Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,453
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Fallout 4 and Far Harbor dlc. I also started a new save with different character, so my character could be bad, whe I reach the point I can visit Nuka World.

Been so long since I've played this, but I recall that being my favorite of all the DLC packs - not saying much, though, since two or three of them were purely cosmetic additions.

EDIT: Platinum Trophy and 100% completion are now mine for The Witcher 3. What a pain, but what a blast.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Friday The 13th: The Game
    Just before logging in, I had a match where there were two counselors trolling me. There was so much teabagging, that 'Tetley' should have been stencilled on Jasons mask. I kept my calm, and picked my moments, took one down, then the other. I finished the match with a 7/8 score, only one escape. And people say PtVIII Jason is useless. He isn't useless, you just need to know how to use the strengths of PtVIII Jason to compensate for the weaknesses. Same goes for the other Jasons, really.

I have also started recording matches, and uploading them to my Youtube account.
    Just before logging in, I had a match where there were two counselors trolling me. There was so much teabagging, that 'Tetley' should have been stencilled on Jasons mask. I kept my calm, and picked my moments, took one down, then the other. I finished the match with a 7/8 score, only one escape. And people say PtVIII Jason is useless. He isn't useless, you just need to know how to use the strengths of PtVIII Jason to compensate for the weaknesses. Same goes for the other Jasons, really.

I have also started recording matches, and uploading them to my Youtube account.

Should link us some day, I'd enjoy watching them - I've heard the online is incredibly toxic, it's why I won't ever purchase it.
    Going to be buying the remake of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga soon (for the 3DS). The original on the GBA is an all-time favorite of mine; an extremely addicting, colorful, and fun game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Should link us some day, I'd enjoy watching them - I've heard the online is incredibly toxic, it's why I won't ever purchase it.

Toxic is a word that I couldn't disagree with. I would strongly recommend finding a group of players to play with, otherwise it won't be a fun experience. Picture the scene. You have put the battery and the petrol in the 4 seat car, I repeat, the 4 seat car, 1 player will watch you do this, and when you leave the car to find the keys, they jump in and escape on their own. I had that happen to me early on.

But since the games release, I have managed to find a number of players to start a party, that I know won't exploit the game. We have fun with the game, but we won't screw other over.

For some reason, I can't post the link, as the forum thinks it's a video. But my account name is, what else could it be: Bond8789.

I only have 5 videos up so far, but this last match will be uploaded tomorrow. Here is my most recent video:

I just don't have enough friends with a PS4 and similar interests to ever find a proper "group" to play with. The only one is Overwatch, but I'm beyond sick and tired of that game now. Ready for something new.
    I just don't have enough friends with a PS4 and similar interests to ever find a proper "group" to play with. The only one is Overwatch, but I'm beyond sick and tired of that game now. Ready for something new.

There are a few PSN communities for the game. They'd help in finding other players. I just jumped in, and gradually got friend requests and invites for other matches. Finding as many honest players is key to enjoying the game. Too many players don't understand that teamwork among the counselors, is what the game is about.

I must have done it after your post, but I edited in my most recent upload from a week ago. I have started using my mic, which for someone as shy as I am, took a while for me to build up the courage to talk.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Witcher 3

With both DLC's now fully complete, it's time to get that Platinum with a Death March playthrough. I'm currently on my way to Velen (the only optional stuff I'll be doing is Places of Power/the side quests required for the one missable trophy I forgot about the first time around), and while it's not as tough as I had expected, it's definitely not a walk in the park, either.

I was watching an Xbox One show on YouTube talking about Witcher 3 with 4K enhancement the graphics looked stunning, think I'll have to buy this.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Tomb Raider 2013

Not a bad game, a little like Uncharted mixed with open-world features. Now I just need to find time to explore the open world.
    The Witcher 3

With both DLC's now fully complete, it's time to get that Platinum with a Death March playthrough. I'm currently on my way to Velen (the only optional stuff I'll be doing is Places of Power/the side quests required for the one missable trophy I forgot about the first time around), and while it's not as tough as I had expected, it's definitely not a walk in the park, either.

