No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Yes, @AlexanderWaverly and @bondjames , my apologies-- I can't stand the TDM, and I thought that it was their usual drama of fluffing a piece. I realize that this is now Baz's work. My apologies.

But I still do a round-about back to my original thought: this article, or others connected from this DNA of news-reporting, would, for now, prove, that, unlike what was being insinuated before from bondjames, no re-boot is being planned, especially if DC is one of the parties "willing" the boyle project to come to fruition.

And thank you @bondjames , you've no idea what head explodes when I'm under duress! You're very kind to worry about my well-being. So, I now pass on to you: so long's I'm not worrying, you don't need to worry!
  • peter wrote: »
    Yes, @AlexanderWaverly and @bondjames , my apologies-- I can't stand the TDM, and I thought that it was their usual drama of fluffing a piece. I realize that this is now Baz's work. My apologies.

But I still do a round-about back to my original thought: this article, or others connected from this DNA of news-reporting, would, for now, prove, that, unlike what was being insinuated before from bondjames, no re-boot is being planned, especially if DC is one of the parties "willing" the boyle project to come to fruition.

And thank you @bondjames , you've no idea what head explodes when I'm under duress! You're very kind to worry about my well-being. So, I now pass on to you: so long's I'm not worrying, you don't need to worry!

@peter: No worries. I understand your feelings about the Daily Mail.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @peter, the reboot was just initial harmless speculation on my part based on the low budget discussion, which has most recently accompanied a reboot. Certainly not insinuation as you state. Why ever would you get that idea? Unless it's just a misunderstanding of the word.

Re: the worrying: something tells me we're going in circles. Best to leave it be. You don't worry. I don't worry. We'll both be happy.
    ---

@AlexanderWaverly in addition to your points, if I'm not mistaken Baz also called Craig's return before it happened and he debunked Nolan as director prior to Christmas. So yes, he's usually quite accurate.
  • As an aside, the way I read Bamigboye's latest story was that Variety, Deadline and The Hollywood Report (all of which had a piece of the story) were, essentially all correct as far as they went.

1. Variety identified Boyle as a director candidate.

2. Deadline came out with the Hodge writing up his and Boyle's story idea and that Boyle directing depended on that getting accepted.

3. THR said Boyle was going to direct this musical movie first.
    As an aside, the way I read Bamigboye's latest story was that Variety, Deadline and The Hollywood Report (all of which had a piece of the story) were, essentially all correct as far as they went.

1. Variety identified Boyle as a director candidate.

2. Deadline came out with the Hodge writing up his and Boyle's story idea and that Boyle directing depended on that getting accepted.

3. THR said Boyle was going to direct this musical movie first.
    That's true. A lot of the rumours and leaks from the past year and a half have proven to be quite accurate in retrospect. We've had very few surprises. The Nolan rumour should have been seen as illegitimate from the start because he wouldn't do it unless he had a new actor in the chair.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Oh, snap, @bondjames. I don't think I misunderstood anything.

"Smaller budget suggests reboot to me." via @bondjames.

Insinuation: an unpleasant hint or suggestion of something bad.
    "I've done nothing to deserve all your vicious insinuations" but more synonyms: implication, inference, suggestion, hint, intimation, connotation, innuendo, reference, allusion, indication, undertone, overtone;

My bad if i, like, inncinewatated moore at bundjahms.
    Oh so you meant my suggestion (the synonym).

Not the more common use which suggests something bad or unpleasant.

Ah, I see now. Good.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    @talos7, you also bring this nice dose of realistic expectation-- plus you know what it takes to get get in the gym (running not being one of them for compositional changes/fitness, I'm guessing; more metabolic training and conditioning is the school of fit I think you come from? )

Thank you, it may be semantics but I see a re-boot as a re-imagining of a series or franchise that is completely separate from what preceded it. Even if Bond 25 completely ignores the events of Craig's previous films, it still exist in his timeline and this incarnation of Bond; it just has no need to mention anything from previous films but it isn't a reboot.

And yes, I'm not a fan of traditional running. I use a combination of traditional weight training, maintaining muscle elevates resting metabolism, and HIT. For those who are interested The fundamental principles of High Intensity Training (HIT) are that exercise should be brief, infrequent, and intense. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort, or intensity, where it is thought that it will stimulate the body to produce an increase in muscular strength and size.
    As it applies to Craig; I think he employees a similar routine. He WILL be ready, and looking fit for filming.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Yeah, just so we're clear: Your assumption, suggestion and insinuation was wrong, by the evidence, as it stands now.

(rolling eyes so the dry hinges WHINE loud).

If you'd like to predict that a re-boot is happening (perhaps what you meant when you first suggested your opinion), then I won't say that you're wrong or right...

Some people find being fallible a weakness, @bondjames... I always suggest for those to just climb off the horse.

