The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Stargate has a really interesting concept.

Apparently Roland Emmerich is rebooting the film series, hope it's better than Independence Day 2
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    For anyone living in the USA, does amazon usually have a big Black Friday list of deals on blu rays
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    For anyone living in the USA, does amazon usually have a big Black Friday list of deals on blu rays

@JamesBondKenya, I've seen some deals about, yes.

The two big daily deals that have about 10 hours left on them are these...

A nine film collection of Batman/Superman films containing all the Christopher Reeve Supermans and Superman Returns, the two Burton Batman films and the two Schumacher films:
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B075FLVB84/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_dlp66382_mdl?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=WK368XGYRP83NP68V21F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=0&pf_rd_i=283155

And if you like the newest DCEU films they are offering a collection of Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Womani for $35:
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B075FBMBPY/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_dlp66382_mdl?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=WK368XGYRP83NP68V21F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=0&pf_rd_i=283155

I only like two of those films, but a great deal for those that enjoy each.

And here's the pages of blu-ray or 4K HD deals that come up when I searched "Blu-ray" under the Black Friday tag in the search box:
    https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=black-friday&field-keywords=Blu-ray

There's a lot of 4K releases that come with the Blu-ray disc in there and many of the films have pretty great price cuts so you may find things you like.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Thanks for posting that DCEU bundle, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I went for it. The only films I really like are Wonder Woman and the first half of Man of Steel. But I also recall not finding Suicide Squad absolutely terrible the last time I watched it, and Batman Vs. Superman at least has Gal Gadot in it. And more importantly, terrible or not, I know I'll at least feel the inclination to watch all of these films from time to time over the years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks for posting that DCEU bundle, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I went for it. The only films I really like are Wonder Woman and the first half of Man of Steel. But I also recall not finding Suicide Squad absolutely terrible the last time I watched it, and Batman Vs. Superman at least has Gal Gadot in it. And more importantly, terrible or not, I know I'll at least feel the inclination to watch all of these films from time to time over the years.

No problem, @Some_Kind_Of_Hero. I figured that some on here may like the films enough to check them out for what is a steal, and that was the daily Black Friday deal on Amazon today. I'll have to see what tomorrow's is. Hoping for some deals on blu-rays of older films, as I don't really care for new releases.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I dare not look at the black Friday deals for fear of a spending frenzy lol
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The Fourth Protocol. The only thing that's a bit out of place is the ending. The rest of the film, while not great, is impeccably executed.

Have you read the book? So much better (especially the set-up at the beginning), one of Forsyth's finest reads.

I haven't, but it's in my radar, along with The Day of the Jackal.

I find it intriguing to know the set-up at the beginning might be better, given that was my favorite part of the film.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 28,694
    There's really nothing amazing, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Hopefully the deals get better leading up to the holiday and after.
    There's really nothing amazing, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Hopefully the deals get better leading up to the holiday and after.

In the UK some shops have a two week black Friday already spent alot today, UK Amazon Black Friday is 24th November though they have pre Black Friday deals, I'll probably buy a few Christmas presents, though I need to curb my spending on movies.
    6116700_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Just started watching this as a Star Trek and Batman 66 fan I have a broad grin
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2017 Posts: 17,694

I just purchased this as well, AND
    71hLX-znAXL._SL1500_.jpg
    chrisisall wrote: »

I just purchased this as well, AND
    71hLX-znAXL._SL1500_.jpg

I was just thinking I wish DC had started doing Batman 66 animated movies twenty years ago, R.I.P. Adam West so much nostalgia in the two films they did.

I was just thinking I wish DC had started doing Batman 66 animated movies twenty years ago, R.I.P. Adam West so much nostalgia in the two films they did.
    Agreed... :(

I know mate though thankful for the recent films

I'm really glad Adam got to experience the outbreak of fan love after the 60s show got remastered to Blu-ray and more press and attention was on the show and its impact on the history of pop culture, as well as on him again as the face of the show. He was always really great to fans from what I've heard and seen, so he went out knowing he was loved with a big bat symbol shining in the sky. Can't ask for much more than that.
    Ghost_In_The_Shell_SAC_Solid_State_Society_DVD.jpg
    My Son said it wasn't nearly as good as the two full seasons that preceded it (which I LOVE), but for this price ($8) I just couldn't resist....
  • I agree with your son, but that price—yeah, worth it.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,528

I'm really glad Adam got to experience the outbreak of fan love after the 60s show got remastered to Blu-ray and more press and attention was on the show and its impact on the history of pop culture, as well as on him again as the face of the show. He was always really great to fans from what I've heard and seen, so he went out knowing he was loved with a big bat symbol shining in the sky. Can't ask for much more than that.

