Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You're in for hell of a ride, @RogueAgent. Too much will happen from there and onward.
    You're in for hell of a ride, @RogueAgent. Too much will happen from there and onward.

Cool! That's how I like it!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am upto the episode of Agents of Shield Season 5 after
    Yo-yo has her arms chopped off, Fitz and Simmons Just got married.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've just today finished my binge of the Marvel Netflix shows. I watched them in release order, which never felt like it helped, but never felt like a hinderance. Overall, I was impressed with all of them, though each series had some low points. Daredevil season 2 lagged when the Punisher wasn't around, Iron Fist dragged its opening act over too many episodes, Luke Cage had villain problems and The Defenders only really connected with Daredevil and Iron Fist, it almost made Jessica Jones and Luke Cage feel superfluous.

I'd have to say Kingpin and Kilgrave were my favorite villains of the bunch, and The Punisher was the best series of the lot. Each show had what I felt was the appropriate level of humor for each character, nothing too excessive. Hopefully in its truncated sixth season, SHIELD can learn from the Netflix shows that a little is sometimes the best way to go.

Luke Cage season 2 in a few weeks. Bring it, Marvel.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Homeland finale.

Once again thoroughly enjoyed the series once again. Carrie had some serious bed hair going on at the end! Lol!

I'm on season 4. Great series, although i kind of miss Brody and his family...

Me and my future wife love it. However I think his death was staged which she thinks is hilarious. I reckon he will return in the final season when ever that may arise?

Really?

That would be some plot development!

lol! Yep, only time will tell!

Seoson 4 kind of limped to its conclusion. Why does Carrie have to mess everything up in EVERY season! And this series really isn't putting the CIA in a good light. They can't seem to get a win in this series!
    Homeland finale.

Once again thoroughly enjoyed the series once again. Carrie had some serious bed hair going on at the end! Lol!

I'm on season 4. Great series, although i kind of miss Brody and his family...

Me and my future wife love it. However I think his death was staged which she thinks is hilarious. I reckon he will return in the final season when ever that may arise?

Really?

That would be some plot development!

lol! Yep, only time will tell!

Seoson 4 kind of limped to its conclusion. Why does Carrie have to mess everything up in EVERY season! And this series really isn't putting the CIA in a good light. They can't seem to get a win in this series!

Stress and pressure I guess! Especially with her characters condition.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Doctor Who The Dalek Invasion of Earth Excellent seriel from the first Doctor, the early episodes were wonderfully atmospheric, comparable to classic Sci Fi cinema of the 50's and early 60's.
    Doctor Who worked my way through the first two era"s of the classic series, been great revisiting these great shows. The Ark, The Time Meddler, The Mind Robber and War Games favourites of mine.
    The Saint Helpful Pirate there are a few good actors in this enjoyable episode.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8iDXewzljiNYz6IK6uW0sjD9ImbjCfa_QwhrXSF1ZsKKhgevUdg

Paul%20Maxwell%20%20'The%20Saint'%20(1966)%205.5.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Homeland

Avoided this show for the longest time because I heard a few big spoilers over the years, but figured I'd give it a shot finally, and damn is it entertaining. Rarely a dull moment in this show, that's for sure. Starting the season two finale now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Creasy47, it's a fantastic show. Superb acting and character based. Glad you've discovered it. Season One is by far the best imho, but it maintains a relatively high level of quality throughout. I have to get to Season 7 shortly.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Creasy47, it's a fantastic show. Superb acting and character based. Glad you've discovered it. Season One is by far the best imho, but it maintains a relatively high level of quality throughout. I have to get to Season 7 shortly.

I'm happy to hear it doesn't have some inevitable drop off point that a good amount of shows seem to suffer from. It's been quite thrilling since that series premiere; I'm glad it doesn't take until the finale or thereabouts to get interesting, yet another killer of some shows for me.

Is the show over yet or is there more to come, and if so, how much? I want to check, but I know I'll regret it, coming across some major spoiler in doing so.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm happy to hear it doesn't have some inevitable drop off point that a good amount of shows seem to suffer from. It's been quite thrilling since that series premiere; I'm glad it doesn't take until the finale or thereabouts to get interesting, yet another killer of some shows for me.

Is the show over yet or is there more to come, and if so, how much? I want to check, but I know I'll regret it, coming across some major spoiler in doing so.
    They've just finished Season 7 and I believe the upcoming Season 8 will be the last one. So both this and House of Cards will finish up next year. If you've not seen Ray Donovan, I recommend that show too.
    Homeland

Avoided this show for the longest time because I heard a few big spoilers over the years, but figured I'd give it a shot finally, and damn is it entertaining. Rarely a dull moment in this show, that's for sure. Starting the season two finale now.

That is as bad as me not watching MI 5 Rogue nation until a few weeks ago. It is an excellent show creasy!!!
    Homeland

That is as bad as me not watching MI 5 Rogue nation until a few weeks ago. It is an excellent show creasy!!!