You have a g'night.
    talos7 wrote: »
    .it may be semantics but I see a re-boot as a re-imagining of a series or franchise that is completely separate from what preceded it. Even if Bond 25 completely ignores the events of Craig's previous films, it still exist in his timeline and this incarnation of Bond; it just has no need to mention anything from previous films but it isn't a reboot.
    There is a way to reboot or reset within an iteration. They arguably did that with the last Thor film, which was completely different tonally from what preceded it, while still having the same cast of characters. Honestly, it felt like a different universe. They dropped some of the regulars from the last two films, and perhaps that will happen with B25 (and in particular, some of the Scooby members or even Tanner).

---
    Sorry @peter I have no idea what you're going on about now. Of course we're fallible, most of all myself. I've been wrong more times than I've been right here and I'll be the first to admit that. Not sure what your point is. Just to clarify, we were having a discussion about low budget and I suggested that it could mean a reboot. My thinking was based on the fact that the last two films which had lower budgets (the Campbell ones) were those that were reboots (soft and hard). It really wasn't a prediction otherwise I would have come out and said that. More idle theoretical conjecture in the course of discussion about possible smaller budgets, and of course I knew that Craig was mentioned in the tweet to begin with. Your post to me in response indicated a bit of a misunderstanding of that, and the further use of the word insinuate and now your last rather hostile post seems to confirm that. Oh well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @talos7 : music to my ears (not just about DC, but, yes, high intensity workouts (that gets the HR up and breaks-down muscle at the same time-- anaerobic activity-- is, as science proves, the most efficient way of fat loss/ lean mass gain than anything else we could be doing (it takes the design of the body and mimics movement patterns we should be doing all day long, but in a shorter period of time).

Oh, Dog, thank you for speaking up about this training (and, it is transformative, boosting testosterone and human growth-- everything that will make you, me and DC look great again; people think they "run for fitness"-- but we now know, running is horrible for the skeleton; after a while the repetition of the movement stops using fat as fuel and will actually eat into muscle; more and more runners compositions end up being a very frustrating "skinny-fat" very low lean mass (muscle) vs higher fat %).
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    .it may be semantics but I see a re-boot as a re-imagining of a series or franchise that is completely separate from what preceded it. Even if Bond 25 completely ignores the events of Craig's previous films, it still exist in his timeline and this incarnation of Bond; it just has no need to mention anything from previous films but it isn't a reboot.
    There is a way to reboot or reset within an iteration. They arguably did that with the last Thor film, which was completely different tonally from what preceded it, while still having the same cast of characters. Honestly, it felt like a different universe. They dropped some of the regulars from the last two films, and perhaps that will happen with B25 (and in particular, some of the Scooby members or even Tanner).

---
    Sorry @peter I have no idea what you're going on about now. Of course we're fallible, most of all myself. I've been wrong more times than I've been right here and I'll be the first to admit that. Not sure what your point is. Just to clarify, we were having a discussion about low budget and I suggested that it could mean a reboot. My thinking was based on the fact that the last two films which had lower budgets (the Campbell ones) were those that were reboots (soft and hard). It really wasn't a prediction otherwise I would have come out and said that. More idle theoretical conjecture in the course of discussion about possible smaller budgets, and of course I knew that Craig was mentioned in the tweet to begin with. Your post to me in response indicated a bit of a misunderstanding of that, and the further use of the word insinuate and now your last rather hostile post seems to confirm that. Oh well.

I see your point; it boils down to how a individual defines a word or term , in this case re-boot.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Uh, @bondjames -- no hostility from me. It's called being sardonic;

Like I keep asking you: we live in the same city: lets go for coffee and chat Bond for an hour. But you always ignore my invitation (I'm not joking by the way; we should; I think we're two bright ppl who would have a lot to say!)

However, when one says: Smaller budget suggests reboot to me... you are, I'm afraid, making an insinuation, and, yes, a prediction.

We could argue about this all night, but, instead of that, don't assume you're under attack, and, instead, see how your words can easily be perceived.

Anyways, coffee or a drink is on me, bondjames. I promise I won't bite, and, contrary to my confusion of Boyle/Doyle I've been described as pleasant company. You should try me some time. Honestly.
    bondjames wrote: »

---

I see your point; it boils down to how a individual defines a word or term , in this case re-boot.
    @talos7 just to be clear, when I initially speculated on (as opposed to predicted) a reboot, I did indeed contemplate a traditional hard reboot, even though I knew Craig was mentioned in the initial tweet. Just because that is what has traditionally accompanied a budget scale back in the recent past. Generally Bond films tend to scale up within a tenure, rather than scale back (the last one to scale down in a tenure being FYEO 37 years ago).

However, having read your earlier post, I thought further about it and Thor came to mind. After the long time that will have passed between SP and B25, a new writer could create a different tone and universe for the current iteration just as they did in that film, and give the impression of a reboot without actually doing one.
    ---

@peter, just to clarify again, no prediction. Prediction to me confers a degree of certainty, and my speculation was anything but. When I want to make a prediction I will come out and say that, as I did when I went on record early to state that Nolan wouldn't do B25 if Craig was Bond.

I think those who have followed my posts over the years know that I like to theorize on a variety of topics. My posts express my thinking as I come up with it. Then I correct or reassess and go in another direction.

