The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

The Fourth Protocol. The only thing that's a bit out of place is the ending. The rest of the film, while not great, is impeccably executed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote: »
    @chrisisall, never seen that one before but I like Ritchie and his hyper-stylistic gangster type films, so I thought I'd buy it and check it out. What enticed you about it?
    I like both Ritchie and Butler. I'm in.

I see. A very alluring Thandie Newton caught my eye as well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »
    @chrisisall, never seen that one before but I like Ritchie and his hyper-stylistic gangster type films, so I thought I'd buy it and check it out. What enticed you about it?
    I like both Ritchie and Butler. I'm in.

I see. A very alluring Thandie Newton caught my eye as well.
    There IS that as a factor...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The Fourth Protocol. The only thing that's a bit out of place is the ending. The rest of the film, while not great, is impeccably executed.

Have you read the book? So much better (especially the set-up at the beginning), one of Forsyth's finest reads.
    rocknrolla_ver3.jpg

Rocknrolla is an enjoyable film. If you like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and/or Snatch, you won't go wrong with this one. Classic Guy Ritchie, and probably one of his films I've seen most often. Thandie Newton is a highlight as well. One of those lost chances for a Bond girl.
    Not a great fan of Gerald Butler.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,874
    The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) dir. Jack Arnold. Arrow Video blu-ray. One of my favourite 50s Sci-Fi films gets a HD release. Love this, comes with a documentary on Jack Arnold, a feature with Richard Matheson's son about the writing of the book, The Shrinking Man, trailers and one I'm really looking forward to the Super8 cut-down version that was released for home consumer. When I was in my mid-teens I had a Super8 set-up and managed to get Jason and the Argonauts, it came as four 50ft reels which I spliced together on one big reel…ah, those were the days.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    51Vg9ltIQlL.jpg

9182bhV2tkL._SY445_.jpg

166225_medium.jpg
    I do like the art work on this Bluray was not expecting this version, I know the films are not great though they are a guilty pleasure for me,
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like the first two a lot.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I like the first two a lot.

They are daft films though good fun
    barryt007 wrote: »

Then Rocknrolla is probably not the movie for you, @barryt007 – there's a lot of Butler in this one. Other than him, there's also Mark Strong, Thandie Newton (as mentioned above), Idris Elba, Tom Wilkinson, Gemma Arterton, Tom Hardy and others. Impressive cast for a film with a $18 million budget.

Then Rocknrolla is probably not the movie for you, @barryt007 – there's a lot of Butler in this one. Other than him, there's also Mark Strong, Thandie Newton (as mentioned above), Idris Elba, Tom Wilkinson, Gemma Arterton, Tom Hardy and others. Impressive cast for a film with a $18 million budget.

Ah now I do like all the others a lot,so I might put up with Butler to see them !

Ah now I do like all the others a lot,so I might put up with Butler to see them !

Not the worst way of spending 114 minutes if you ask me – Butler fan or not. It's not like it's all about him and his character either. :-)

Not the worst way of spending 114 minutes if you ask me – Butler fan or not. It's not like it's all about him and his character either. :-)

Nice one Torg,I will look out for it if it comes on Sky Cinema.

• edited November 2017 Posts: 17,302

Nice one Torg,I will look out for it if it comes on Sky Cinema.

It should be available on different streaming services for sure. Guy Ritchie's films usually are!
  • PNC2.BR.Cover.72dpi.png
    Paul Naschy Collection II (Blu-ray)
    Contains:
    Hunchback of the Morgue
    The Werewolf and the Yeti
    A Dragonfly for Each Corpse
    The Devil's Possessed
    Exorcism

• 738329216269.jpg
    The Mercenary (1968), a top-notch Spaghetti Western.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 13,894
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    PNC2.BR.Cover.72dpi.png
    Paul Naschy Collection II (Blu-ray)
    Contains:
    Hunchback of the Morgue
    The Werewolf and the Yeti
    A Dragonfly for Each Corpse
    The Devil's Possessed
    Exorcism

I wish more of his films would get a UK R2 release, that is the second BR release that is Region 1(A).
    914zW%2BBAoXL._SL1500_.jpg
    All on blu-ray

Creed
    The Big Short
    The Martian
    The Revenant
    Gone Girl
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    formula.bmp

11492352-1874523648938386.jpg

mm00198566.jpg?width=450
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I forgot to upgrade my Equalizer collection. I’ll be purchasing that same box, as I only have Season 1. The rest are all taken from VHS.
    I forgot to upgrade my Equalizer collection. I’ll be purchasing that same box, as I only have Season 1. The rest are all taken from VHS.

I bought the first series when it was released. But during what turned out to be a four year gap between series 1 & 2, I didn't think any more series were going to be released, so I sold off the first series.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I bought the first series when it was released. But during what turned out to be a four year gap between series 1 & 2, I didn't think any more series were going to be released, so I sold off the first series.
    Is that in Blu-Ray format, Major? The new box set, that is?

Is that in Blu-Ray format, Major? The new box set, that is?

No, DVD. The only BRs I have, are those dual format DVD/BR releases. My collection is too large to upgrade to BR (those that are available on BR), only to do it all over again for whatever the next format is going to be.
    BD
    Stargate (Kurt Russel movie)
    Spiderman Homecoming
    X men Apocolypse
    Rambo
    Dune
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD
    Stargate (Kurt Russel movie)
    Spiderman Homecoming
    X men Apocolypse
    Rambo
    Dune

Good selection I have all of those, I bought Stargate Ultimate Edition a few months back on BD stands up well, plus Arnold's score is very good.
    I always liked the movie Stargate, this is the Directors cut so I will see what the difference is with my dvd copy.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I always liked the movie Stargate, this is the Directors cut so I will see what the difference is with my dvd copy.

It's slightly better than the theatrical version it's definitely one of Roland Emmerich better films, I am a big fan of the TV show bought the TV movies on BD also Stargate Continuum looks great.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stargate has a really interesting concept.