No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jake24 wrote: »
    How long do they plan on waiting before casting Cate Blanchett in a villain role?
    It may be too late after her star turn in Ragnarok. Not sure if she's in IW (I will know tomorrow) or its sequel but I read somewhere that she could return as Hela.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Wasn't she a villain in Indie?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Yep. A Bolshevillain. ;)
    Yep. A Bolshevillain. ;)
    She was darn good there too. It's just that if she's got a continuing role as a major villain in the MCU (and I'm not sure if she does), I don't see her getting something similar in Bond concurrently.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yeah, but I don't see why that would matter.
    Agreed about her role in Indy 4. Of all the faults Crystal Skull had, she definitely wasn't one of them.
    Isn't Sophie Rudle a little plain to be a Bond girl....

Anyway, this Reddit rumour is a hoax as the will is probably delayed. The Daily Mail have chimed in and posted this hilarious recent photo of Craig getting his haircut

4B96488900000578-5662461-image-a-81_1524780712938.jpg
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5662461/Daniel-Craig-steps-Rachel-Weisz-James-Bond-release-DELAYED-pregnancy.html

Also, for anyone interested; Danny Boyle has been spotted filming his new film in Essex:
    http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/16187446.Danny_Boyle_s_new_Beatles_musical_was_being_filmed_in_north_Essex_today/
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    It’s actually unforgivable if they delay B25 by a year. A couple months, even six I can handle, a year I can not.
    I don’t think it has to be a whole year. It may not even be any time at all. We’ll just have to wait and see.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Hypothetical question: If B25 doesn’t happen, and the franchise as it stands now is where it ends for Bond, how would you feel about the series as a whole?

My thoughts: An excellent series that ended on a weak note in a flailing attempt to keep itself relevant.
    Hypothetical question: If B25 doesn’t happen, and the franchise as it stands now is where it ends for Bond, how would you feel about the series as a whole?
    It's a hypothetical that will never be, because Bond is forever imho.

In the off chance it does end this way then we have the best back catalogue of any film series in existence. A tremendous feat. Every actor and era has had at least one iconic and great film. It will be seen as a legendary and genre defining series and a textbook example of how to continue after an actor leaves. A benchmark for others to aspire to.
    What @bondjames said. If Bond were to end now, we had an amazing run. If it ends after Bond 25, it will have been an amazing run - regardless of how Bond 25 turns out. SP wouldn’t be the best way to end it, but it is STILL undeniably a Bond film through and through, and that’s still what matters most. What does truly worry me is that Bond as we know it really could die after Bond 25, should they change things drastically.

We do have the best back catalog ever. Every film, even the less good ones, are EXTREMELY rewatchable. Bond is the best film series ever. If it is ever to end, we were blessed when it was around. Every actor, every era. I love it all.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    FoxRox wrote: »
    What @bondjames said. If Bond were to end now, we had an amazing run. If it ends after Bond 25, it will have been an amazing run - regardless of how Bond 25 turns out. SP wouldn’t be the best way to end it, but it is STILL undeniably a Bond film through and through, and that’s still what matters most. What does truly worry me is that Bond as we know it really could die after Bond 25, should they change things drastically.

We do have the best back catalog ever. Every film, even the less good ones, are EXTREMELY rewatchable. Bond is the best film series ever. If it is ever to end, we were blessed when it was around. Every actor, every era. I love it all.

Exactly. I mean what other film series has 24 films to their name.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Curious to see if this “delay” rumor holds merit. I’ve been predicting a delay since day one. The baby on the way may confirm this.
    Eon’s run on Bond may end, hypothetically speaking, but Bond as a franchise of various formats won’t end. It’s a cultural icon much like Holmes and Batman. It won’t end at all. There will always be someone behind a new development. There’s too much love for the character.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Eon’s run on Bond may end, hypothetically speaking, but Bond as a franchise of various formats won’t end. It’s a cultural icon much like Holmes and Batman. It won’t end at all. There will always be someone behind a new development. There’s too much love for the character.

That means we will all miss Bond movies. Cause we'll be dead. :(
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,756
    To be fair, we've been very spoiled when it's come to Bond. Very rarely do you get full fledged "serials" over the course of 56 years.
    Spectre would be the best last film of all the bond actors
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Isn’t The Sun particularly unreliable?

Normally, yes. But this time, i'm not so sure. A delay wouldn't surprise me.

Here’s the thing: DC and RW have likely known about the pregnancy for four months or so. If this was going to delay Bond 25, EON would have known and MGM, too. This means, the conference call would have played out differently; MGM would not have confirmed a 2019 release for Bond 25.

DC isn’t a jerk: no way he would keep this from them if he thought it would disrupt filming. Furthermore, it is POSSIBLE that DC has seen Hodge’s treatment and, in negotiation with EON, has determined that this shoot won’t be as exhausting/extensive as the previous ones. If 75% or more of the film is at Pinewood, then DC will be a happy man.

Anyway, this Reddit rumour is a hoax as the will is probably delayed. The Daily Mail have chimed in and posted this hilarious recent photo of Craig getting his haircut

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5662461/Daniel-Craig-steps-Rachel-Weisz-James-Bond-release-DELAYED-pregnancy.html

Also, for anyone interested; Danny Boyle has been spotted filming his new film in Essex:
    http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/16187446.Danny_Boyle_s_new_Beatles_musical_was_being_filmed_in_north_Essex_today/

Yes! Great shot of Daniel!!!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yes! Great shot of Daniel!!!!!

Prepping for his next role: John Lydon? Hell, if Gary Oldman can play Sid Vicious...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    No mention of Craig/Bond on Colbert.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    My guess is sophie rundle is playing the young MI6 agent bond trains
    If Sophie Rundle lands a role in Bond 25, that will confirm that CashleyPersia is legit.
    If Sophie Rundle lands a role in Bond 25, that will confirm that CashleyPersia is legit.

True enough. He did say she was a frontrunner though. By no means a guarantee.
  • kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    Let's just hope she doesn't lecture him on sexual harrassment in the workplace and make him look like an ass.

If bond looks like an idiot in this movie I don't know what I'll do.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    kg54mvp wrote: »
    Let's just hope she doesn't lecture him on sexual harrassment in the workplace and make him look like an ass.

If bond looks like an idiot in this movie I don't know what I'll do.

There is a good to fair chance that the villain of B25 if they ever decide to release the film, will be a woman that he had “relations” with in the past and his come back to haunt him because he forgot about her and wasn’t faithful or some nonsense or she’s mad because he’s a womanizer
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Since I hated the Brossa era, am really enjoying the Craig era and I love pre-production. Hopefully news starts rolling in soon for Bond 25!

+1

People talk about long wait gaps... there were 17 years between LTK and CR. I don't know how I got through it.

+1
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Spectre would be the best last film of all the bond actors

Technically that titles goes to OHMSS.
    Or Licence to Kill