I apologize if my manner of communicating is resulting in some misunderstanding of my intention to you. However, they were my words and I hope you'll allow me the privilege of telling you what I meant as opposed to you telling me what I meant. I hope it's clear as mud to you now.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I enjoyed both Trainspotting films and was hoping Mendes wouldn't be back, so if true, I'm happy with Boyle.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ok , just so I’m clear: you have a following? Over the years you have collected a following of readers? And these followers understand your process of thinking/re-assessment?... Hmm

That is very cool! No jokes on my part. Seriously, I get it.
    To everyone who may misunderstand @peter's sardonic humour, I did not intend to be facetious in my earlier comments. I only meant to point out that I am prone to theorizing, in case anyone else takes makes the mistake that he seems to be making regarding my idle chatter and speculation.

I don't work in the industry and have no connections to writers or EON insiders or anything. My guesswork (and that's all it is) as as good (or bad) as anyone else's.

@peter I'm sure you realize that we all follow everyone else's posts on this forum. Over time we get a feel for where a particular poster is coming from on and where their fandom lies as well as how they think. That's all I was saying. I wasn't insinuating anything else. Nothing sinister, I can assure you.
    --

EDIT: @jake24, apologies on wasting a few posts on this thread. Just felt the need to clarify what appeared to have been a misunderstanding with another poster. I'm moving on.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    How very exciting. I hope that the structure of this film will be more in line with the first 20 than the previous 4.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No worries, @bondjames.
    How very exciting. I hope that the structure of this film will be more in line with the first 20 than the previous 4.

Me, too. I hope that what is meant by completely different as opposed to the same old Bond.
    Unless, of course, Hodge's script is devoid of ALL elements and traditions that make it a Bond film :gun-barrel, PTS, title sequence, theme song, Bond music, etc

edited March 2018 Posts: 2,630
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Me, too. I hope that what is meant by completely different as opposed to the same old Bond.
    Unless, of course, Hodge's script is devoid of ALL elements and traditions that make it a Bond film :gun-barrel, PTS, title sequence, theme song, Bond music, etc

Assuming that “same old Bond” is the Bond we saw in Skyfall/Spectre, I welcome the change. I have an idea in my head about how a Bond film should be structured:

1. Gunbarrel
    2. Action-packed pre-titles
    3. Title sequence
    4. Catalyst to the plot (villain introduction)
    5. Bond meets with M, Moneypenny, Q
    6. Bond travels, investigates, possibly infiltrates villain HQ to get info
    7. Bond meets/beds secondary girl (possibly villainess)
    8. Bond learns about villain, sets meeting
    9. Villain discovers Bond, henchman give chase (car chase sequence)
    10. Bond meets/beds main girl
    11. Bond confronts villain, captured by villain
    12. Climactic big action sequence
    13. Bond kills villain
    14. Bond beds main girl
    15. Credits
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Assuming that “same old Bond” is the Bond we saw in Skyfall/Spectre, I welcome the change. I have an idea in my head about how a Bond film should be structured:

1. Gunbarrel
    2. Action-packed pre-titles
    3. Title sequence
    4. Catalyst to the plot (villain introduction)
    5. Bond meets with M, Moneypenny, Q
    6. Bond travels, investigates, possibly infiltrates villain HQ to get info
    7. Bond meets/beds secondary girl (possibly villainess)
    8. Bond learns about villain, sets meeting
    9. Villain discovers Bond, henchman give chase (car chase sequence)
    10. Bond meets/beds main girl
    11. Bond confronts villain, captured by villain
    12. Climactic big action sequence
    13. Bond kills villain
    14. Bond beds main girl
    15. Credits
    One can only hope. One can only dream.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 727
    That sounds like a depressingly cynical way of making a film. A path that can only lead to an artificially formulaic product. The structure should spring organically from the themes, character and narrative.
    That sounds like a depressingly cynical way of making a film. A path that can only lead to an artificially formulaic product. The structure should spring organically from the themes, character and narrative.

While this is true, I do feel like some elements of the formula must be included for it to be a Bond film (gunbarrel, titles, Bond theme, etc)
    I’m surprised at all the negativity. This is great news I think.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Purvis and Wade riding off, looking for new work.
    Morgan_og_Ola-Conny_p%C3%A5_opplevelsesreise__episode_3_Original_55810.jpg?1439636504
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m surprised at all the negativity. This is great news I think.

I agree!

Everyone complains about the same old stuff (P&W, Mendes, etc), then still are upset with something new. I say it’s worth the chance!! Rather gamble on something fresh and different than stick to mediocrity (SP).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Purvis and Wade riding off, looking for new work.
    Morgan_og_Ola-Conny_p%C3%A5_opplevelsesreise__episode_3_Original_55810.jpg?1439636504

Bike Another Day. =))
    The Bike is not Enough.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2018 Posts: 4,554
    If it is Boyle and Boyle brought in Arctic Monkeys for the London games, is it not outside the realm of possibility that the band would do the theme song for Bond 25?

tumblr_mlacldwSlS1qg4blro1_500.gif