Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

What did you think of the World’s Finest episodes?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @FoxRox, I don't think the Reeve movies have dated well, but I can see why some enjoy them.

Have you watched Young Justice, by any chance? It's the one WB animation since the old days that's come out that interests me, simply because I hear a lot of good things about it. I know it got cancelled a while back, but Netflix picked it up to continue it.

Haven’t seen that one. I don’t watch a lot of the newer stuff.

The old films are dated, but they chose the perfect actors for the characters and created a wonderful incarnation of Superman I think.

@FoxRox, I guess Young Justice's premise is that it focuses on younger heroes while the ones in the League we know and love mentor them, so I don't think it'll be as engaging to me as a Justice League show that has a lot of Batman, but I may give it a try some time and will let you know what I think when I do. I'll probably wait for whenever the new episodes come out, or some time after.

As for the casting RE: Superman, I do agree. Reeve had the obligatory "Aw shucks" kind of feeling that I think every Superman actor must have to be successful, just as every Batman actor must have some element of a brooding presence and the ability to convey Bruce's pain behind the mask of that rich playboy persona.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Young Justice is actually headed to WB's upcoming streaming service, alongside a live-action Teen Titans adaptation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Young Justice is actually headed to WB's upcoming streaming service, alongside a live-action Teen Titans adaptation.

@Agent007391, was the revitalization never picked up by Netflix at any point, or was I confusing it with something else? Interesting that WB is going the way of Disney, with a service of its own. Can't say that excites me at all, nor do I see it as a business model that will work out for them in the long run. But I don't think I can be blamed for seeing little in the studio at this point.
    Jessica Jones season 2, just great television about super-powered people and the imprint they leave on their surroundings. Heartbreaking at times. Krysten Ritters performance is great.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

@Agent007391, was the revitalization never picked up by Netflix at any point, or was I confusing it with something else? Interesting that WB is going the way of Disney, with a service of its own. Can't say that excites me at all, nor do I see it as a business model that will work out for them in the long run. But I don't think I can be blamed for seeing little in the studio at this point.

Netflix was a consideration, as viewership there was what led to WB comissioning a third season, but it wasn't long after the announcement of their streaming service that they decided to put it there. I think the Lex Luthor/Lois Lane Superman prequel series Metropolis is also heading there. I honestly don't know if anything other than DC shows are scheduled for it.

Netflix was a consideration, as viewership there was what led to WB comissioning a third season, but it wasn't long after the announcement of their streaming service that they decided to put it there. I think the Lex Luthor/Lois Lane Superman prequel series Metropolis is also heading there. I honestly don't know if anything other than DC shows are scheduled for it.
    Alright, so I wasn't too far off.

Not familiar with that Lex/Lois prequel, but that sounds horrid for an idea. Why do some of these DC shows have to be about the hero not being the hero at all (Gotham) or the hero not even being there (Krypton and now this). The whole reason people read Superman stories is for Superman. Why leave him out all the time?

Alright, so I wasn't too far off.

Not familiar with that Lex/Lois prequel, but that sounds horrid for an idea. Why do some of these DC shows have to be about the hero not being the hero at all (Gotham) or the hero not even being there (Krypton and now this). The whole reason people read Superman stories is for Superman. Why leave him out all the time?

Because they see it as a new way to approach the mythos, to see how strongly they can pull people in with only the hero's supporting cast. What WB/DC fails to understand that a lot of the supporting cast to Batman or Superman is one-dimensional, and we as an audience need the hero there to draw them in.

That's why the DCAU worked so well: necessary changes to the mythos so that the hero wasn't the only sphere in a cast of circles.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone see that limited series Collateral? Just caught it on Netflix, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought it was a lot more engaging than the trailers made it out to be, happy I gave it a shot.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Agents of Shield.

Season 5 episode 1!! Great to have the team back. Looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow!!!

