Nice plate...........Mr. Bond.

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
edited March 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 1,400
edited

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 12,914
    I like your thinking, @=bg=. Had a similar thought many times driving home from work.

Saw the equivalent of this one (though "007GAL"), US Virginia plates.

007girl.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    oh that wasn't my plate- i wish. best one i saw was on a silver Z8- it said DBL07Z8.
    Definitely took you as observing plates in existence, @=bg=. There are some clever ones out there.

nice-try-mr-bond-95992.jpg

I guess for future sightings I should report the make and model as you did.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,727
    This one of mine is rather more oblique, but still...

My registration plate here in the UK ends in 2805, which is the birthday of Ian Fleming (28/05/1908).

It was already on the car when I bought it and as a Fleming/Bond fan it was a nice little added bonus although I only noticed it after buying the car back in 2011.
    Happenstance can be a great thing, @Dragonpol. My co-worker relocated to work in the area and the state-assigned plate had the same three-letter code as the purchase program he was responsible for.

Now this guy is all in, fully committed.
    clever-license-plates.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That's lovely! It's not as easy over here, since you can only have registrations that would occur in the natural sequence, and plates that accidentally include something fun change hands for hundreds of pounds.

Your best bet would be to look for a car registered in 2007 in Birmingham, with a BO07 plate, or perhaps you could be AO07 FAN from Anglia. If you think of any good ones, try https://www.newreg.co.uk/ to see if they're available!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Happenstance can be a great thing, @Dragonpol. My co-worker relocated to work in the area and the state-assigned plate had the same three-letter code as the purchase program he was responsible for.

Am I the only one who thinks having a plate like that is totally contrary to the understated class of being an Aston owner? On a Lambo fine but you expect an Aston driver to have a little more refinement surely?

I can imagine Brozza Bond being this naff but not a serious Fleming Bond like Dalton.
    I can imagine Brozza Bond being this naff but not a serious Fleming Bond like Dalton.

Funny you should say that...

238716_600.jpg
    With the Aston Martin V12 Vantage SKYFALL plate, probably the guy (or gal) owns a second one for those necessary moments of understated class. So the plate itself is fun and in the spirit of having a luxury auto. (Need to rethink the plate frame, though.)

What I find an egregious act is placing (any kind of) bumper sticker on an AM. Almost unforgivable.
    brosnan.jpg
    So who did that?
    1340024019.png

I wouldn't wish the vehicle to be destroyed by flames just for a bumper sticker, though.
    la-me-ln-pierce-brosnan-house-fire-20150212
    This guy must have two.

SC06_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_green.jpg
    A friend reports seeing 0007 BRO (yikes!) on a DB9 the other day.
    Don't understand the attraction of a personalized number plate. It might make you chuckle, but driving around with it, is just…No, would never considered that.

(sorry to those who are driving around with one, haha!)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited March 2018 Posts: 6,758

Am I the only one who thinks having a plate like that is totally contrary to the understated class of being an Aston owner? On a Lambo fine but you expect an Aston driver to have a little more refinement surely?

Agreed. Such plates are pretty crass.

My current bike came with one! It means nothing to me - I might try and sell it and get whatever the old reg was back.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

My current bike came with one! It means nothing to me - I might try and sell it and get whatever the old reg was back.

What does the number plate say?

It ends in HDA, which I'm assuming is for HONDA but could be the previous owner's initials for all I know.

I won't give it in full in case someone is waiting for the opportunity to trace my address and personal history from it.

(And now I've said that I'll probably post a photo with the plate in full view next week.)

It ends in HDA, which I'm assuming is for HONDA but could be the previous owner's initials for all I know.

I won't give it in full in case someone is waiting for the opportunity to trace my address and personal history from it.

(And now I've said that I'll probably post a photo with the plate in full view next week.)

Pity. I thought it would be SXY CHK! ;)
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

That's understandable! I drive a Honda car myself, but it being a hybrid doesn't exactly scream "cred". Imagine if I had a personalized number plate, as well!

That's understandable! I drive a Honda car myself, but it being a hybrid doesn't exactly scream "cred". Imagine if I had a personalized number plate, as well!

HY BYE would be perfect, don't you think?
    DB11. I'm gonna trust his judgment on this one.

10497494.jpg
    10077346.jpg
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 3,000
    I just checked the DMV website and unfortunately BMT 216A is already taken in California. Darn.
    I also searched Virginia, standard plate, BMT 216A. Already taken.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

What would that stand for? Just woke up, so you have to forgive me for not catching that one!

What would that stand for? Just woke up, so you have to forgive me for not catching that one!

HYBRID BYE.

That reg is trying to say that a hybrid is really speedy and will leave all other cars in a ball of smoke!

It wasn't a great one maybe but it was the best I could come up with last night!

...OK, imagine Bond's reaction if he had to drive a car with that plate.

That reaction is also my reaction.

...OK, imagine Bond's reaction if he had to drive a car with that plate.

That reaction is also my reaction.

No, I was talking about you of course! ;)
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

HYBRID BYE.

That reg is trying to say that a hybrid is really speedy and will leave all other cars in a ball of smoke!

It wasn't a great one maybe but it was the best I could come up with last night!

Haha, not bad at all! It's not a speedy car, I can tell you that, so it would have been quite an ironic number plate!

Like the car, though. Perfect for it's use.

HYBRID BYE.

Haha, not bad at all! It's not a speedy car, I can tell you that, so it would have been quite an ironic number plate!

Yes, I was kind of trying for silly/ironic humour there but probably failed!

HYBRID BYE.

Yes, I was kind of trying for silly/ironic humour there but probably failed!

Could do worse! The car actually has a sports mode gear, but I've never had much use of it.

Folks have their interests and want to express themselves.

GoldenEye-License-Plate.jpg