Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Homeland

Was always intrigued by this series but never got around to watching it. Wow. Riveting in the extreme. Have watched the first season and I'm very impressed with the writing and acting.

Just started season 2 and I'm hooked already.
    Homeland

Was always intrigued by this series but never got around to watching it. Wow. Riveting in the extreme. Have watched the first season and I'm very impressed with the writing and acting.

Just started season 2 and I'm hooked already.

Excellent show! You have a lot of catching up to do! Lol!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've been a bit sick the past few days. So yesterday I decided to stay in and catch up on some shows that I've been behind on...

New Girl (three newest episodes)
    Supergirl (three newest episodes)
    The Walking Dead (four newest episodes, including the season final)
    Into the Badlands (two newest episodes)
    Comic Book Men (three newest episodes)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just finished Cobra Kai, a continuation of the original Karate Kid.

Enjoyed it greatly despite the material being simplistic.

As much as I hated Johnny in the original, all I did in this continuation was rooting for him rather than Daniel. Looking forward to the second season.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

As much as I hated Johnny in the original, all I did in this continuation was rooting for him rather than Daniel. Looking forward to the second season.

Glad to hear it! I thought it looked pretty good. Unfortunately I probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD, if it ever does. I refuse to pay for YouTubeRed just to watch one show. That's the same reason I haven't seen Star Trek Discovery yet.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I saw someone on YouTube doing a none spoiler review for this today, I need to check what channel in the UK is airing the show. The premise for the show sounds good, does not sound as Black and white as the first film with regards to good vs evil.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Close to finishing up the final season of The Wire. It's very good, some seasons better than others, but I'm not sure I'd crown it "the greatest TV show of all time" like I've heard uttered countless times over the years. That easily goes to The Sopranos, but still, another excellent series from HBO.

Glad to hear it! I thought it looked pretty good. Unfortunately I probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD, if it ever does. I refuse to pay for YouTubeRed just to watch one show. That's the same reason I haven't seen Star Trek Discovery yet.
    It's definitely great and doesn't shy away from referencing the past. But, it also subverts the story into a bigger and better evolution for the two men. There are also a few more additional interesting characters in the show that move the story forward for both Daniel and Johnny.

I saw someone on YouTube doing a none spoiler review for this today, I need to check what channel in the UK is airing the show. The premise for the show sounds good, does not sound as Black and white as the first film with regards to good vs evil.
    Oh indeed. It's definitely not a black and white narration as in the first film. There are prejudices, but then again there also are elements where you sympathize with both sides. I loved it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Close to finishing up the final season of The Wire. It's very good, some seasons better than others, but I'm not sure I'd crown it "the greatest TV show of all time" like I've heard uttered countless times over the years. That easily goes to The Sopranos, but still, another excellent series from HBO.

I couldn't get enthusiastic about either of those shows, tbh. Just couldn't get the hype.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It's definitely great and doesn't shy away from referencing the past. But, it also subverts the story into a bigger and better evolution for the two men. There are also a few more additional interesting characters in the show that move the story forward for both Daniel and Johnny.

Oh indeed. It's definitely not a black and white narration as in the first film. There are prejudices, but then again there also are elements where you sympathize with both sides. I loved it.

Looks like a deconstruction of sorts, I had no idea it existed until today.

I couldn't get enthusiastic about either of those shows, tbh. Just couldn't get the hype.

I'm not liking how tough it is to follow at times (i.e. random characters you have only heard by name randomly popping up episodes and seasons later) on top of the introduction of big new plots/characters every single season that sidelines what I was enjoying the season before.

Yes and no. It doesn't disrespect the source material at all. Danny is still himself whereas Johnny slowly sees a change of heart and how he was corrupted by Kreese whose intentions were always bad. Otherwise, Danny and Johnny both, as adult men, have respect for each other despite misgivings every now and then.