Completely forgot to check when Season 5 starts in the UK, will look on All4 app and catch up on the new series.
    I've just started The West Wing and now I'm ashamed I didn't watch this when it was on the air.
    Joker's Favor from Batman: The Animated Series. My favorite episode from the amazing show right alongside Heart of Ice.
    Watching "lie to me" a very entertaining tv show.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,388
    Joker's Favor from Batman: The Animated Series. My favorite episode from the amazing show right alongside Heart of Ice.

Heart of Ice probably my favourite episode.

Agents of Shield season 5 two part premier, this is random but WHOA! that was pretty awesome.

Heart of Ice probably my favourite episode.

Heart of Ice is a brilliant episode, but I have a love for The Clock King.
    The Clock King is an awesome underrated episode. Watched that last night as well, and also: Mad as a Hatter, Dreams in Darkness, Fear of Victory, and a couple others. Great stuff.
    X Files Season 11 Episode 3 Plus One this is one of the best episodes I have seen for some time, it had some genuinely unnerving moments.
    Just binge watched the first two seasons of Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls this is quite brutal respect to those involved.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Just finished the eight, and last season of Inspector George Gently. They sure finished the last season with two great episodes - and I did not expect an ending like that.

Few shows have a consistent quality like Inspector George Gently. Can't actually think of an episode I didn't like. Hope they get around to make a 1970's spin-off with Bacchus. That would be great.
    Requiem

Thought this was marketed as a Netflix Original but apparently it was a BBC show first. It's great so far - I'm a sucker for mysteries, and this one, as predictable as it seems (for now, anyway, really hoping I'm wrong) has me quite hooked.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    Firefly.
    Firefly.

Great show I bought Firefly on Bluray last year, I am over due a rewatch for the series and Serenity
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Followed up the last season of Inspector George Gently by watching the bonus material tonight. Hadn't been aware of this earlier, but it turns out that the production designer on this last season (and many earlier episodes), is Maurice Cain - the son of Syd Cain! No wonder why I've always liked the production design on this TV series!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,388
    Supergirl Season 3, Episode 10 Legion of Superheroes after a long mid season break the show has returned, the idea of the Legion appearing was good alas this show is suffering because of its budget or how it's spending what budget it has. Smallville introduction of the Legion was done better.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @FoxRox, I don't think the Reeve movies have dated well, but I can see why some enjoy them.
    I don't think the Connery movies have dated well, but I can see why some enjoy them.
    Ooops-?
    X-Men 1993 I bought every episode several years back though continuingly stalled on getting through season 2, watching season 2 from the start again, everything about this show still works well for me. Til death do us part is an amusing two parter to start things off.
    Followed up the last season of Inspector George Gently by watching the bonus material tonight. Hadn't been aware of this earlier, but it turns out that the production designer on this last season (and many earlier episodes), is Maurice Cain - the son of Syd Cain! No wonder why I've always liked the production design on this TV series!

Brilliant show! Shame it is all over, unless they do a Bacchus spin off?!!
    Fargo: Season 3

Damn, was that good. What I love so much about this series is the whole snowball effect on display: things always seem to crank up to an 11 in the intensity department in the premiere alone, but that's nothing compared to just how bad it'll get for the characters at the forefront of it all, and it makes for an intriguing watch from start to finish. Kudos to David Thewlis in this, who I thought was an excellent villain; one of the best I've seen in a television show in a very long time.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Brilliant show! Shame it is all over, unless they do a Bacchus spin off?!!

I hope they do. They could just continue with the pairing of Bacchus (Lee Ingleby) and Coles (Lisa McGrillis) in the same way they followed Gently and Bacchus through the series - especially since Coles is very much like Gently anyway.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Ash vs Evil Dead

Only just caught up with this and as a fan of the films I'm loving it!

Crazy, gory and bloody hilarious!

Bruce Campbell is just supernova in this. Wielding his chainsaw hand and knocking out cheesy one liners like he's in his twenties again!

Also love the stunning girl sidekick, Kelly.