Alot of credit goes to Kevin Smith and more so Ralph Garmon who helped West finally getting on the Hollywood walk of fame, I have listened to numerous interviews/podcasts with these three they were great friends. Smith and Garmon as you know contributed to us enjoying West's Batman 66 Renaissance. As fans we were lucky indeed.

Alot of credit goes to Kevin Smith and more so Ralph Garmon who helped West finally getting on the Hollywood walk of fame, I have listened to numerous interviews/podcasts with these three they were great friends. Smith and Garmon as you know contributed to us enjoying West's Batman 66 Renaissance. As fans we were lucky indeed.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I absolutely love Kevin and Ralph not only for their entertainment content but definitely for what they were able to give Adam in his final years, which was genuinely special. They got him the recognition he deserved in Hollywood and also got to write a comic book with the 60s Batman and Green Hornet teaming up which made those old shows even more revitalized.

When I heard Adam had passed the first person I thought of was Ralph as I'd heard him talk lovingly of the man for years and the influence he'd had on his life since he was a boy. It was very touching to read his remarks as he eulogized Adam, one of the good ones in a nasty town.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pre-ordered Brawl in Cell Block 99 on 4K, along with The Nolan 4K Collection (comes with his Batman trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, The Prestige, and Dunkirk).
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered Brawl in Cell Block 99 on 4K, along with The Nolan 4K Collection (comes with his Batman trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, The Prestige, and Dunkirk).

Holy crap. That's a robbery!

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I absolutely love Kevin and Ralph not only for their entertainment content but definitely for what they were able to give Adam in his final years, which was genuinely special. They got him the recognition he deserved in Hollywood and also got to write a comic book with the 60s Batman and Green Hornet teaming up which made those old shows even more revitalized.

When I heard Adam had passed the first person I thought of was Ralph as I'd heard him talk lovingly of the man for years and the influence he'd had on his life since he was a boy. It was very touching to read his remarks as he eulogized Adam, one of the good ones in a nasty town.

They did a fantastic tribute to Adam shining the Bat signal for him it was fantastic, I often listen to Fatman on Batman and Hollywood Babble-on.

Fantastic
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,528

Right? Dunkirk is my only blind buy of the collection, but I'd really enjoy owning the other six, and it was only $100, so even without that one, it's still a crazy good deal.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Right? Dunkirk is my only blind buy of the collection, but I'd really enjoy owning the other six, and it was only $100, so even without that one, it's still a crazy good deal.

Don’t worry. Dunkirk is awesome.

The later trailers didn't wow me like that initial teaser, but I've heard nothing but overly glowing praise for this, so it should be a proper blind buy.

The later trailers didn't wow me like that initial teaser, but I've heard nothing but overly glowing praise for this, so it should be a proper blind buy.

It will be a blind buy for me though I am almost certain Dunkirk IMAX will look phenomenal.
    Just bought these HD digital downloads as Black Friday Deals...

91Fw8sMmmeL._RI_SX200_.jpg

71Iu7JSCSwL._RI_.jpg

91RZahnd0oL._RI_SX200_.jpg

81RkAnvmjUL._RI_.jpg

91BU6bDdPCL._RI_SX200_.jpg

My experience has been a divisive reception, interestingly enough.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, good picks. American Psycho is one of my favorite films.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,528
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, good picks. American Psycho is one of my favorite films.

Cheers I have the other three on Bluray, though I only had The 9th Gate and American Psycho on dvd so looking forward to a rewatch.

Edited: another HD download for £1.99...

91XaZXYhsjL._RI_SX200_.jpg

Classic! My HD movies on tablet collection is pretty vast now