I was watching an Xbox One show on YouTube talking about Witcher 3 with 4K enhancement the graphics looked stunning, think I'll have to buy this.

It looked incredible for me, and that was only with a 4K TV, not a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X. I'm hoping to get a Pro come October, I can't imagine how amazing Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to look on it.
    Kingdome Come: Deliverance
    Patch 1.05 went live yesterday, but I didn't get around to playing until today . A list of problems have been addressed. The lockpicking has been altered, but now it just looks more confusing than it actually is. I complained about the lockpicking at first, but then I got used to it. The same system has been tweaked, and this one I like. Now we are able to see which beds will allow us to save, and which ones simply allow us to pass time. I'm glad that I am playing the game now, supporting this new developer that is actually listening to fans, and sticking by their vision. But I am going to have to replay the game again, when all the wrinkles have been ironed out. When it is running as smoothly as it deserves to be, I think this will be one of the most immersive gaming experiences ever.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Witcher 3

It looked incredible for me, and that was only with a 4K TV, not a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X. I'm hoping to get a Pro come October, I can't imagine how amazing Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to look on it.

Red Dead 2 can't wait, that's a game I know that I will get absorbed by I played the first game for hours at a time.

Been playing Burnout Paradise Remastered looks very good they have done considerable work on this game, I am glad the game has been future proofed.

Been playing Doom and Destiny 2, the 4K enhancement on Destiny 2 looks fantastic.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's the GOTY edition of Hitman purchased and currently downloading. Will be sure to post any thoughts when I have them, and thanks to those who steered me in the direction.
    That's the GOTY edition of Hitman purchased and currently downloading. Will be sure to post any thoughts when I have them, and thanks to those who steered me in the direction.

Good man. You're in for a treat - wish I could experience it for the first time again. Eager for Season Two to inevitably be unveiled during E3.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, at that price I'd have been an idiot not to buy it, as I did like the looks of it and a good number of extras come with it, including a new campaign.

I'm quite excited. I've seen parts of the first two levels through some let's plays or official trailers and gameplay videos over time, but the other levels are largely unknown to me. I look forward to exploring them for all the minute details and the best ways to approach the targets.
    @Creasy47, at that price I'd have been an idiot not to buy it, as I did like the looks of it and a good number of extras come with it, including a new campaign.

I'm quite excited. I've seen parts of the first two levels through some let's plays or official trailers and gameplay videos over time, but the other levels are largely unknown to me. I look forward to exploring them for all the minute details and the best ways to approach the targets.

Good; the less you've seen, the better. The best way to experience the game is learning it all on your own: every nook, cranny, hidden and tucked away item. The more familiar you are with your surroundings, the better the strategies and paths you can come up with.
    Hitman 2016 is a game that encourages exploration. There are many ways to complete each mission.
    Hitman 2016 is a game that encourages exploration. There are many ways to complete each mission.

Absolutely. You can take an entire hotel, filled with dozens and dozens of rooms, and find just one miscellaneous staff room tucked away holding one of the most essential items in the entire level.
    I do like the open world combined with the randomness of it all. Not knowing what a room from a far away corner of the level will have that is a lifesaver, or not knowing if the item that helped you last time will be where you remembered it.

The game is designed to make every replay feel different, like you really have to do it for the first time as 47 is. That is very encouraging, and I like the challenge of that.

I also think they did the smart thing and went with a less forced story that connects from location to location. I thought Absolution was a solid game, but tight and ongoing narratives with twists and turns don't really work well with 47's character, I've seen. The games are much better when it's just about using a location to get at your target, a target you're given reason to kill simply by what's in your file with no other strings attached that are motivated by a greater story.