It took the right opportunity mixed with getting over the spoilers I knew to finally check it out. Saw one of the spoilers in season three, so only one to go now! I'm up to Season 4 Episode 5.

@bondjames, funny, I tried an episode of that (thought it looked great) but it didn't interest me at all, I'm afraid. As for House of Cards, I thought the final season was releasing by the end of the year? Maybe it's early 2019 then.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Luke Cage, Season 2.

Plain awesome. Better than the first season.

Going from a superhero John Shaft to a gatekeeper Don Corleone? Hell, Mike Colter oozes swagger and cool. Can’t wait for the next season.
    @Creasy47, I can understand that. Ray Donovan is an acquired taste. I thought I wouldn't like it either, because I'm normally not into Southie focused films or shows. However, the combination of working class Irish elements with glossy Hollywood wealth and glamour was sufficiently unique to draw me in. It's sort of like a more serious Get Shorty.

I still prefer the geopolitics of Homeland and the political machinations of House of Cards by a long shot though (you could be right on the final season of the latter closing out at the end of this year - I hadn't checked).
    I do have to say though, regarding Homeland - Carrie is wildly irritating and illogical a lot of the time. If this wasn't a TV show, she would've been out the door in the first season. She seems to be at her worst in this fourth season, she has a good bit of cringe moments.
    I do have to say though, regarding Homeland - Carrie is wildly irritating and illogical a lot of the time. If this wasn't a TV show, she would've been out the door in the first season. She seems to be at her worst in this fourth season, she has a good bit of cringe moments.
    I definitely agree. I don't remember much about S4 now but her illness doesn't square with her duties as a spook. I suppose she gets the benefit of the doubt from her employers because she is a bit of savant, and her hunches tend to be right.
    I definitely agree. I don't remember much about S4 now but her illness doesn't square with her duties as a spook. I suppose she gets the benefit of the doubt from her employers because she is a bit of savant, and her hunches tend to be right.

Agreed, but I feel like even for a TV show, the fact that she still retains the job, despite how consistently great she is at it, is a stretch. This whole side plotline involving:
    Her sleeping with the college student is tough to watch because it's pure cringe. Then, they lose the cleric that Quinn and Fara were following because she was too busy with the boy and didn't answer her phone...then has the gall to tell Quinn to do his job later on after being berated about it? She's insanely narcissistic.

Agreed, but I feel like even for a TV show, the fact that she still retains the job, despite how consistently great she is at it, is a stretch. This whole side plotline involving:
    Her sleeping with the college student is tough to watch because it's pure cringe. Then, they lose the cleric that Quinn and Fara were following because she was too busy with the boy and didn't answer her phone...then has the gall to tell Quinn to do his job later on after being berated about it? She's insanely narcissistic.
    It's slowly coming back to me now and yes, you're quite right. There is a large suspension of disbelief required to accept her in the role. To an extent, she is the fantasy element in the show. The rest of it (including the other characters) is reasonably grounded and quite realistic.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 40,468
    Absolutely. It doesn't really take me out of it, but I must admit when she's at her most foolish, it does get quite irritating. It's still great stuff overall, each episode is more engaging than the last. I said it the other day, but I really appreciate a show that manages to stay this way consistently, without relying on a season full of filler before a finale that answers all the questions (or actually manages to be enjoyable).

EDIT: Holy hell, towards the end of the fourth season, from the:
    Prisoner exchange on the tarmac to the assault on Saul and Carrie's convoy to this attack on the embassy is pure and utter intense insanity. Wow, this is wild.
    Currently watching 24 Legacy!!!
    Luke Cage eps 1-3
    My last TV show I watched was Cobra Kai. I was very impressed with it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I recently watched season 2 of Luke Cage, and then rewatched Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Luke Cage was kinda meh, Avatar and Korra were nice trips down memory lane.

Carries character sometimes makes me want to scream at the TV! Trouble is i think they use a lot of her illogical decisions to further the plot.

I've noticed the CIA in this series rarely get a 'win'

Still a great series though and i've just finished season 5 which is set in Berlin.
    Legion season 2 the first two episodes, at times this show is absolutely brilliant. some amazing visuals and high concept ideas, a must for Sci Fi fans. It's far more interesting than the majority of the X Men films.
    @LeonardPine, just finished season five earlier, as well! About to start episode three of season six. I was really digging the plot boiling further and further in season five, but was a bit upset to see:
    The entire sarin gas detonation attempt in Berlin resolved within five minutes of the season finale. The finale itself was still good, I just didn't expect it to wrap up so damn quick.
    @LeonardPine, just finished season five earlier, as well! About to start episode three of season six. I was really digging the plot boiling further and further in season five, but was a bit upset to see:
    The entire sarin gas detonation attempt in Berlin resolved within five minutes of the season finale. The finale itself was still good, I just didn't expect it to wrap up so damn quick.

Yeah agreed @Creasy47 it was also nice to see the CIA finally get a few wins!

Looking forward to season 6