The MI6 Community Religion and Faith Discussion Space (for members of all faiths - and none!)

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2018 Posts: 17,854
    RC7 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    @RC7

God is the Supreme Being.

Does God take form?

Yes, one way is as the Holy Spirit. Another was as Jesus Christ.

And he created man in his own image?

According to Scripture, yes.

Presumably Dinosaurs were a sort of Beta testing phase?

Ah, that old chestnut. Not heard that one since I was at school! Never really understood it either.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Other forms would be cancerous tumours in babies, the voices in David Koresh’s head and talking snakes (oh no wait that’s the devil isn’t it?)

You're a real gem. Just like a broken record in fact. Now I recall why I try to stay clear of this thread.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Other forms would be cancerous tumours in babies, the voices in David Koresh’s head and talking snakes (oh no wait that’s the devil isn’t it?)

You're a real gem. Now I recall why I try to stay clear of this thread.
    You’re quite welcome to come up with a logical argument as to why He permits cancer in babies or the Holocaust if you want.

Or you could just say ‘I’m not going to post in this thread any more’ for the millionth time and scuttle off again.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Ah, that old chestnut. Nor heard that one since I was at school! Never really understood it either.

I’ve avoided the debate thus far and the fact you don’t understand it genuinely fascinates me. I’d love to hear a genuine answer rather than an evasive one.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

You’re quite welcome to come up with a logical argument as to why He permits cancer in babies or the Holocaust if you want.

Or you could just say ‘I’m not going to post in this thread any more’ for the millionth time and scuttle off again.

The same tired arguments from the same tired minds. And I've already answered that question. I'm not in the habit of repeating myself.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Ah, that old chestnut. Nor heard that one since I was at school! Never really understood it either.

I’ve avoided the debate thus far and the fact you don’t understand it genuinely fascinates me. I’d love to hear a genuine answer rather than an evasive one.

Can you explain to me what you mean by the dinosaurs? How it serves to disprove God?

And I've sought to answer all of your questions.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    @RC7

Does God take form?

The same tired arguments from the same tired minds. And I've already answered that question. I'm not in the habit of repeating myself.
    Have you? I must’ve missed that one. Is it really that onerous a task for you to remind us what you said? Just some of us are knocking on and our memories are going.

All I can remember you offering is bluster and obfuscation like a Tory MP being quizzed about the latest immigration figures. But like I say I’m knocking on a bit.

Surely it’s not that long an answer as to why the all loving God allows babies to die before they even have the chance to believe in him?
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Can you explain to me what you mean by the dinosaurs? How it serves to disprove God?

I’m saying if God created man in his own image, were dinosaurs a beta phase cock up before he got it right?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Have you? I must’ve missed that one. Is it really that onerous a task for you to remind us what you said? Just some of us are knocking on and our memories are going.

All I can remember you offering is bluster and obfuscation like a Tory MP being quizzed about the latest immigration figures. But like I say I’m knocking on a bit.

Surely it’s not that long an answer as to why the all loving God allows babies to die before they even have the chance to believe in him?

I'm sure you'll be able to find it and quote it back to me as you were quick to do this before. Buy perhaps you only have the ability to do that when you're busy attacking me? It would appear to be the case.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

I'm sure you'll be able to find it and quote it back to me as you were quick to do this before.
    Why can’t just tell us?

Because I have serious doubts you’ve ever come up with a decent reason for tumour ridden babies but now you think you have cleverly engineered a position whereby you can allege you did and it’s just me being lazy not trawling through all the previous pages of the thread to confirm it.

Stop being so coy and just tell us.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    @RC7

What's that?

It's an alternative name for God had by theologians.

All right but what does that even mean? How do you define Supreme Being? You say it's God but that's tautological.

Then you say he created man as His image... If he looks anything like a man he might be "Supreme" whatever that means, but he's not omnipotent and all powerful. He's finited, with limbs, organs, etc. That is, assuming God exists... which you haven't demonstrated yet. Kind of make claims of Holy Ghost and Jesus the God in the flesh (but wasn't he in the flesh to begin with?) pointless at this point.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

I'm sure you'll be able to find it and quote it back to me as you were quick to do this before.
    Why can’t just tell us?