The larger story of Absolution and 47's place in it still feels ill suited to me, as much as I thought the game was successful, especially as a technical achievement (the crowds and lighting engine still hold up!). Asking a character like 47 to feel emotion, or to give him a story where he suddenly has these human compulsions, felt very strange to me. Best to leave him as the cold killer who silently grapples with such things without too much passion.
    Personally I prefer a more story driven connection between the missions, but Abomination really rubbed me up the wrong way with the forced action. This is why Blood Money is my favourite Hitman game. The missions are connected though a story arc, and allows the player to tackle each mission as they want, but playing stealthy, keeping 47's notoriety at 0, is infinitely more rewarding.
    Absolution was wayyy too story-driven and linear for my tastes. The tweaks to the gameplay system and improved graphics were appreciated, but once I completed the game, that was it for me, whereas all the other titles in the series have gotten several hundred extra hours of playtime out of me after the credits initially rolled.
    IL 2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey (PS3)
    I wish the opening chapter was spread across the entire game. The first chapter involves flying a MkII Hurricane over Dover for the Battle Of Britain.

BloodStone (PS3)
    By far this has the best driving of any Bond game, but the on foot segments are lacking. There being no crouch option is bizarre. It has always bothered me how Bond arrives at the dig site in the DBS, but leaves in the DB5. No explanation, just a lazy way to crowbar the DB5 in.

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
    Despite the best efforts of my Dad, a big fan of the Western genre, i'm not a fan. But not being a fan hasn't stopped me from enjoying this game. Well... when I say "enjoying", this isn't my first play through, so the later events of the game are hanging over me like a thundercloud.

Friday The 13th: The Game (PS4)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm creeping, watching you enjoy some Hitman!

Via PSN, of course...I'm totally not outside of your bedroom window watching you play or anything, I promise. Just don't look. Cause I'm not out here. I swear.
    I don’t know how many GameBoy Advance fans we have here, but it is among my favorite system. Bought a bunch of games online to play eventually (Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda: Minish Cap, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3, and Superstar Saga).
    Heavy Rain, an interesting movie. Haven't experienced it in a few years. Saw it on sale on ps store and bougt the ps4 special edition. I do enjoy these David Cage movies. Interesting ideas. I just hope Detroit - Become Human carries these interesting themes from his previous "movies".

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I don’t know how many GameBoy Advance fans we have here, but it is among my favorite system. Bought a bunch of games online to play eventually (Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda: Minish Cap, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3, and Superstar Saga).

You have bought several quality titles. How much did it set you back?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 12,257
    FoxRox wrote: »

You have bought several quality titles. How much did it set you back?

Too much... like 100 bucks. I purposefully went after authentic, quality copies of these games though. When seeking out GBA games, one must be very careful to avoid cheaper bootleg cartridges. They are everywhere.
    Been in a heavy gaming mood lately but have run out of stuff to play on the PS4, so figured it was high time I bought an Xbox One S to check out their exclusives and some much-loved 360 backwards compatible titles I've been yearning to return to.

$299 for a brand new console with digital copies of Rainbow Six Siege (can't wait to try it out again) and Assassin's Creed: Origins isn't too shabby at all.
    Been in a heavy gaming mood lately but have run out of stuff to play on the PS4, so figured it was high time I bought an Xbox One S to check out their exclusives and some much-loved 360 backwards compatible titles I've been yearning to return to.

$299 for a brand new console with digital copies of Rainbow Six Siege (can't wait to try it out again) and Assassin's Creed: Origins isn't too shabby at all.

Assassin's Creed: Origins is a great looking game, I sold Rainbow Six Siege I could not get into the game despite loving the Vegas games which were brilliant. Suprised you did not get the Xbox One X

Assassin's Creed: Origins is a great looking game, I sold Rainbow Six Siege I could not get into the game despite loving the Vegas games which were brilliant. Suprised you did not get the Xbox One X

I was going to but didn't want to spend hundreds more to get one; the S is capable of 4K and HDR and gives me access to the same range of games, so I'm more than happy enough with the purchase.

Just bought the Xbox One GOTY Edition of Grand Theft Auto IV on eBay, my favorite game ever. Beyond excited to finally return to it.