Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• edited March 2018 Posts: 17,352
    bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap I do recommend Masters of Sex. It's quite atmospheric and I think Lizzy Caplan is fantastic in it. Sheen is good too and they have great chemistry.

Regarding Mad Men, the big character in the show for which I had no real life counterpart was Don Draper. Sometimes when viewing the show I used to think (conceitedly) that this was because I was playing that part in real life, but then reality abruptly intruded and shook me out of the delusion.

Noted! I'll make sure to check it out soon!

Never felt a similarity between myself as a viewer and Don Draper, really. The complexity of Draper, and the darker elements to his character could only make me sympathize with him - sometimes. As far as similarities, I found about none. What aspects of Draper made you feel like you were playing that part in real life, when watching Mad Men?
    It's purely superficial. He's such a cool cat, just like Bond.

Similar to OO7, aspects of his personality, life and demons aren't something I'd like to carry around or endure but I just really like his style.

Good to hear it was just the coolness about the character, and not the darker elements, haha! Such cool character, though. Would think many on this forum would like the stylishness of Draper much like they do about Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    PRESTEN (THE PRIEST) season 2
    3877752.jpg
    Great show.
    3877752.jpg
    Great show.

They've released the whole season?
    3877752.jpg
    Great show.

Yes, you can find it online at NRK.
    3877752.jpg
    Great show.

Yes, you can find it online at NRK.

Nice - or *knips, knips, knips*, as would be the reaction in Radioresepsjonen!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I finally finished The Sopranos. Pretty good show. I think I'll tackle Westworld next.
    The expanse season 1
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dynasty was channel hopping at work caught an early episode, Joan Collins was hot in this.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    McMafia (2018)

Just finished off this 8 part BBC/AMC serial on a Russian mafia family living in exile in London. It's not a bad show, with some excellent location work (Bombay, Istanbul, Prague, Tel Aviv & Moscow are among the highlights) and a career defining performance from Bond hopeful James Norton.

He's very good here, but I don't really see him as Bond. I think he lacks the gravitas, charisma and the voice for the job, but physically he's great, and looks a lot like a younger Craig.

While viewing it I was impressed at how well Bastille Day director James Watkins was able to use locations to full effect and create tension & atmosphere.

Recommended.
    Almost finished with Boardwalk Empire season 2. Only the season finale left. I have to say, even though I like the series, it gets pretty boring at times.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Almost finished with Boardwalk Empire season 2. Only the season finale left. I have to say, even though I like the series, it gets pretty boring at times.

I stopped watching halfway through season 1, as it did indeed get boring.
    Jessica Jones season 2 I got to episode 4 so far.

My issue with Boardwalk Empire, as well. Think I watched two and a half seasons before moving on to other stuff. That being said, I might pick it up at some point in the future, as there were some good episodes.

My issue with Boardwalk Empire, as well. Think I watched two and a half seasons before moving on to other stuff. That being said, I might pick it up at some point in the future, as there were some good episodes.

It was a bored walk.

It was a bored walk.

Haha!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I dumped it after Season 4 I think and didn't finish it off.
    Did anyone here at all finish Borewatch Empire?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,107
    I watched it all way through. I'm a sucker for ganster everything.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Started watching The West Wing on Netflix. Great show. Definitely something to appreciate now that I'm older since the whole idea wasn't suited to me when I was 16 during it's original run.
    Agents of Shield.

Season 5 episode 1!! Great to have the team back. Looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow!!!
    Superman: The Animated Series. I’m only one episode in, and it’s a great start; a perfect retelling of the Superman origin thus far. I spent my time with BTAS as a kid, and I’m just now catching up with this old classic show.
    The Saint -- Season 1, Episode 9 ("The Arrow of God").

Roger Moore was fantastic as Simon Templar.

He was... okay as James Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Superman: The Animated Series. I’m only one episode in, and it’s a great start; a perfect retelling of the Superman origin thus far. I spent my time with BTAS as a kid, and I’m just now catching up with this old classic show.
    I expect WB will remaster the show after BTAS is wrapped. I watched it as a kid, but BTAS was just on another level. I still hold the Fleischer Superman cartoons of the 40s as the gold standard for the character. BTAS was smart to recall the look and feeling of those shorts.
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    The Saint -- Season 1, Episode 9 ("The Arrow of God").

Sir Roger Moore was fantastic as Simon Templar.

He was... brilliant as James Bond.

I corrected that for you ;)
    I expect WB will remaster the show after BTAS is wrapped. I watched it as a kid, but BTAS was just on another level. I still hold the Fleischer Superman cartoons of the 40s as the gold standard for the character. BTAS was smart to recall the look and feeling of those shorts.

BTAS is better, but I still like what I’ve seen from the Superman show a lot. The episode with Malcolm McDowell was awesome (he always is). Also, it features my favorite incarnation of Lex Luthor; to me, Clancy Brown’s Luthor is the animated equivalent of Mark Hamill’s Joker.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

BTAS is better, but I still like what I’ve seen from the Superman show a lot. The episode with Malcolm McDowell was awesome (he always is). Also, it features my favorite incarnation of Lex Luthor; to me, Clancy Brown’s Luthor is the animated equivalent of Mark Hamill’s Joker.

I think it's easily the best take on the Superman character, as BTAS is for Batman in my eyes. Couldn't agree more on Clancy's Lex, as well. WB/DC really had it back then, and crafted such an epic universe from BTAS to Batman Beyond, Superman and Justice League. Their golden days are sadly behind them, and that goes for both live action and animation, with Nolan's movies being the exception.

I think it's easily the best take on the Superman character, as BTAS is for Batman in my eyes. Couldn't agree more on Clancy's Lex, as well. WB/DC really had it back then, and crafted such an epic universe from BTAS to Batman Beyond, Superman and Justice League. Their golden days are sadly behind them, and that goes for both live action and animation, with Nolan's movies being the exception.

I’ll agree on all of that for sure.
    The one Superman incarnation I like about as much is the first two films with Christopher Reeve. They weren't perfect, but they had a lot of good stuff.
    @FoxRox, I don't think the Reeve movies have dated well, but I can see why some enjoy them.

Have you watched Young Justice, by any chance? It's the one WB animation since the old days that's come out that interests me, simply because I hear a lot of good things about it. I know it got cancelled a while back, but Netflix picked it up to continue it.
    @FoxRox, I don't think the Reeve movies have dated well, but I can see why some enjoy them.

Have you watched Young Justice, by any chance? It's the one WB animation since the old days that's come out that interests me, simply because I hear a lot of good things about it. I know it got cancelled a while back, but Netflix picked it up to continue it.

Haven’t seen that one. I don’t watch a lot of the newer stuff.

The old films are dated, but they chose the perfect actors for the characters and created a wonderful incarnation of Superman I think.