Because I have serious doubts you’ve ever come up with a decent reason for tumour ridden babies but now you think you have cleverly engineered a position whereby you can allege you did and it’s just me being lazy not trawling through all the previous pages of the thread to confirm it.

Tell you so you can attack me again on my position? I don't think so. Once was enough. I'm fed up feeding parasites in this thread who keep coming back for more to inflate their already vastly overblown egos. I'm not getting involved in that game to satisfy a message board panel.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The whole thread is a broken record.
    @Dragonpol you made many claims in a few pages but have not backed up any of them. Neither have you actually explained what you meant by Supreme Being. You can buy Supreme petrol but I guess that's not what you mean by God.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    @RC7

Does God take form?

Why can’t just tell us?

Tell you so you can attack me again on my position?

You’re an intelligent, logical bloke and I presume you’ve thought long and hard about it and concluded that there are sound reasons why babies should die without even having committed a sin. You’ve obviously seen the light and I haven’t. I would look a fool attacking your position if it made rational sense now wouldn’t I? You can only attack someone’s position if it is untenable and I’m sure yours isn’t. But obviously you are worried to take that risk and put it out there for scrutiny.
    @Dragonpol you made many claims in a few pages but have not backed up any of them. Neither have you actually explained what you meant by Supreme Being. You can buy Supreme petrol but I guess that's not what you mean by God.
    Isn’t the Supreme Being Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon?
    The Supreme Being is God. And God is the Supreme Being... Then let's jump to Jesus.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7

Does God take form?

I’m saying if God created man in his own image, were dinosaurs a beta phase cock up before he got it right?

??
    The Supreme Being is God. And God is the Supreme Being... Then let's jump to Jesus.
    Come to think of it isn’t the Supreme Being actually Snoke? Or possibly Diana Ross?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

I’m asking a genuine question. Do you have an answer?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Come on no dodging. How do you define a Supreme Being? How do you go from that, whatever that is, to a God that looks like a man? Or what do you mean by creating man "at God's image"?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

The Bible says that God created the animals first, before humans. Ergo, that must be the answer to the old chestnut of why he create the dinosaurs first.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Come on no dodging. How do you define a Supreme Being? How do you go from that, whatever that is, to a God that looks like a man? Or what do you mean by creating man "at God's image"?

I assume that as he can take the form of God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ that he can take on several forms. Jesus was in the human image and form, for example and Jesus is God.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

The Bible says that God created the animals first, before humans. Ergo, that must be the answer to the old chestnut of why he create the dinosaurs first.

Any reason he did it hundreds of millions of years before creating man?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Well according to Genesis he did it the day before. Something doesn’t quite add up here....?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Weren't humans around for part of the time dinosaurs existed though?
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Well according to Genesis he did it the day before. Something doesn’t quite add up here....?

A day is like a thousand years to the Lord.
    @Dragonpol Come on now: what's a Supreme Being? Is God physically a man, with body parts, organs, etc.? How do you know about that i.e. what evidence do you have about it?

And I promise I won't ask about the failed stars, the species that have been wiped out from this earth, or Christian morality (because somebody else got that one covered).
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,512
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

Weren't humans around for part of the time dinosaurs existed though?

There are multiple theories, however none change the fact they were still around for hundreds of millions of years before primates. I must stress, ‘primates’. Unless of course God resembles Ian Brown, in which case we should debate.
    @RC7

Does God take form?

??

Exactly what I thought.

A day is like a thousand years to the Lord.

The maths still doesn’t check out. Not by a long shot.
    @Dragonpol Come on now: what's a Supreme Being? Is God physically a man, with body parts, organs, etc.? How do you know about that i.e. what evidence do you have about it?

And I promise I won't ask about the failed stars, the species that have been wiped out from this earth, or Christian morality (because somebody else got that one covered).

I suggest you consult a dictionary or the Bible for definitions. Whichever is nearer to hand for you.
This discussion has been closed.