Yes and no. It doesn't disrespect the source material at all. Danny is still himself whereas Johnny slowly sees a change of heart and how he was corrupted by Kreese whose intentions were always bad. Otherwise, Danny and Johnny both, as adult men, have respect for each other despite misgivings every now and then.

Will definitely watch the show, I am early 40's so Karate Kid is one of those 80's movies I watched countless times. The adults (Kreese and Silver) were crazy when you think about there motives for revenge lol

Will definitely watch the show, I am early 40's so Karate Kid is one of those 80's movies I watched countless times. The adults (Kreese and Silver) were crazy when you think about there motives for revenge lol
    Haha, especially in the third film when Kreese brings Silver forward who devises this "master plan". :))

The characters are more believable and realistic here. Thankfully, so to say.

I'm not liking how tough it is to follow at times (i.e. random characters you have only heard by name randomly popping up episodes and seasons later) on top of the introduction of big new plots/characters every single season that sidelines what I was enjoying the season before.

Can agree with this. Don't mind tv shows challenging you a bit to pick up things, but it's very easy to get too confusing at the same time. A fine balance to manage this properly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    SEASON 1 of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

latest?cb=20111023065337

I had never seen this show before but a friend recommended it. Yesterday! Well, I started watching this morning and managed to finish the entire first season (22 episodes) in one session. I had a blast! Great show. Bateman, Arnett, ... all give us their best.
    @DarthDimi So glad to see someone else on here who watches (and enjoys) the show. I think I once looked for and failed to find an AD thread.

You're in for a real treat with S2 and S3. The writing is absolutely brilliant.

S5 is out later this month.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,297
    Just finished watching series five of Endeavour. Yet a brilliant set of episodes, possibly even better than the last series. A few elements were hinted at throughout the series, and made the finale even more exciting - also making the wait for the next series even more difficult! Really looking forward to see where they take things from here.

Endeavour is no doubt my favourite TV series right now.

Haha, especially in the third film when Kreese brings Silver forward who devises this "master plan". :))

The characters are more believable and realistic here. Thankfully, so to say.

Did you watch Cobra Kai on YouTube Red? It's a service that as far as I am aware is not available in the UK yet?

Trying to find where it's available to watch for UK viewers.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    What the hell? My son was watching new Thunderbirds Are Go, left the telly on and up pops Teen Titans Go! - WTF is this crap? Awful character design, stupid story and a cartoon with a laugh track? What the hell's going on in the DC Universe this is very, very bad.
    The Detectives an episode directed by a young Richard Donner, starring amongst a few familiar faces a young Adam West.
    Homeland finale.

Once again thoroughly enjoyed the series once again. Carrie had some serious bed hair going on at the end! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Homeland finale.

Once again thoroughly enjoyed the series once again. Carrie had some serious bed hair going on at the end! Lol!

I'm on season 4. Great series, although i kind of miss Brody and his family...
    La Casa De Papel/Money Heist

That was one DAMN fun way to spend the last few days, I flew through both parts of this over the weekend. It's not the best show, don't get me wrong - some cheap effects here and there, some plot holes, but the acting was terrific and I can't say I've ever seen a heist film/series in the same vein as this. Bring on Part 3, I'm already eager to see how they continue this story.
    The Island USA with Bear Grylls Season One, I really enjoy this show its interesting to see how extreme circumstances effect people psychologically.
    Homeland finale.

Me and my future wife love it. However I think his death was staged which she thinks is hilarious. I reckon he will return in the final season when ever that may arise?
    Homeland finale.

Me and my future wife love it. However I think his death was staged which she thinks is hilarious. I reckon he will return in the final season when ever that may arise?

Really?

That would be some plot development!
    Homeland finale.

Really?

That would be some plot development!

lol! Yep, only time will tell!
    Rewatching season 1 of The IT Crowd Denholm Reynholm is hilarious.
    Agents of Shield.

Series 5 Episode 13.

Just love this show.