christian denominatiins. Not bad for a group of shepherds or whoever you lot believe wrote the Bible.

Not bad for a group of shepherds yes but not so good for a divinity who allegedly gave mankind the key to eternal bliss in said book... The Bible is good propaganda but poor history, biology (bats are birds according to it), moral and everything else.

In any case you dodged the question again...

Indeed it is, hence all of the different Christian denominatiins. Not bad for a group of shepherds or whoever you lot believe wrote the Bible.

Not bad for a group of shepherds yes but not so good for a divinity who allegedly gave mankind the key to eternal bliss in said book... The Bible is good propaganda but poor history, biology (bats are birds according to it), moral and everything else.

I’m sorry show me the verse where it says bats are birds

And show me any thing historical inaccurate in the Bible in fact 100 dollars for each inaccuracy found

Well, I'm not sure who exactly made you the Grand Inquisitor for the Athiest Inquisition here, but anyway. Perhaps it's time I started asking some questions of the athiests here instead for a change.
    Lud I am waiting seriously hell 1000 for each inaccuracy
    Perhaps it's time I started asking some questions of the athiests here instead for a change.
    By all means.

If just getting one religious mind to start asking questions is all we've achieved then I consider this thread 100 pages well spent.
    Perhaps it's time I started asking some questions of the athiests here instead for a change.
    By all means.

If just getting one religious mind to start asking questions is all we've achieved then I consider this thread 100 pages well spent.

Yes well I would be an atheist but there is that issue you still have NOT answered my questions
    Risico007 wrote: »
    By all means.

Yes well I would be an atheist
    Oh don't we know that son. You just can't wait to get stuck into a dirty blonde behind your missus's back if only God wasn't watching you.
    By all means.

Yes well I would be an atheist but there is that issue you still have NOT answered my questions

You see it's always easier when the shoe is on the other foot for this lot.
    By all means.

Oh don't we know that son. You just can't wait to get stuck into a dirty blonde behind your missus's back if only God wasn't watching you.

That and I am trying to be a good man but heck maybe I should just wait till you or Patb kill me when you are on you atheists serial killer attacks
    By all means.

You see it's always easier when the show is on the other foot for this lot.

I can picture the slogans for atheist now

Become an atheist do what you want have no issues and make fun of everyone and never answer questions
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 14,858

I’m sorry show me the verse where it says bats are birds

And show me any thing historical inaccurate in the Bible in fact 100 dollars for each inaccuracy found

Leviticus 11:13-19 New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

As for the rest, where to start: no Flood, no Exodus, King David if he existed was at best a warlord, no trace of Barabbas or the custom to free a prisoner for the Passover, etc.

That said, given your moral (for lack of a better term) view on adultery, I hesitate to say anything that would make you doubt that there is a God. The dirty blonde and the others will certainly be grateful that your faith is strong, as well as your obedience.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    The Bible was null and void when the first Dinosaur fossils/bones were discovered. These creatures walked the earth millions of years before man was a glint in evolutions eye.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,512
    By all means.

That and I am trying to be a good man but heck maybe I should just wait till you or Patb kill me when you are on you atheists serial killer attacks
    By all means.

You see it's always easier when the show is on the other foot for this lot.

I can picture the slogans for atheist now

Become an atheist do what you want have no issues and make fun of everyone and never answer questions

Never answer questions? You’re taking the piss mate. You’re making the claims, hence your obligation to answer. As it is, yourself and @Dragonpol skirt the issue and/or cite the Bible, as if that in itself were proof. Laughable. I’ve asked @Dragonpol several very simple questions re. ‘God’ and he’s been constantly evasive. I’m making NO claims, so I have nothing to answer.
    The Bible was null and void when the first Dinosaur fossils/bones were discovered. These creatures walked the earth millions of years before man was a glint in evolutions eye.

Quite. Even my two year old understands this. The fact adults can’t is at best depressing.

More apologist rubbish? Read a bit of Israel Finkelstein for a change.

And you haven't had time to find an apologist's rebuttal about the bats?
  • RC7RC7

I can imagine you doing this in real life. Walking around harassing people with your pamphlets, while the rest of us just want to work hard, earn our money and have a f***ing good time. Go and bang that blonde in accounts.

I can imagine you doing this in real life. Walking around harassing people with your pamphlets, while the rest of us just want to work hard, earn our money and have a f***ing good time. Go and bang that blonde in accounts.

Don't tell him that. Think of the blonde. She might not appreciate the attention.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,512

Don't tell him that. Think of the blonde. She might not appreciate the attention.

You’re right of course. I’m counting on the fact the ‘blonde in accounts’ is actually some old bird who works the till at the 7-11 and is ‘proper up for it’.

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    FB_IMG_1528409741054.jpg
    Mods you might want to keep an eye on this as I think in law websites can be held culpable for offensive views spouted on them.

Replace ‘atheist’ with ‘muslim’ and ‘serial killer’ with ‘terrorist’ in the above sentence and the police are getting involved for religious hatred.

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck but some atheists out there might be more easily offended than myself.

On a point of order ‘dirty blonde’. That distinction is crucial. No point in cheating on your wife with a blonde who doesn’t know what she’s doing.
    Mods you might want to keep an eye on this as I think in law websites can be held culpable for offensive views spouted on them.

Replace ‘atheist’ with ‘muslim’ and ‘serial killer’ with ‘terrorist’ in the above sentence and the police are getting involved for religious hatred.

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck but some atheists out there might be more easily offended than myself.

On a point of order ‘dirty blonde’. That distinction is crucial. No point in cheating on your wife with a blonde who doesn’t know what she’s doing.

And you can always put the blame on her... Like the shameless harlot she is. That's the Christian way: 1)be lead into temptation, 2)ask God forgiveness (why be good when you can be forgiven?) and 3)blame the temptress.

Now for the record, I kill, rape and commit adultery as much as I want. And this amount is zero.
This discussion has been closed.